Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/12/2019 11:55:49 AM EDT
Of all the years I've been on this forum I never noticed the Rhode Island section.

Anyhow, most of you know we are working our tails off in RI to stop the nonsense that has proliferated across MA and CT. Right now the Rhode Island Second Amendment Coalition, Rhode Island Firearm Owners League, Rhode Island Rifle and Revolver Association and FRISC have met with Statehouse leadership on a number of bills already submitted and we expect more to come. It appears that leadership feels enough is enough but we are still expecting a full on assault from the progressive left. Naturally that fight takes funds to make that happen. Though this was a tough election year we managed to get a number of pro 2A folks elected, flipping seats that were previously occupied buy Democrats for 50 years.  So naturally this takes funds to make this happen.

Please make an attempt to attend the fundraiser we are having on Feb 25th, details below. Sure, it's a Monday night but you'll get to drink some beer, grab a bite to eat, check out some awesome firearms and hear what's happening in the RI legislature.

If you cannot attend please consider making a donation to the Rhode Island Second Amendment PAC. This is a nonprofit established for the purposes of supporting the 2A movement in Rhode Island, nowhere else.

Best,

Glenn Valentine

Rhode Island Second Amendment PAC Chairman.

Varnum Fundraiser

Rhode Island Second Amendment PAC
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 8:34:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Forgot to add. There will be many state Senators and Representatives that are strong 2A folks, the fundraiser will be going live on AM radio, gun industry folks and many silent auction items.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 6:48:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Welcome to the RIHTF, Glenn The forum is slow, but I suspect we have quite a few lurkers here.

I'll be at the fundraiser provided I can find someone to cover my shift that night. At the very least I'll be sure to donate to the RISA PAC. We would lose a lot of battles were it not for your (and everyone else's) hard work.

I posted the link to the fundraiser on my Facebook page and it generated some interest. I work with quite a few guys who enjoy shooting, but they haven't gotten involved in protecting their rights. I'm hoping that will change as it's going to be another ugly year at the General Assembly.

In any case ... welcome

Chuck R.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 10:07:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Chuck, We need all the help we can get. Our plan is to completely shut the Statehouse down this year. Last year we came damn close and the speaker was impressed as well as the senate president and pretty much every rep and senator in the building. The NRA lobbyist in Colorado asked what "model" did we use to organize. I was called the "oh sh#t' model. Folks need to get scared because the progressives are pushing hard. Tomorrow is the Gov's big legislation dump at 3pm. After that I guess we're officially at war.

Hope to see you at the fundraiser.
Link Posted: 2/17/2019 10:16:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 3:23:50 PM EDT
[#5]
I will do my best to attend, if I can't I will donate.
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:07:27 PM EDT
[#6]
I actually think I can make this
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 9:15:16 PM EDT
[#7]
I left after I saw a felon I refused a sale to.
Link Posted: 2/27/2019 3:26:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/27/2019 8:27:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
what the hell? Did the event sponsors know?

(Should have come down to the museum and said hello before you left)
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
I left after I saw a felon I refused a sale to.
what the hell? Did the event sponsors know?

(Should have come down to the museum and said hello before you left)
I doubt it. It's was a little latter. Everyone was just milling around. Where is the museum from that main lobby. What are the hours. We're only 5 minutes away. I should bring my son down.
Link Posted: 2/28/2019 3:58:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/10/2019 9:27:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Damn, sorry I missed you 03!

Tim it was great to catch up with you. The Meusem is amazing
Link Posted: 3/11/2019 5:16:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top