Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/9/2021 10:13:55 AM EDT
2021 HALLOWEEN HORROR SHOTGUN MATCH at PRGC official match announcement.

October 31st 8am start time.
Match rules are posted on the sign up page on Practiscore.
Please sign up and pay on practiscore, and once approved to shoot, please squad yourself ahead of time

The following rules are what will govern the match.

1. Safety Rules
1.1 Participants are subject to procedural penalties or match disqualification for violation of any rule or regulation in sections 1 or 2.
1.2 The Halloween Shotgun Match will be conducted as a COLD RANGE.
1.2.1 COLD RANGE (definition): Participant’s firearms will remain unloaded at the match site except under the direction of a match official.
1.3 Designated Safety Areas.
1.3.1 The Safety Areas will be clearly marked with signs.
1.3.2 Unloaded firearms may be handled and/or displayed only in the Safety Areas.
1.3.3 No ammunition may be handled in any Safety Area.
1.4 Shotguns.
1.4.1 Shotguns must be cased or carried muzzle up and stored muzzle up in racks between stages. If you take a shotgun in a case to the stage, have the courtesy to be sure it is NOT pointed at anyone when it comes out of the case. Anyone who fails to do this correctly WILL be DQ'd.
1.4.2 Shotguns must be carried with actions open and detachable magazines removed.
1.5 "Negligent Discharge" is defined as the discharge of a firearm in an unsafe manner or unintentionally in which a projectile (bullet) strikes the ground within 3 meters of the competitor or range officer, or outside the confines of the backstop.
1.6 A participant shall be disqualified from the Match for dropping a loaded firearm or dropping a firearm while in the loading/unloading process.
1.7 A participant shall be disqualified for allowing the muzzle of his/her firearm to break the 180 degree Safety Plane.
1.8 No participants or spectators shall consume or be under the influence of alcohol or non-prescription drugs at the match site. Any participant found to be impaired and deemed unsafe as a result of legitimate prescription drugs may be directed to stop shooting and requested to leave the range.
1.9 Eye protection is mandatory for participants, spectators & range personnel at the match site.
1.10 Ear protection is mandatory for participants, spectators & range personnel while on or near a stage of fire.
1.11 This is a shotgun only match. Please leave sidearm’s in your vehicle during the match.

2. Sportsmanship & conduct
2.1 Participants and spectators are expected to conduct themselves in a courteous, sportsman-like manner at all times. Disputes will be handled promptly and fairly by the Match Director or by submission to the Arbitration Committee (aka the Match Director).
2.2 Clothing with any offensive or obscene logos, sayings, pictures or drawings will not be worn or displayed while at the match site/range.
2.3 Participants unable to control their temper, may have penalties added and or be disqualified from the match.
2.4 Competitors will pay the replacement cost of any props or range equipment damaged through their own negligence.

3. Ammunition
3.1 No tracer, incendiary, armor piercing, or steel shot ammunition is allowed.
3.2 Shotgun ammunition shall be 20 gauge or larger, and LEAD shot size is limited to MAX #6 1.1/8oz at 1350FPS or smaller.
3.3 If a competitor’s ammunition damages a steel target, they will pay for the replacement cost of that target.
3.4 No buckshot or slugs allowed. LEAD BIRDSHOT ONLY.

4. Firearms
4.1 All shotguns used by competitors shall be serviceable and safe.
4.2 If a competitor's shotgun becomes unserviceable during competition, that competitor may replace his/her shotgun with another of the same model, gauge and sighting system approved by the Match Director or his designee.
4.3 For purposes of this ruling, a "shotgun" consists of a specific gauge, receiver, barrel, stock and sighting system combination.
4.4 The same shotgun system, per Rule 4.3, shall be used during the entire match.
4.5 Competitors will not reconfigure any shotgun during the course of a match. (i.e. change gauge, barrel length, sighting systems or stock style.)

5. Firearms Classifications
BOOMSTICK: Any single, double, or triple barrel break action shotgun.

SCATTERGAT: Any “single-magazine-tube” fed shotgun with a single optic allowed. No other limitations.

MEMEGUN: This division is for the new pump action drop magazine fed shotguns, and for the multiple fixed magazine tube guns. Specifically the Mossberg 590M, Keltec KSG, and similar shotguns with either drop box magazines, or multiple fixed magazine tubes.
No capacity or other limitations.

OPEN: No limitations on accessories.

Any questions on equipment/classifications ask via email or at shooter’s meeting.

6. Scoring PAY ATTENTION TO THIS!
6.1 Scoring per stage will be straight time with penalties added in the form of time.
6.1.2 All steel must fall to score. All flying clays must break to score. Failure to do this will be scored as a MISS penalty of 10 seconds per instance.
6.1.3 Any other infraction will be scored as a Circumvention Of Game Spirit penalty of 60 seconds per instance.
6.1.4 Knocking over an MGM spinner target is a 60 seconds penalty. Prairie storm and other over powered ammos are not allowed per rule 3.2
6.1.5 Stage Not Fired will be score as 5000 Seconds.

7. COSTUMES
7.1 Costumes are encouraged. Please nothing offensive. This is a family friendly event.
7.2 Costumes should allow safe movement and manipulation of the shotgun through rigorous movement while shooting.
7.3 The complete costume does not need to be worn throughout the competition.
Link Posted: 9/11/2021 1:40:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Anyone have a line on 7.5/8 1 oz shells for this?
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 12:29:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/18/2021 1:02:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Anyone have a line on 7.5/8 1 oz shells for this?
View Quote

True Shot Gun Club in tempe had some cases of 12ga. not sure what they have right now.
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 1:13:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Bass pro has cases of federal top shot.
ETA: tru shot gun club in Tempe told me they should have birdshot the first week of October.
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 6:11:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Match is over half filled. don't wait too long or you will miss out on the spooky fun times with the penultimate Halloween defense weapon.
Link Posted: 10/5/2021 2:10:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Hey Paul,

Section 1.4.1 and 1.4.2, can the scatterguns be carried in my cowboy gun cart - when parked they sit upright, muzzle up, actions open...?
Link Posted: 10/5/2021 3:52:07 PM EDT
[#7]
I really want to go.  But I haven’t been able to find anyone to take my shift at work yet, and even if I do, I think doing Halloween stuff with the kids will take priority.
Link Posted: 10/5/2021 6:18:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Hey Paul,

Section 1.4.1 and 1.4.2, can the scatterguns be carried in my cowboy gun cart - when parked they sit upright, muzzle up, actions open...?
View Quote

a chamber flag would still be required, muzzle up or down is fine.  gotta change the old rules from before the time of chamber flags for all long guns that the range now requires.
Link Posted: 10/5/2021 6:19:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I really want to go.  But I haven’t been able to find anyone to take my shift at work yet, and even if I do, I think doing Halloween stuff with the kids will take priority.
View Quote

Match starts at 8am and should around noon.  plenty of time to still take the kids out.
Link Posted: 10/5/2021 9:37:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Match starts at 8am and should around noon.  plenty of time to still take the kids out.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I live in Prescott, so that turns it into a 5 hour minimum affair including drive time.  And I don’t have the day off work yet.  

Darn, I have a new shotgun arriving at my FFL tomorrow, too…
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 3:49:53 PM EDT
[#11]
match is 3/4's full. don't wait to sign up.
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 3:31:58 PM EDT
[#12]
11 slots left.  don't wait too much longer.
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 10:29:20 PM EDT
[#13]
What's the par time? Def gonna par out, esp there are freakin kettlebells.
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 10:36:06 AM EDT
[#14]
120 PAR time for each stage.

NO KBELLS.  this isn't the 2GACM.
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 4:01:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
What's the par time? Def gonna par out, esp there are freakin kettlebells.
View Quote

This is also a fun match; showing up in costume with a SxS or O/U and having a blast (pardon the pun) is part of the allure.
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 6:27:56 PM EDT
[#16]
This Match is totally tongue in cheek with stages name like:  "are the walls closing in?"  "this isn't where I parked my car!"  "the wave is the motion"
You know you are in for a good time.
Link Posted: 10/18/2021 1:29:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Only 3 spots left.
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 12:00:03 PM EDT
[#18]
MATCH IS FULL!
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 4:43:15 PM EDT
[#19]
1 spot opened up! 4 hours until registration closes. Here's your chance for Halloween shotgun fun!!!!
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 2:38:27 AM EDT
[#20]
Thanx for the fun match Paul!
It was challenging without being impossible.

And I got to smoke it up a little bit..
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 11:02:33 AM EDT
[#21]
you're welcome, happy to the unicorn return.
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 3:43:15 PM EDT
[#22]
is this match always up in phx I have been out of touch for a while and looking at getting back shooting again thanks scott
Link Posted: 11/3/2021 12:38:04 AM EDT
[#23]
Great match and I came in dead last. :[ At least I know what I need to work on now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top