Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/2/2018 3:11:14 PM EDT
Was scrolling through FB during my lunch break, and came across a post from Lujan-Grisham.  Basically said she was signing on to the AWB her other DIM colleagues were introducing in congress.  Not that it's a shock, but yet another reminder we really have to be active in the coming months and year.  I didn't click or read her whole post, but it started off with the lefty favorite "weapons of war" BS.

We've been lucky in the past that bills have usually died in committee, but with a DIM in the roundhouse, I can't help but believe the other DIMs will feel emboldened, and jam anything and everything through ASAP.

Call me debbie downer, but I for one will do everything I can to try to keep NM a free state.

*for the record, the only reason FMLG's post came up on my page is one of my instructor buddies commented, in an attempt to counter FMLG's feels with facts.
Link Posted: 3/2/2018 3:25:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I agree, its gonna be tough.

I don't think we'll see an AWB but we will see some kind of UBC/ registration you can almost count on it.
Link Posted: 3/2/2018 3:31:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, I could see the UBC very much becoming reality...

I also fear mag limits/bans.
Link Posted: 3/2/2018 3:38:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Come on guys, I just got here. I don't want to leave already.
Link Posted: 3/3/2018 9:29:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Come on guys, I just got here. I don't want to leave already.
View Quote
our population is low enough, and we're purple enough that a influx of motivated conservatives could swing us... but the economic climate, though totally reversible with said influx isn't inviting.
Link Posted: 3/5/2018 1:08:11 PM EDT
[#5]
We have a stiff fight but I fear its a losing one. I do printing and I can tell you that she is pushing, HARD, and I haven't seen a single piece come across for Pearce.
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 1:22:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Unfortunately I don't see a path to victory for Pearce, and I like him about as much as one can like their congressman.  Best we can hope for is R control of the house/senate, but even that isn't a guarantee of much when it comes to gun rights.

I really wish Susanna didn't spend so much of her political capital fighting the devils lettuce, getting that legalized and off the table would've cut down on 2018 liberal voters substantially.  At the end of the day its a lost cause anyway, so why waste precious resources fighting it.
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 2:27:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Unfortunately I don't see a path to victory for Pearce, and I like him about as much as one can like their congressman.  Best we can hope for is R control of the house/senate, but even that isn't a guarantee of much when it comes to gun rights.

I really wish Susanna didn't spend so much of her political capital fighting the devils lettuce, getting that legalized and off the table would've cut down on 2018 liberal voters substantially.  At the end of the day its a lost cause anyway, so why waste precious resources fighting it.
View Quote
I agree 100%.

lujan grisham is so far left we'll be on our way to sanctuary state in no time.

this state is fucked.
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 12:17:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

our population is low enough, and we're purple enough that a influx of motivated conservatives could swing us... but the economic climate, though totally reversible with said influx isn't inviting.
View Quote
I really hope you're right...
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 7:07:24 PM EDT
[#9]
My liberal neighbor sent me this so I can 'have my voice heard.' Might as well get as many of us to answer this ridiculous left wing 'priority' survey as we can.  Its pathetic all the made up 'issues' they think deserve legislation.  https://retakeourdemocracy.org/thank-you-for-raising-your-voice-completing-our-survey/
Link Posted: 3/9/2018 1:34:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Filled it out.  What a bunch of useless nonsense.
Link Posted: 3/12/2018 10:58:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Hit. That is one slanted ass survey
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 6:50:41 PM EDT
[#12]
The problem with this state are all the FSA types and California transplants.
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 7:24:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The problem with this state are all the FSA types and California transplants.
View Quote
It does seem like a lot of people are from Cali here. Also 90% of the people in Santa Fe seem like idiots. I have been there three times and every time have almost been hit in a crosswalk. 0/3 so far, hoping my luck doesn't run out...
Link Posted: 3/25/2018 9:48:26 AM EDT
[#14]
http://www.santafenewmexican.com/news/local_news/march-against-gun-violence-draws-thousands-to-downtown-santa-fe/article_a68d9d46-2f92-11e8-a556-a3d1286ea51e.html

MLG Wants a ban on all semi auto weapons.
Link Posted: 3/25/2018 9:04:01 PM EDT
[#15]
https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/April-14th-gun-march-Updated-OP/5-2095059/&page=1&anc=71581574#i71581574

Anyone from the Silver area going?

ETA: Sent links to Pierce and Dow.
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 9:57:11 AM EDT
[#16]
I agree - New Mexico is going to elect a Democrat governor - but everyone must vote - if we can't get these progressives out of office then we're going to lose our vote altogether.
It's not just Californians that are hijacking New Mexico - it's foreign voters too.

If you want to see how our state and country's demographics are being deliberately skewed in the blue direction then check this out:

https://www.newamericaneconomy.org/locations/new-mexico/new-mexico-district-1/

https://www.newamericaneconomy.org/locations/new-mexico/new-mexico-district-2/

https://www.newamericaneconomy.org/locations/new-mexico/new-mexico-district-3/

It's even spelled out as to how important it is to develop a larger pool of foreign voters in order to change the outcome of our elections.

and I quote from the site:

"Nationally, 19.1 million immigrants were eligible to vote in 2014—a group that could have a particularly important role in coming election cycles, given the narrow margins of victory that have decided presidential elections in recent years..."
Link Posted: 5/19/2018 5:17:47 PM EDT
[#17]
I just recently moved back to NM. I've come to the conclusion that NM is screwed.

The Northern Hispanics & Chicanos will not vote for an old white guy from the Southern part of the state. Just not going to happen.

Progressive Marxists are pushing for a war. I just hope it gets here before my kids have to fight it.
Link Posted: 5/23/2018 2:09:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I just recently moved back to NM. I've come to the conclusion that NM is screwed.

The Northern Hispanics & Chicanos will not vote for an old white guy from the Southern part of the state. Just not going to happen.

Progressive Marxists are pushing for a war. I just hope it gets here before my kids have to fight it.
View Quote
The funny part is the Nortenos I know are all very pro gun.  But they will always vote democrat regardless.  They just sort of shrug it off that nobody is actually trying to take their guns away.
Link Posted: 5/27/2018 9:36:19 AM EDT
[#19]
"The funny part is the Nortenos I know are all very pro gun. But they will always vote democrat regardless. They just sort of shrug it off that nobody is actually trying to take their guns away."
I agree. I recall seeing a sign along the highway in Cebolla for many years, maybe it's still there, that says "Vote straight Democrat."  But unfortunately they're going to find out--maybe sooner than later--that they're going to loose the ability to transfer their guns to their children when the Dims control everything.  Let's face it.  The so-called "progressives" real objective is to repeal the Second Amendment and ban and confiscate all guns from the law abiding citizenry.  I'm sure Bloomberg's group, Every Town for Gun Safety, is salivating now at the prospect of turning us into another Colorado come next January.  Hicaps will be gone, no more Jason's Guns, all transfer thru an FFL, etc.  They may even try to go the Cali route and make AR-15s and AK47 semis something you have to register to keep and they'll be untransferable so that they die with you and will have to be destroyed when you die!!  Basically, that's what Cali has done. They can't ban them outright since that would be an illegal confiscation and it's too costly to buy them back so Cali created a cutoff date to buy and register them.  You can keep them after that date BUT you can't get rid of them (at least not in Cali).  Seriously, I choose New Mexico when I left the service but the latest events have made me question that choice.  My mom's here in assisted living.  When she goes, I'll be evaluation leaving with my wife and heading to?  Arizona maybe? Texas is good but too humid for me.
Link Posted: 6/19/2018 11:12:15 PM EDT
[#20]
I new to NM (1.5 yrs or so) but if it gets too bad, I’m going to be looking to bounce.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top