Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 12:57:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Literally just got an email from Gary Marbut... Gianforte is scheduled to sign HB 258 at 10am on Thursday (tomorrow) the 22nd.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 1:23:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 1:49:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Literally just got an email from Gary Marbut... Gianforte is scheduled to sign HB 258 at 10am on Thursday (tomorrow) the 22nd.
View Quote

Good.

I'll send another mess of emails out about HB 436 as well.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 2:00:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/21/2021 11:57:56 PM EDT
[#5]
A short time after my last post, Gary sent another email out..... Friday, the damn thing will be signed Friday at 9:30AM
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 3:23:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Nice, keep up the pressure guys.

From a (soon to be) MN transplant to the Flathead area, I appreciate your efforts on these bills and I look forward to helping with future pro-2A bills once I'm moved and settled.

I did take the time to email a few elected folks in MT. Not sure what effect it may have had as I'm not a constituent yet, but they at least understood that there are pro-2A people moving into their areas and that we expect them to vote to uphold the US Constitution
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 5:32:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Nice, keep up the pressure guys.

From a (soon to be) MN transplant to the Flathead area, I appreciate your efforts on these bills and I look forward to helping with future pro-2A bills once I'm moved and settled.

I did take the time to email a few elected folks in MT. Not sure what effect it may have had as I'm not a constituent yet, but they at least understood that there are pro-2A people moving into their areas and that we expect them to vote to uphold the US Constitution
View Quote

Welcome to The Last Best Place!

Tip:  On your maiden voyage here, ditch those MN plates as soon as possible!  Maybe mail them back to that douche of a Governor that MN stupidly elected.
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 9:10:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Anyone know of a link for today's signing ceremony?
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 2:06:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Dear MSSA Friends,

Montana Governor Greg Gianforte signed House Bill 258 this morning. It has an immediate effective date so it is now law in Montana.

HB 258 prohibits state and local government employees from enforcing or assisting to enforce any new federal gun laws, executive orders, rules, or regulation that affect firearms or accessories and that may become effective after January 1, 2021.

HB 258 was sponsored by Rep. Jedediah Hinkle (R-Belgrade). This bill was introduced at the request of the Montana Shooting Sports Association. It was also introduced and passed by the Legislature in 2013, 2015, and 2017, but vetoed each time by then-Governor Bullock.

MSSA thanks Representative Hinkle and Governor Gianforte for making HB 258 happen. Montana doesn't want or need the types of gun control measures that may be desired by politicians in D.C. HB 258 will minimize the effect of any new federal gun control on Montana's law-abiding gun owners.

--

Gary Marbut, President

Montana Shooting Sports Association

http://www.mtssa.org

Author, Gun Laws of Montana

http://www.mtpublish.com

Link Posted: 4/23/2021 2:07:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Tip:  On your maiden voyage here, ditch those MN plates as soon as possible!  Maybe mail them back to that douche of a Governor that MN stupidly elected.
View Quote

Hey, I could be like the thugs around the Twin Cites who just remove their plates and drive around without any on so the cops can't easily identify them. Saw two of them heading to the hardware store the other day.

MT will be gaining two reliable red votes who don't complain about nanny type issues and a young minor we don't want indoctrinated with the critical race theory BS they're pushing here.

I've been active (and effective) with a group of like minded people in steering my city's government away from some of their more crazy leftist ideas over the past year and a half and will bring at least a little bit of experience in handling political matters with me

After several months of projects, we just had listing pictures taken today and our house here goes on the market next Friday and it'll go quick. Just as we're fleeing leftist MN, Minneapolis liberals are fleeing the city to the suburbs where Antifa and BLM are less of a perceived threat...though we've had two BLM protests pass my house since the Floyd incident last year, one of which was just this week.

Anyway, has Gianforte signed this bill yet?!?!
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 2:12:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

See the post above yours.  Haven't seen anything official yet though.  No reason to doubt it is a done deal.
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 2:21:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

See the post above yours.  Haven't seen anything official yet though.  No reason to doubt it is a done deal.
View Quote

I see that! Country posted as I was writing a response so I didn't see it. Exciting that it's a done deal. Less danger of "scary guns" being grabbed by the feds when they inevitably go after them.
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 2:23:19 PM EDT
[#13]
It is confirmed on the MSSA Book of Faces page!

Thank You MSSA and all involved!

I will be writing a check to MSSA later today! https://www.mtssa.org/
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 2:26:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Hey, I could be like the thugs around the Twin Cites who just remove their plates and drive around without any on so the cops can't easily identify them. Saw two of them heading to the hardware store the other day.

MT will be gaining two reliable red votes who don't complain about nanny type issues and a young minor we don't want indoctrinated with the critical race theory BS they're pushing here.

I've been active (and effective) with a group of like minded people in steering my city's government away from some of their more crazy leftist ideas over the past year and a half and will bring at least a little bit of experience in handling political matters with me

After several months of projects, we just had listing pictures taken today and our house here goes on the market next Friday and it'll go quick. Just as we're fleeing leftist MN, Minneapolis liberals are fleeing the city to the suburbs where Antifa and BLM are less of a perceived threat...though we've had two BLM protests pass my house since the Floyd incident last year, one of which was just this week.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes.
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 2:50:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Official link.

Link Posted: 4/23/2021 3:00:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Bullock vetoed similar bills 3x in the past.  DO NOT let any one tell you that voting does not matter.  Montana did it right in 2020!
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 3:32:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Was the Governor getting a little "Dem" curve out of his spine today just to make a showing that he's a "Rep" ?

This was the 10th day he has had this bill to sign it, today it would of became law without his signature unless he'd pull a Bullock veto stunt.

Glad it's law regardless !

HB258:

http://laws.leg.mt.gov/legprd/LAW0203W$BSRV.ActionQuery?P_SESS=20211&P_BLTP_BILL_TYP_CD=HB&P_BILL_NO=258&P_BILL_DFT_NO=&P_CHPT_NO=&Z_ACTION=Find&P_ENTY_ID_SEQ2=&P_SBJT_SBJ_CD=&P_ENTY_ID_SEQ=

KC
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 3:43:02 PM EDT
[#18]
So, can we now discuss braces and the FRT15 trigger and how/if they apply to Montana law?
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 4:08:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
So, can we now discuss braces and the FRT15 trigger and how/if they apply to Montana law?
View Quote

Certainly. I have a Fostech Echo and a Franklin Armory BFS III. Of the two I prefer the Echo. REALLY want to try the FRT-15 though.

I can't imagine there's anything in Montana law that prohibits their use (correct me if I'm wrong), and anything the feds pass is virtually unenforceable in the state as of today.
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 4:23:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Authorized Print Version – HB258:

Section 8.          Retroactive applicability.          [This act] applies retroactively, within the meaning of 1-2-109,

to a federal law, executive order, rule, or regulation adopted or enacted on or after January 1, 2021, or a new

and more restrictive interpretation of a law that existed on January 1, 2021.
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 8:39:02 AM EDT
[#21]
258 is good news for sure.
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 3:21:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Was the Governor getting a little "Dem" curve out of his spine today just to make a showing that he's a "Rep" ?

This was the 10th day he has had this bill to sign it, today it would of became law without his signature unless he'd pull a Bullock veto stunt.

Glad it's law regardless !
View Quote
He kind of did the same with HB102 (permitless carry). I'm guessing a scheduling issue rather than a message.
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 3:24:50 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 3:42:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Or it could be because he was in Covid quarantine.
View Quote
Suuuure, just inject all that common sense bullshit in here now...
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 3:51:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
He kind of did the same with HB102 (permitless carry). I'm guessing a scheduling issue rather than a message.
View Quote

I hope that's the reason for the delay of 10 days to sign this law.

Regardless he's a much needed upgrade from our previous Governor for our 2nd Amendment Right's ...

KC
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 5:37:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Regardless he's a much needed upgrade from our previous Governor for our 2nd Amendment Right's ...

KC
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

KC

I'm trying - and failing - to picture a downgrade from Bullock. Gianforte might not be perfect - but better than the vast majority of other politicians so far.

Still. He bears close watching and that's exactly what we're all doing.
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 10:09:04 PM EDT
[#27]
Please read the following message and send some damn money for membership or donation to MSSA!

70 pro gun bills is nothing short of amazing work over the past 30 plus years.

Share with friends and family!

Dear MSSA Friends,

Now that Governor Gianforte has signed HB 102 and HB 258, that makes, by my count, 70 pro-gun bills that MSSA has gotten through the Montana Legislature and enacted into law. This does not include bills vetoed by various governors or that otherwise failed in process.

With all respect to Montana's gun-friendly sister states, such as Wyoming, Arizona, Idaho, and Alaska, MSSA's record of pro-gun success is maybe two to four times as extensive as our closest competitor. That makes MSSA the best in the U.S. by a long shot, which also makes MSSA the best at this in the World, since they just don't do this stuff in other countries.

We do give partial credit to the NRA, GOA, CCRKBA, and SAF, all of which support us on selected issues (for example, the NRA did not support HB 258, but did support LR-130, and was very helpful with HB 102). But, these other, national entities don't imagine or create the pro-gun ideas that MSSA does, they don't survey legislative candidates about these new, pro-gun ideas, they don't write the bills, they don't recruit the bill sponsors, and they don't arrange introduction of the bills into the Legislature. At best, they come along after all that trailbreaking work is done and support MSSA's leading efforts once the bills are introduced and moving. We appreciate that support, but MSSA and its people do the lion's share of the work.

So, MSSA is the best of the best at asserting the RKBA. MSSA has an extraordinary string of successes. MSSA has earned and deserves the active support of Montana gun owners. If you agree, please help MSSA recruit new members so we can grow even stronger and get yet more done.

If you are not a member yourself, it's high time you joined. There is membership information and an application form available at:

https://www.mtssa.org/?page_id=46

And, yes, we apologize that we have no way for people to join Online with a credit card, yet. We're still working on that. That's complicated because of the unusual privacy MSSA feels compelled to offer and assure for our members. It's also complicated because I won't provide my personal SSN or obligate my personal assets to sign MSSA up for credit card processing. It's even further complicated because I won't cozy MSSA up to anti-gun credit card processors, such as Pay Pal. But, we haven't given up on this.

Meanwhile, you might imagine how frustrating it is when MSSA tries to recruit a Montana gun owner as a member, only to hear, "Why should I spend good money to join some gun group when gun rights are just fine in Montana?" Or the classic, "I don't need to join MSSA because I'm a member of the NRA."

It's hard to not rant about this. It's exactly because MSSA has gotten 70 pro-gun bills enacted over 30-some years that Montana has great gun rights. Yes, there are people who are happy to ride in the wagon, but won't get off and help pull it. End of toned-down rant.

Those of you who are MSSA members, thanks loads, congratulations, and I believe it's something to be proud of. Those who are not yet members, it's time to saddle up, and for good reason.

Finally, about 15% of current MSSA members don't live in Montana. Maybe they hope to move here some day, or maybe they just want to help support our great work. Whatever, we're pleased to have non-Montanans as members too.

Feel free to recirculate this message however you wish.

Best wishes,

--

Gary Marbut, President

Link Posted: 4/25/2021 2:02:40 AM EDT
[#28]
He should see what it takes to become part of Amazon smile. AZCDL is on it and I used to support them that way. They'd get several thousand dollars a year that way. Currently supporting the second amendment foundation and would happily switch to mssa.
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 2:15:46 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Please read the following message and send some damn money for membership or donation to MSSA!

70 pro gun bills is nothing short of amazing work over the past 30 plus years.

Share with friends and family!

Dear MSSA Friends,

Now that Governor Gianforte has signed HB 102 and HB 258, that makes, by my count, 70 pro-gun bills that MSSA has gotten through the Montana Legislature and enacted into law. This does not include bills vetoed by various governors or that otherwise failed in process.

With all respect to Montana's gun-friendly sister states, such as Wyoming, Arizona, Idaho, and Alaska, MSSA's record of pro-gun success is maybe two to four times as extensive as our closest competitor. That makes MSSA the best in the U.S. by a long shot, which also makes MSSA the best at this in the World, since they just don't do this stuff in other countries.

We do give partial credit to the NRA, GOA, CCRKBA, and SAF, all of which support us on selected issues (for example, the NRA did not support HB 258, but did support LR-130, and was very helpful with HB 102). But, these other, national entities don't imagine or create the pro-gun ideas that MSSA does, they don't survey legislative candidates about these new, pro-gun ideas, they don't write the bills, they don't recruit the bill sponsors, and they don't arrange introduction of the bills into the Legislature. At best, they come along after all that trailbreaking work is done and support MSSA's leading efforts once the bills are introduced and moving. We appreciate that support, but MSSA and its people do the lion's share of the work.

So, MSSA is the best of the best at asserting the RKBA. MSSA has an extraordinary string of successes. MSSA has earned and deserves the active support of Montana gun owners. If you agree, please help MSSA recruit new members so we can grow even stronger and get yet more done.

If you are not a member yourself, it's high time you joined. There is membership information and an application form available at:

https://www.mtssa.org/?page_id=46

And, yes, we apologize that we have no way for people to join Online with a credit card, yet. We're still working on that. That's complicated because of the unusual privacy MSSA feels compelled to offer and assure for our members. It's also complicated because I won't provide my personal SSN or obligate my personal assets to sign MSSA up for credit card processing. It's even further complicated because I won't cozy MSSA up to anti-gun credit card processors, such as Pay Pal. But, we haven't given up on this.

Meanwhile, you might imagine how frustrating it is when MSSA tries to recruit a Montana gun owner as a member, only to hear, "Why should I spend good money to join some gun group when gun rights are just fine in Montana?" Or the classic, "I don't need to join MSSA because I'm a member of the NRA."

It's hard to not rant about this. It's exactly because MSSA has gotten 70 pro-gun bills enacted over 30-some years that Montana has great gun rights. Yes, there are people who are happy to ride in the wagon, but won't get off and help pull it. End of toned-down rant.

Those of you who are MSSA members, thanks loads, congratulations, and I believe it's something to be proud of. Those who are not yet members, it's time to saddle up, and for good reason.

Finally, about 15% of current MSSA members don't live in Montana. Maybe they hope to move here some day, or maybe they just want to help support our great work. Whatever, we're pleased to have non-Montanans as members too.

Feel free to recirculate this message however you wish.

Best wishes,

--

Gary Marbut, President

View Quote

My previous post indicated I would send a check to MSSA.  I did just that!  Hopefully Gary will see the date on the check and make the connection!
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 10:28:21 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

My previous post indicated I would send a check to MSSA.  I did just that!  Hopefully Gary will see the date on the check and make the connection!
View Quote

Thank You!! I know that a few of us have sent in money recently. I hope that locals in all corners of the state are starting to realize that we need to support MSSA. Or maybe he has seen a few donations/memberships come in and realizes that he has an opportunity to make another good push/drive for support. We need to invest in OUR state 2nd Amendment Organization as they/we will be under attack in the next election cycle.

Also, I believe we have the best gun laws in the country right now. I think other Americans are recognizing that and are looking to move to MT.  

Keep up the fight!!

Link Posted: 4/25/2021 3:23:54 PM EDT
[#31]
Sending a check to MSSA tomorrow for a family membership!

Currently supporting Minnesota Gun Owner's Caucus with donations and Amazon Smile but with the move it's time to switch. MGOC has been surprisingly effective in this blue state but we won't be here any longer.

I'll keep Amazon to MGOC until and unless MSSA gets set up on it.
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 6:03:56 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Currently supporting Minnesota Gun Owner's Caucus with donations and Amazon Smile but with the move it's time to switch. MGOC has been surprisingly effective in this blue state but we won't be here any longer.

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 9:46:27 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

Awesome to hear! Safe travels and welcome to our great state!
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 9:37:31 PM EDT
[#34]
Send Gianforte a message to support/sign HB 257!!

HB 257 would prevent local governments from conscripting private businesses as enforcers to require their employees to enforce local government regulations.  This spun out of local health regulations that required businesses to assign employees the job of enforcing local mask mandates.

Businesses should not be enforcing health mandates.

Message Governor Gianforte
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 3:13:44 PM EDT
[#35]
The session officially ended 4/29. There are a few important pieces of legislation still pending the Governor's approval or ten day period, but they should become law soon.

I really am impressed. The November election went well for MT gunowners. MSSA deserves a lot of credit for putting forth the effort all of these years. Researching and writing these pieces of legislation and then spending the time lobbying to get them introduced and moved through the process. Amazing work by them.

And thank you to everyone that sent messages and talked to friends and relatives about the process.  

Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top