Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/13/2020 8:13:08 AM EDT
First, I want to thank each and every one of you that did something these last two years that I have been making a PITA out of myself!!

NO ACTION WAS TOO SMALL!!!

Every little "like" or "share" or conversation you had with a fellow Washington gun owner radiated our signal.

And of course the letters, the emails and the phone calls to your reps.  For many of you it was your first time communicating with an elected office holder.  GREAT JOB!!!

For the benefit of those who do not Book of Face, here are some numbers compiled by Matthew Sands, part of the Washington 2020 Legislative Action Group Link to WA 2020 LAG FB Page

"A quick look at the 2020 session 2A legislation big picture.

84 total bills introduced
44 were carryovers from 2019
40 new bills for 2020
45 democratic sponsored
26 republican sponsored
13 by partisan sponsored

4 dem bills passed
1 by partisan bill passed

(Only 4 of 45 bad bills passed)

• HB 2555 Firearms listed as other (frames and receivers)

• HB 2622 Red flag order compliance. (Go to Court and tell the Judge you complied)

• HB 2467 WSP central background check sys. (Good and bad aspects) (by partisan)

• SB 5434 No weapons at daycare(amended to exempt CPL holders, pickup/drop off).

• SB 6288 Office of firearms violence prevention. (Firearms reduction)

(Governor has not yet signed any of these bills) he has five days.

Stay tuned for post session efforts and stay involved in helping us preserve our freedoms." (emphasis added by Trey)

Something else I noted:  I saw a few more names popping up this year in the WAHTF - awesome!!  Welcome back or welcome aboard!

Folks, when you consider the momentum that the anti-gunners had been building up over the years coupled with the heavy emphasis from the Executive branch and the AG's Office, and contrast that with what actually made its way to the governor's desk, you should be really damned impressed with yourselves!!

No action was too small.

And remember - this was all done essentially without a large, recognizable, centralized organization behind us!

Think about that!

YOU did this!

WE did this!

From all of this a new organization is emerging.  Keep and eye on wa2a.org as it grows legs over the next few months.  This will become a state-focused gun rights advocacy org dedicated to preserving and fight for one of our most essential liberties.

It will also have a focus on outreach and education with respects to the legislative process.  The more you, the law-abiding gun owner, becomes knowledgeable about Washington's legislative process, the more effective we as a whole will become.

As I close this post, I want to mention two "brick and mortar" gun store owners who spent countless hours away from their businesses and spent many, many dollars out of their own pockets to fight for your RKBA these last two sessions:

Daniel Mitchell of Sporting Systems in Vancouver (https://sporting-systems.com/)

and

Melissa Denney of Pistol Annie's Jewelry & Pawn in Bonney Lake (https://www.anniesjewelryandpawn.com/)

If your travels take you near their place of business, consider stopping in.  If something follows you home, well, it was money well spent.

From the bottom of my heart - thank you all again for every single thing you contributed these last two sessions!!

We ARE growing STRONGER!!  Stay active, stay engaged and be part of the movement that is only beginning to be felt and heard!!

Trey
Link Posted: 3/13/2020 10:33:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Thanks Trey for keeping us updated and engaged.
Link Posted: 3/13/2020 11:01:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/13/2020 11:06:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Thank you for your great posts and making it easier for people to be engaged. As someone who only has a cell phone to stay connected, it really does help.
Link Posted: 3/13/2020 1:55:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Thank You for all your time and reminders Trey!
Link Posted: 3/13/2020 2:01:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Thank You for all your time and reminders Trey!
Link Posted: 3/13/2020 3:14:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Yep, we did damn well, I'm proud. Happy Sine Die indeed.

Next step is to work on balancing the house and senate! Republicans NEED to turn out in record numbers this year, Dems are going to be apathetic if their precious Bernie gets squashed and we need to capitalize on it. Expect an initiative for reducing property taxes. We're stepping up, engage those who aren't engaged, and bring balance to Washington.

And we need to stay as involved as we can on keeping the ministry of firearm propaganda in check as it gets spun up, Dept of Commerce is going to be even more politicized.
Link Posted: 3/13/2020 3:47:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the updates.

We need to hammer their office of firearms propaganda with FOIA requests, attend every meeting and hold every official to their ethics code (which prohibits supporting initiatives for one).
Link Posted: 3/13/2020 4:40:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Thank you very much for all your hard work, Trey.  And, thank you to everyone else who fought in this fight.
Link Posted: 3/13/2020 5:52:38 PM EDT
[#9]
We should also thank the virus for diverting their attention away from gun control measures.
Link Posted: 3/13/2020 9:48:54 PM EDT
[#10]
twodeucetrey,

And a big thank you to you for all the updates and notifications you provided in Hometown.  It is greatly appreciated.

Now, lets keep it up.  MrZeat is correct, there's work to be done here.  Let's take Washington back!
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 3:32:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Some of this were still unsigned by the governor as of last night; anyone with knowledge of this able to explain why/what it means?
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 5:57:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Some of this were still unsigned by the governor as of last night; anyone with knowledge of this able to explain why/what it means?
View Quote

I will track down the specific reference later, but if the Governor does not sign a bill within 20 days of arriving on his desk, it becomes law anyway.

Video hotlink.  Fast fwd to 12:10 or watch whole thing (good info on WA’s legislative process)

ETA: video
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 3:35:31 AM EDT
[#13]
Thanks for the info; what’s the point of the governor signing them if they become law even if he does? Seems odd to me...
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 10:59:17 AM EDT
[#14]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for the info; what’s the point of the governor signing them if they become law even if he does? Seems odd to me...
View Quote

Political grandstanding, it lets him show he is for a bill or not, without having to actually veto it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top