Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/6/2021 9:44:58 AM EDT
Anyone going to the Willow Run airshow this weekend?  Taking my 7 year-old son to his first airshow! We're doing the Saturday morning session when the F-35 demo will be taking place, and the Blue Angles are there too.  The afternoon sessions have the Thunderbirds and an A-10 demo team.  Supposed to be a big gathering of B-25s this year too.  Good lineup!

https://yankeeairmuseum.org/airshow/

Link Posted: 8/6/2021 12:55:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I used to go to the one at Selfridge one way or another. By Car, By Boat, or in my front yard.
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 1:11:52 PM EDT
[#2]
We're taking my 9 yr old son. We'll be there for both shows.
Anyone know any of the frequencies the crews will be using to communicate w planes?
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 11:42:08 AM EDT
[#3]
It was a good show.  Brief compared to other shows, since they split in half to make two shows for the audience to view from their parking spot, bu it worked out well for us since we took some kids and their attention span is limited.  Entry and exit was also the most painless it has ever been for an airshow in my experience, lol.

Link Posted: 8/8/2021 3:11:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Amazing pics! I took a lot, but with a phone camara.. nothing compared to the quality of yours.
If you've got more, I'd love to get them if you wouldn't mind.

Doc

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top