Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 12:36:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 4:00:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I will be walking around the billings show this weekend..
View Quote

Let us know if they show up with stuff people need and want.

Like .308 magazines, powders, primers, bullets, loaded ammo
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 10:15:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 4:16:58 AM EDT
[#4]
I might be back home by then.
What ever happened to the one in Missoula at Adams Field House?
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 1:45:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 2:06:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Not sure. I never went to that one but I heard it was the best in the state.

The company that manages the shows is all about the dollar. They want maximum foot traffic to get their door fees. They don't care about the vendors. They ran off a lot of the top, professional vendors years ago.
View Quote

Sports Connection?
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 2:21:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 4:39:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Anyone other than TTM hit Billings this weekend?
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 1:42:40 PM EDT
[#9]
I did.  Wasn’t too bad of a show but I bought more than I should have lol.

Got to meet ttm.   First Montana arfcom mer I’ve been able to meet.  Hoping to go down and just visit the spring billings show and great falls spring show so maybe meet up with someone else then
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 2:10:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 2:07:53 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I did.  Wasn’t too bad of a show but I bought more than I should have lol.

Got to meet ttm.   First Montana arfcom mer I’ve been able to meet.  Hoping to go down and just visit the spring billings show and great falls spring show so maybe meet up with someone else then
View Quote

Was there actual powder, primers, bullets  and loaded ammo for sale?
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 11:27:27 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 12:24:22 PM EDT
[#13]
What's the deal with selling stuff as an attendee? Might want to try to ditch some ammo, powder, bullets, etc.
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 12:24:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
What's the deal with selling stuff as an attendee? Might want to try to ditch some ammo, powder, bullets, etc.
View Quote

ETA: Kalispell

ETA 2: Apparently I hit quote, not edit. Oops
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 1:49:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 2:38:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Some people walk around with a rifle or sign trying to sell. It's pretty common. If you have a bunch of stuff, just get a table. Or split a table with a buddy. Best part is you get early access to the show and can usually find something.
View Quote

Good to know, thanks! I don't have enough stuff or the time for a table unfortunately. I have some stuff up on Armslist, but I don't know that it sees much traffic...
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 4:26:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 1:00:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Helena show cancelled? Lame.

Looks like Butte will be my next best shot to ditch a bunch of stuff I don't need. I prefer things to stay in-state if possible of course. It seems like last time I sold much on GunBroker it mostly went to the coasts.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 12:04:56 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Looks like Butte will be my next best shot to ditch a bunch of stuff I don't need. I prefer things to stay in-state if possible of course. It seems like last time I sold much on GunBroker it mostly went to the coasts.
View Quote

Montana gun trader seems to be getting some pretty good traffic lately.  I think word is finally getting out.  I've made several transactions on there in the last few days.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 1:36:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Montana gun trader seems to be getting some pretty good traffic lately.  I think word is finally getting out.  I've made several transactions on there in the last few days.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for the heads-up! I'll have to give that a try. I didn't know about it until right this moment.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 3:19:59 PM EDT
[#21]
I will echo what Wirebrush said. I was pessimistic that it had enough traffic.  I signed up last week and sold in a day. Shocked, and unexpected.  I will give it some more stuff that I need to clear out and see what happens.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 5:31:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 6:48:55 PM EDT
[#23]
It works more like a forum than an auction/listing site.  From the little I have been on there, when the stuff is moving, it moves quick. Nowhere near the amount though compared to Armslist yet.
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 12:29:56 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I am trying to learn how to run their site. I keep seeing the same guns when I search and not much movement. Maybe it's just Billings?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I will echo what Wirebrush said. I was pessimistic that it had enough traffic.  I signed up last week and sold in a day. Shocked, and unexpected.  I will give it some more stuff that I need to clear out and see what happens.

I am trying to learn how to run their site. I keep seeing the same guns when I search and not much movement. Maybe it's just Billings?

I thought the same for a long time.
It took me a bit to realize, but the first page and a half are paid ads that stay on the first page and a half or so.  They are shaded slightly darker to differentiate from the free ads, but you have to look real close to see the difference.
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 12:30:52 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 12:33:14 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
It works more like a forum than an auction/listing site.  From the little I have been on there, when the stuff is moving, it moves quick. Nowhere near the amount though compared to Armslist yet.
View Quote

I think it is overtaking Armslist pretty quickly.  Half the ads on Armslist are the same dealer ads that have been on there for years.  MGT turns over more ads than it seems if you just look at the first couple pages.
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 11:18:02 AM EDT
[#27]
Got signed up on MT gun trader. We'll see how it goes!
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 1:43:10 AM EDT
[#28]
I’m on MGT...it’s definitely moving a lot more.  I’ve had some success selling, too.
Link Posted: 4/4/2021 2:33:54 PM EDT
[#29]
Any thoughts on the Butte gun show? I haven't gone in years.

I'm mainly wanting to part with ammo that doesn't function 100%/accurately in my guns or calibers I don't own any more. 5.7x28mm American Eagle and Magtech .38spl as examples - nothing too exotic.
Link Posted: 4/4/2021 3:40:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 4/4/2021 3:46:24 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

@third_rail

Not sure? Never been to that shoe. Might be worth getting a table if you have things to offload.

Or use the Montana gun trader site.

I will be sharing a few tables with some buddies at the April show in Billings.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Any thoughts on the Butte gun show? I haven't gone in years.

I'm mainly wanting to part with ammo that doesn't function 100%/accurately in my guns or calibers I don't own any more. 5.7x28mm American Eagle and Magtech .38spl as examples - nothing too exotic.

@third_rail

Not sure? Never been to that shoe. Might be worth getting a table if you have things to offload.

Or use the Montana gun trader site.

I will be sharing a few tables with some buddies at the April show in Billings.

Depending on how much I feel like driving out to Billings I might go to that one too. Also depends on how busy I am - but Butte is practically down the road from me. Only about an hour.
Link Posted: 4/4/2021 4:29:04 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 4/4/2021 10:39:18 PM EDT
[#33]
I put it on my calendar so maybe this time I won't forget it.
Link Posted: 4/5/2021 11:38:22 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I put it on my calendar so maybe this time I won't forget it.
View Quote

I did too.

I believe in both of us though - I'm sure I can find a way to still miss it.
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 3:17:09 PM EDT
[#35]
I am thinking of selling two Lee einfields and I suppose I could carry them at the show and see if anyone bites
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 4:54:31 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 9:24:41 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I am thinking of selling two Lee einfields and I suppose I could carry them at the show and see if anyone bites
View Quote

Go on...
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 10:37:17 AM EDT
[#38]
They aren't anything special. I don't think either is matching, one the wood was refinished. I will try to pull them out and see what they are later today.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 12:06:02 PM EDT
[#39]
No chance of going to Butte today - hopefully a short trip tomorrow. With any luck the dealers won't pack up early.

Failing that I'll be going to Billings for the big one later this month.
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 3:30:12 PM EDT
[#40]
Couldn't make it work to go to Butte today either.

If this much crap comes up next weekend I'm going to lose my mind a little bit.

Link Posted: 4/16/2021 11:52:10 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Will do. The spring show in Billings is the best one. I usually have a table at that one.
View Quote

This is good news. Looking forward to seeing what it has to offer this afternoon followed by boats and RV show.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 12:40:56 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

This is good news. Looking forward to seeing what it has to offer this afternoon followed by boats and RV show.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Will do. The spring show in Billings is the best one. I usually have a table at that one.

Do tell how it is once you go. I'm on the fence about the 3+ hour drive each way.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 8:01:29 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 10:22:29 PM EDT
[#44]
I am planning on going to the show tomorrow afternoon.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 11:14:39 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 1:26:38 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
We have the first tables on your left when you walk into the 2nd room. Stop by and say hi.
View Quote

And bring stacks of Benjis.
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 8:38:38 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

It's the fullest I have seen that show in years. Lots of vendors. Lots of ammo, reloading items, etc. Now it's not pre panic prices BUT there are some deals out there.
View Quote

Looks like I may well be missing this show too.

Figures that I keep having things come up. I'll make one some time.

For now I guess I ought to give up and just list everything on MGT instead. I've got piles of ammo I have no use for.
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 9:37:42 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
We have the first tables on your left when you walk into the 2nd room. Stop by and say hi.
View Quote

Will do.
Link Posted: 4/18/2021 9:52:29 AM EDT
[#49]
Later Saturday afternoon when I went. Most common price on .223 was $1 a Rd. 9mm also $1 a Rd. Primers I saw some prices of $150 for a brick. I really was only looking for two things. Mauser Pocket pistols, and I want a Israeli used Mauser rifle. Saw a couple Mauser HSC but variations I already have.
Link Posted: 4/18/2021 9:56:57 AM EDT
[#50]
Wasn’t able to make the show though I wanted to.    Still in the middle of calving up here.

Will make it to the great falls show next weekend though. Friday for sure and maybe part of Saturday.  Just to look around.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top