Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/26/2021 11:39:54 AM EDT
On Monday, the New Mexico Senate Health & Public Affairs Committee held a hearing on SB-10, the abortion up-to-birth and infanticide bill proposed by Sens. Linda Lopez (D-Bernalillo) and Peter Wirth (D-Santa Fe).

The Committee resumed its business shortly after 3:00 p.m. following a slew of technical issues where some senators could not log onto the virtual meeting, the audio wasn’t working at one point for the chairman, Sen. Gerald Ortiz y Pino, who said “I can’t hear a damn thing,” and an influx of New Mexicans tuning in caused the system to lapse.

However, once the technical issues were finally resolved, the Committee began its proceedings, introducing the bicameral bill and its sponsors. Sen. Lopez said of her bill, which would strip away all protections for women, doctors, and babies, that “We must respect and support those who support such a decision and must take politics and the law out of” abortion despite her own sponsorship of the bill seems to put politics into the conversation.

Sen. Wirth noted how he was “honored” to support the anti-life bill. He read off a few canned talking points, claiming the current law, dormant due to Roe v. Wade, is “archaic” and that he “respects” the decisions of New Mexico women to kill their children in the womb.
View Quote

https://pinonpost.com/nm-senate-committee-approves-abortion-up-to-birth-bill-in-5-3-vote/

On Monday, state Rep. Tara Lujan (D-Santa Fe) filed House Bill 166, which would criminalize the ownership and manufacture of multiple types of guns.

The legislation would add to the New Mexico Criminal Code language making it a felony for anyone to manufacture, “produce or otherwise assemble” a firearm “unless that person is a federally licensed gun dealer or manufacturer” and anyone who possesses, sells, transfers, or purchases such a firearm would be made a felon as well.

It would also make anyone who uses a three-dimensional printer or similar device to “manufacture or produce a firearm or firearm component unless that person is a federally licensed gun dealer or manufacturer.” All sales, transfers, and purchases of such a device would also. be subject to a felony.

Even the dissemination or creation of digital instructions on how to manufacture a 3D-printed firearm component would also be a felony. As well, the bill criminalizes any sale or manufacture of “covert” firearms made from a “kit, a firearm frame or receiver that is not imprinted with a serial number registered with a federally licensed gun manufacturer unless that person is a federally licensed gun dealer or manufacturer.”
View Quote

https://pinonpost.com/nm-bill-would-criminalize-multiple-firearms-and-components/

I'm so sick of this shit.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 7:45:41 PM EDT
[#1]
BUMP
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 8:01:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 8:10:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Here's some info on Lujan.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 1:36:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

FUCK THE ENTIRE LUJAN CRIME FAMILY
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 8:27:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This right here.

Can't assemble a gun, but I can kill a baby
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 12:43:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Here's a website that will send emails to your reps, about some gun bills.

https://stopmlg.com/

Link Posted: 2/2/2021 4:10:03 PM EDT
[#7]
I emailed my State Rep today, feel free to copy it and use it.

NM State Rep

Dear Mr. Madrid,

My name is CJ7365, I have made Southern New Mexico my home for the last 11 years, I rarely write to my law makers, unless something really is disturbing to me and the following 2 bills are disturbing.

I have read HB 166 and HB 193 a couple of times and find them disturbing.

HB 193 will get abused, this law will make it easier for law enforcement to petition for an extreme risk protection orders directly, even when no crime has been committed. This violation of due process order will allow law enforcement to search and seize weapons and trample our civil liberties.

HB 166 will make felons out of law-abiding gun hobbyists who assemble, design, or manufacture guns and components.

These laws go to the extreme without consideration of the law-abiding citizens of New Mexico.

I would like to hear your opinion on these 2 bills and how you are going to vote on them.

These 2 bills do NOT suppress crime, more gun laws equal more crime because only the law-abiding people obey them, just as No Gun Zone laws are a joke, who obeys them, law abiding citizens not the criminals.

I did not want to make this email really long so I kept it brief and to the point, please reach out to me if you want to hear any more of my opinion.

Sincerely,

CJ7365
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top