Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/30/2019 9:45:38 PM EDT
@FVMC

As a heads up and not to side track another thread, here is a list of some of the bills we are facing this session.

http://gunownersofmaine.org/billtracking

https://amgoa.org/Proposed-Maine-Gun-Laws

It will be very important to keep an eye on these and be sure to make our voices heard. Most of these bills have been assigned to committee but there are no hearings scheduled yet. You can check out where each bill stands by knowing the LD number and searching the status here:

http://legislature.maine.gov/LawMakerWeb/search.asp

My suggestion is to find out who is on each respective committee and let them know your thoughts. If you can make it to the hearing to speak your mind then it is prudent to do so. For most of us this is not practical. If it makes it out of committee for a vote be sure to contact your reps and let them know how you feel.

With the democrat takeover in our state and a democrat governor we cannot just assume that because some of these did not pass in previous years that they will fail again. They will not.

Here is a list of all the proposed bills for this session, All 2,042 of them. You can cross reference the LR number on the legislature website to see its status and text.
http://legislature.maine.gov/doc/2624
Link Posted: 3/31/2019 6:36:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for posting. I just joined gun owners of Maine. The bill tracking feature that you linked to on their website  is pretty slick. I was just looking at it yesterday. I'm trying to be more active with emails and phone calls to my representatives.
Link Posted: 3/31/2019 6:15:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info.

100% right about the dem takeover here. I knew it was gonna happen.

I'm going to do as much as I can to help our cause.
Link Posted: 4/1/2019 3:05:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 12:34:07 PM EDT
[#4]
As a heads up to folks, apparently when you email committee members and committee clerk it does not count as testimony in the public record. Looking at LD1312 testimony from the public hearing mine is not there.

It seems you must use the Maine legislature submit testimony section of the website for it to be formally entered.

https://www.mainelegislature.org/testimony/
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 9:08:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Status update folks...

http://gunownersofmaine.org/billtracking

Most of these turds are now scheduled for public hearing. Now is the time to start submitting testimony.
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 4:49:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Anyone heading up for the hearings?

Unfortunately, most of these are going to pass. Mag bans, waiting periods, red flag laws... the dems wouldn't have them scheduled for hearings if they didn't have the votes already.

We aren't going to change anyone's mind, but it would be nice for someone to vocalize the fact that these bills won't do anything to stop crime, but will destroy our culture, and that we know THAT is the real reason for the push.
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 7:43:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Anyone heading up for the hearings?

Unfortunately, most of these are going to pass. Mag bans, waiting periods, red flag laws... the dems wouldn't have them scheduled for hearings if they didn't have the votes already.

We aren't going to change anyone's mind, but it would be nice for someone to vocalize the fact that these bills won't do anything to stop crime, but will destroy our culture, and that we know THAT is the real reason for the push.
View Quote
The bills are only in committee right now which is where the public hearings are held. All of the bills go to committee and then depending on how they are voted on in committee will decide if they go to a vote in the house. So no, don't think all of these will pass just because of the Dems.

I can't take off all day to go up in person and testify but I have been submitting written testimony for many of the bills I am for or against. Even the written testimony is a time consuming process to perform but we need to make sure our voices are heard no matter how insignificant we may feel they are in a now Dem controlled legislature.
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 6:46:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
As a heads up to folks, apparently when you email committee members and committee clerk it does not count as testimony in the public record. Looking at LD1312 testimony from the public hearing mine is not there.

It seems you must use the Maine legislature submit testimony section of the website for it to be formally entered.

View Quote
which committee are we supposed to submit comments to?

I can't seem to find the appropriate committee that shows the bills in question. Maybe i'm missing it, but i've flipped through the options about 10 times now...
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 3:40:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 4:51:10 PM EDT
[#10]
It is pretty confusing, and navigating the Maine legislature website is kind of a bear. Once you get used to finding stuff on there and the processes it is much easier to navigate.

Now after I typed this whole spiel I see there is a step by step guide elsewhere online available HERE: https://www.themainewire.com/2019/04/how-to-submit-testimony-via-the-legislatures-new-online-system/

There are a few ways you can go about searching. If you know the LD (Legislative Document) number you can punch it in here: http://legislature.maine.gov/ There is a field to search for bills by LD number. That will take you to the webpage for that specific bill. It displays a basic status summary, on the left of the page you can click to read the bill text, find out what committee it has been referred to and where it is at in that process among other things.

Most of the bills that are coming up next Friday that folks specifically here would care about are all in the Criminal Justice and Public Safety Committee. The public hearings for them are scheduled for 5/10/19. You can see a list of them here on the criminal justice and public safety committee information page that lists the members on the committee and the upcoming schedule.

http://legislature.maine.gov/committee/#Committees/CJPS

So then... Once you know the LD number, you know what committee the bill is in and when it is scheduled for a hearing and you have read the bill and want to voice your opinion on it...

You can show up in person... or submit written testimony. You can only submit written testimony after the hearing is scheduled via the website.  And for that you have to go here:

Once you are on the testimony submission form page you select the committee from the menu and the day the hearing for the bill you want to testify about is scheduled... And the time... Then you check the box next to the bill you are testifying for and you can either write in the text entry box or attach a file.. PDF.. DOCX... etc.

Once you do that and it was successful you'll get an email confirming receipt of your testimony.

As for the testimony itself...If you look at other bills that have already had hearings you can read through testimony given and kind of see the format. Basically, say who you are, where you are from or who you represent. Specify the LD number and the title of the bill.. Lay out if you are for or against it and why and be respectful but persuasive... At least that is my opinion. Don't put anything in there you do not want public.
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 12:51:52 AM EDT
[#11]
This is fuckin sickening what Maine has turned into.

Weather has always sucked, but the people keep getting worse.
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 10:19:54 AM EDT
[#12]
Good luck on Friday fellas!Hope you squash most of this crap.We have had a mag ban in my state since 2013 and it sucks.There just not banning mags with that one there also banning firearms,if you buy guns online some dealers won't ship a gun to a mag ban state because it has standard cap mags,also gun manufacturers come out with new guns all the time but they might not be available to you because of a standard cap mag ban.If it passes don't forget about mags for guns that you don't have yet.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 9:24:05 AM EDT
[#13]
What problem will 1071 (high-cap mag ban) be resolving in Maine?  This is nothing more than the spread of the infection from your friends to the South.  The Dems have been given their shopping list and are going to go for it all.  Gawd......I hope not.  IT will turn thousands of Mainers into instant felons just like here in CT.   PLEASE do your best to stymie this behavior as best you can.  Remind the Dems that they, too, are gun owners and shooters  and bills like these do NOTHING to curb problems. They would be shooting themselves in their collective feet but pursuing these kinds of inept, unenforceable, and ineffective bills.
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 10:53:33 AM EDT
[#14]
If (more likely when) this bullshit passes....

How long until it's made law?
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 12:06:07 PM EDT
[#15]
http://legislature.maine.gov/general/path-of-legislation-in-maine-detailed/9285

A bill becomes law 90 days after the end of the legislative session in which it was passed.

A bill can become law immediately if the Legislature, by a 2/3 vote of each chamber, declares that an emergency exists. An emergency law takes effect on the date the Governor signs it unless otherwise specified in its text.

If a bill is vetoed, it will become law if the Legislature overrides the veto by a 2/3 vote of those members present and voting of both chambers.
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 5:55:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
If (more likely when) this bullshit passes....

How long until it's made law?
View Quote
Yeah, we've got a ways to go before any of this is law. Unfortunately, as I said before, take a look at the make-up of our state government...

All we can do is keep calling, writing, and showing up (where possible). Might even be a good idea to drop by the monthly repub. and dem. meet-and-greets to hand out a bit of shit.
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 6:55:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Sorry I'm late. But this is still live steaming now. The public hearing.

http://sg001-harmony.sliq.net/00281/Harmony/en/PowerBrowser/PowerBrowserV2/20190510/-1/13395?viewMode=1

Sickening what these Reps think.
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 7:30:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Sorry I'm late. But this is still live steaming now. The public hearing.

http://sg001-harmony.sliq.net/00281/Harmony/en/PowerBrowser/PowerBrowserV2/20190510/-1/13395?viewMode=1

Sickening what these Reps think.
View Quote
Been listening for a while now, It's funny that the people who testify in favor of these bills are clueless on the facts. And clearly just burping up the same crap they read on everytown, brady etc or the news.

When they were taking testimony about the "ghost gun" bill one woman talked about how you can get it through security. A rep then explained to her the gun still needs a metal firing pin, spring and a metal bullet and how would that go through a metal detector? She says I don't know that's just what the website said..

You hear the rep being like oh... well I guess that is credible then.  
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 2:53:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Been listening for a while now, It's funny that the people who testify in favor of these bills are clueless on the facts. And clearly just burping up the same crap they read on everytown, brady etc or the news.

When they were taking testimony about the "ghost gun" bill one woman talked about how you can get it through security. A rep then explained to her the gun still needs a metal firing pin, spring and a metal bullet and how would that go through a metal detector? She says I don't know that's just what the website said..

You hear the rep being like oh... well I guess that is credible then.  
View Quote
Haha I was thinking the same thing before the guy said it! The stupidity is amazing.

I posted in another thread about the people on our side not being well spoken. A few of them were cringe worthy for sure. Almost made it worse. I guess at least they made an effort tho
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 6:59:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Yeah, a lot of these people are probably not professional public speakers like the anti folks. The anti gun folks I hear were not very impressive I thought. When questioned they simply did not have any answers. If you get them off the talking points they have no idea what to say. Some of the testimony is so poorly written you wonder if the person graduated high school. At least they are taking the time to get involved and fight for their rights.
Link Posted: 5/15/2019 3:46:09 PM EDT
[#21]
What chance to you all feel some of these bills have of passing into actual law?  You've got such a pristine 2a environment there in Maine.  Anything that would intrude on it for the sake of some political crap would be a disaster.  Trust me when I tell you that these restrictions do not go away.....ever but , in fact, tend to multiply over the years.  It would change your state from a clean-running clear water stream to a polluted pond.  You guys have one of the, in fact probably the most pristine firearms environment in any of the states, period, save for a restrictions on MGs.  I know that your pro-2a clubs are active and just hope and pray that you'll be successful in preventing the backslide against you.  In my home state of Connecticut, every year (And this is no foolin)......every year I wake up to new restrictions that make me a felon in my own state; me and tens of thousands of other shooters who simply refuse to kowtow to an ignorant legislature whose only goal is to take control of virtually every aspect of your life.  Owning a firearm here used to be easy.  I was an instructor for 15 years.  Today, it's a nightmare and gets worse.  The regs are so bad that no one can actually agree on what they are actually prohibiting so everything gets confiscated and the courts have to sort them out which is led by an ignorant, anti 2a judge.

Don't let this happen to your state!  Fight tooth and nail.
Link Posted: 5/15/2019 6:43:53 PM EDT
[#22]
"You guys have one of the, in fact probably the most pristine firearms environment in any of the states, period, save for a restrictions on MGs".

First, I am not aware of any state-level restrictions on machine guns as long as all Federal ATF NFA requirements are met.

Second, both the Gun Owners of Maine and Sportsman's Alliance of Maine do not appear to be too concerned about these bills -- other than clearly stating their opposition to them. They have not issued a "call to arms" (figuratively) to the membership to flood the State House with opposition.

Third, the NRA has issued an alert to members to e-mail legislators to oppose these bills.

Fourth, an independent group headed up by Eric Brakey has issued e-mail alerts, and has personally rallied gun owners to testify in person against these bills.

Fifth, the Maine newspaper reader comments are overwhelmingly pro-gun and this should give politicians some pause if they want to get re-elected again.

Cautiously optimistic and awaiting some guidance / feedback from GOM and SAM as to the actual status.
Link Posted: 5/16/2019 11:42:02 AM EDT
[#23]
"Fourth, an independent group headed up by Eric Brakey has issued e-mail alerts, and has personally rallied gun owners to testify in person against these bills".

Per Eric Brakey, the vote on these gun bills will be TOMORROW (May 17, 2019).

Mainers need to contact the Maine Criminal Justice Committee ASAP if they want to defend their 2nd Amendment rights.

https://www.facebook.com/freemaine/

P.S. Maine Democrats sold Mainers out to the National Democratic Party by pushing through the unconstitutional "National Vote Compact" -- effectively negating Mainers voices in national elections -- and forcing Maine to go along with NY, CA, IL, etc....

Time to vote these Maine Democrats out in the next election!
Link Posted: 5/16/2019 12:49:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

P.S. Maine Democrats sold Mainers out to the National Democratic Party by pushing through the unconstitutional "National Vote Compact" -- effectively negating Mainers voices in national elections -- and forcing Maine to go along with NY, CA, IL, etc....

Time to vote these Maine Democrats out in the next election!
View Quote
If you are referring to LD816, it has not passed yet. The house still needs to vote on it. Contact your house rep. I emailed mine yesterday, she is a D but told me she does not plan on supporting it.

Basically they want to get rid of the electoral college without changing the constitution because they know they wont have the support.

I like how we adpot rank choice voting in ME because we don't want the popular vote (Lepage) , yet we need to get rid of the electoral college for national election because we want popular vote.. (Hillary)
Link Posted: 5/16/2019 5:41:32 PM EDT
[#25]
"Contact your house rep. I emailed mine yesterday, she is a D but told me she does not plan on supporting it."

Contacted my rep today even though I know he opposes it -- never hurts to back them up and give them confidence to vote NO.
Link Posted: 5/16/2019 7:38:59 PM EDT
[#26]
No matter how they feel about something... At the end of the day these folks are supposed to be working for us even if it makes no difference I want to make sure they know where I stand.
Link Posted: 5/17/2019 1:13:26 AM EDT
[#27]
URGENT ALERT FROM GUN OWNERS OF MAINE

"Senator Claxton is testing the waters to reconsider the committee vote on LD 1470 (An Act to Allow the Prohibition of Weapons at Public Proceedings and Voting Places). This would allow towns and cities to ban firearms from town offices and meetings, creating a minefield of new gun-free zones all over the state".

"Please contact Senator Claxton and encourage him to continue to vote against this piece of legislation. Please do it right away".

Senate Democrat Office (207) 287-1515
Email: [email protected]
Link Posted: 5/17/2019 5:39:17 PM EDT
[#28]
BREAKING NEWS - After a huge grassroots opposition campaign organized by Gun Owners of Maine and the Free Maine Campaign, the Criminal Justice Committee today unanimously voted “Ought Not to Pass” on 6 of the 10 bills in the “Gun Control Tsunami.”

The following bills are effectively dead:

- LD 516, An Act To Establish a Statewide Voluntary Firearm Collection Day and Ongoing Program

- LD 569, An Act Regarding Gun Control

- LD 747, An Act To Promote the Safe Use and Sale of Firearms

- LD 1033, An Act To Protect Children from Accidental Injury Due to Unsafe Storage of Firearms

- LD 1071, An Act To Prohibit the Sale of High-capacity Magazines

- LD 1276, An Act To Better Enforce the Prohibition against Dangerous Persons Possessing Firearms

BUT WE AREN’T OUT OF THE WOODS YET.

All other bills have been tabled, including Universal Background Checks. They are still very much live bills.

IMPORTANT: LD 1312, “Red Flag” Gun Confiscation still awaits a vote in the Judiciary Committee. The vote will take place Wednesday, May 22nd at 1pm.
Link Posted: 5/17/2019 6:24:47 PM EDT
[#29]
I had been checking the committee status all day and was happy to see ONTP on most of them. Especially the magazine one. The other two big ones I especially dislike are the "ghost" gun one and 72hr wait bill.

In today's political climate being able to walk into a dealer, buy a gun and walk out with it minutes later still affirms our liberty in this state. Having lived in a state where, if I wanted a handgun I had to buy it, then wait for the police to give me the OK to pick it up which was up to 21 days waiting, I cannot tell you how good it feels to still be free in Maine.
Link Posted: 5/17/2019 7:06:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I had been checking the committee status all day and was happy to see ONTP on most of them. Especially the magazine one. The other two big ones I especially dislike are the "ghost" gun one and 72hr wait bill.

In today's political climate being able to walk into a dealer, buy a gun and walk out with it minutes later still affirms our liberty in this state. Having lived in a state where, if I wanted a handgun I had to buy it, then wait for the police to give me the OK to pick it up which was up to 21 days waiting, I cannot tell you how good it feels to still be free in Maine.
View Quote
Same Here! I used to live in NY and had to have a Judge sign off on every pistol added to our permit. The last one before I moved took 6 months...
Link Posted: 5/18/2019 4:12:04 PM EDT
[#31]
Keep it up!  I can't believe the progress you've made already.  Even though the dems have a majority in your legislature it's heart-warming to see them respect the citizenry of their state; those who elected them; and turn away legislation that any other state would slurp up like a free slurpee on a hot day.  I bow to your patriotism.  I know there is more to go but, gosh, it's wonderful to see true devotion to the constitution in action.  I salute you but can't say that I'm surprised.
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 5:03:36 PM EDT
[#32]
Folks, some of the bills are going to be going to your state reps/senators for a vote that were not killed in committee.

Take a look at the bill tracking page on the gun owners of Maine, you can see which ones. Contact your reps and let them know how you want them to vote and make your voice heard.
Link Posted: 6/4/2019 8:19:06 AM EDT
[#33]
Will do..
We got a great rep and the Senator is pro 2A as well.
I've met them both on several occasions & will definitely call & email.
Thanks for the update..
Link Posted: 6/4/2019 6:57:58 PM EDT
[#34]
I check that site out at least twice a week. They must have just updated it yesterday.
Thanks for info. There's a hearing tomorrow on the red flag law. According to WCSH.

Edit: just looked. Red flag and 72-hour waiting period pretty much the only bills left. Let's hope they ought not to pass.

Edit 2: made a thread about that piece of shit Hogg visiting Maine.
Link Posted: 6/6/2019 8:24:32 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 6/6/2019 11:54:29 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Not surprised at the favorable coverage camera Hogg got.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I check that site out at least twice a week. They must have just updated it yesterday.
Thanks for info. There's a hearing tomorrow on the red flag law. According to WCSH.

Edit: just looked. Red flag and 72-hour waiting period pretty much the only bills left. Let's hope they ought not to pass.

Edit 2: made a thread about that piece of shit Hogg visiting Maine.
Not surprised at the favorable coverage camera Hogg got.
Neither am I.
Looks like we're going to get some version of that red flag bullshit. The sportsman's alliance and Mills have "reached a compromise". We all know what that means. She gets what she wants, we get the shaft
Link Posted: 6/6/2019 12:23:39 PM EDT
[#37]
The bill they just put together LD1811, that is the compromise is not nearly as bad as LD1312 was. I am sure that LD1811 will probably pass. With the complete control of the democrats it should breeze through. I do find it disturbing that they seem to be ignoring the usual legislative process and timelines. It is not emergency legislation so it should not even be coming up this far into the session.
Link Posted: 6/7/2019 6:32:56 PM EDT
[#38]
Well, LD533 is dead. This is the one that allows you to "stand your ground" outside of you home. The house voted to accept the ONTP recommendation from the committee.

Really sad to see that the roll call is basically a down the party line vote. I truly feel that politics is this country has become so bad that there really can be no common ground anymore. It is as though if you are not on my side you are not my fellow American, you are my enemy. How far we have fallen. Especially looking back on the effort put fourth by so many Americans of all beliefs, with one common goal in WWII to liberate Europe. There is probably no way we could do that again today with such a loss of values and morals among citizens of this country.
Link Posted: 6/8/2019 7:10:36 AM EDT
[#39]
Fuck SAM.  The 2nd Amendment has nothing to do with "sportsman".  That's very sporting of them to bargain away my God given rights.  FUDDs.
Link Posted: 6/8/2019 8:05:49 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Fuck SAM.  The 2nd Amendment has nothing to do with "sportsman".  That's very sporting of them to bargain away my God given rights.  FUDDs.
View Quote
I do feel that SAM is a FUDD organization. To me 2A has nothing at all to do with "sportsmen"

They may be on our side of the fence on many issues but not in the way GOM is.
Link Posted: 6/10/2019 10:09:16 AM EDT
[#41]
The same happened in CT.  The Fudds were sitting quietly in the background because they didn't use "assault rifles", right?  So, how bad could it get for them?  Well, it got pretty bad since they now have to have a CT AMMO iD in order to buy one round of ammo or one shell so when they went to Cabelas to pick up their one box of shells, they were turned back at the cash registers.  Had they become more vocal with their shooting hobbies brethren maybe our voices would have resounded more powerfully with our legislators.

Always remember.......it's NOT just Republicans/Conservatives who own firearms, hunt, and shoot and support the 2a. There are plenty of DEMOCRATS/LIBERALS who also shoot, hunt, and should support the 2a.  For them to fall into lockstep with their illustrious leaders affects them as much as it affects us.  They're cutting their own throats and don't even care.  Those guys/gals are the ones who need to be pushed hard by our side.
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 10:41:47 AM EDT
[#42]
Welp, the red flag law passed this morning.
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 1:12:23 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Welp, the red flag law passed this morning.
View Quote
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wmtw.com/amp/article/alternative-red-flag-bill-passed-by-senate-3/28110064

I’m on my phone at the moment, maybe someone can copy paste the details, thanks
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 2:51:12 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 2:52:32 PM EDT
[#45]
Great
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 5:10:29 PM EDT
[#46]
OK.  I'm a bit confused checking to see what actually passed.  Can anyone provide that simple info?  Thx!

Rome
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 5:36:39 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 6/21/2019 12:22:29 PM EDT
[#48]
You can be taken into "protective custody" at any time. They don't really need a reason to do so. Technically, if police think you are drunk (doesn't matter if you are or not) and are a danger to yourself or others, then they take you in. I've seen it happen first hand.
My step brother and I were at a casino (was actually a dog track with a poker room) in Seabrook NH years ago. Playing poker. He went out for a smoke and a beer. He had a 6 pack in the backseat. He decided to crack a beer while sitting in the backseat. (maybe not the smartest decision, but it was the backseat, no keys or anything) Well about 10 mins later I go outside. Wondering what the hell happened to him. I see a bunch of cops around my car, I call him, no answer. I walk up to my car, they are searching him, and eventually cuff and stuff him. I ask what is going on.
The LEOs explanation was; well we saw him drinking in a vehicle. (I gave him the clicker, not the key) and he seems awfully drunk. (literally 1 beer) we're taking him in. I asked on what charge? They said, "we'll let you know". Anyway, he asked for a breathalyzer test to prove he wasn't drunk, they wouldn't do it. They never actually charged him with anything. When he called me from the local station, I had him put one of the cops on the phone. He said, well we haven't charged him with anything, and we aren't going to. But he's not going anywhere until tomorrow morning
They literally held him overnight for nothing. No charges, no breathalyzer, just said he was a DANGER TO HIMSELF AND OTHERS and therefore would sit until the next morning at the earliest. Made no sense to me. They said "he's lucky we don't charge him with OUI". Something didn't add up. If they wanted to get him for OUI they woulda tested him. He wasn't driving anyway. No keys on person. Something weird was up. Anyway they let him go the next morning. I had to drive back down to go get him. I wasn't happy.

All of this is exactly what happened. Makes no sense.
No warrants, wasn't drunk, didn't commit any crimes, but taken into custody anyway
Just an example of the power they have. This law is bad fucking news.
Link Posted: 6/23/2019 11:01:56 AM EDT
[#49]
You get ONE chance to appeal, and the burden of proof is on you to prove you aren't nuts.

How would one go about proving they aren't crazy?
Link Posted: 6/24/2019 3:34:32 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top