Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/24/2021 5:10:00 PM EDT
So I have the car in the title above.  It’s got high mileage, 209,000mi and the transmission has been replaced once at 100,000mi.  I know these transmissions are notorious for only lasting about 100k from what I see on various forums.  

So, anyways, one day I went outside to drive it and it went into gear just fine and I was backing out of the driveway and when I put it in drive.......nothing.  I put it back in reverse........nothing.   So I got my boys to help me push it back into the driveway.  It sat for a week or so and I went back to tinker with it and checked the transmission fluid which was where it was supposed to be.  I got in it and same thing, it went into gear and I backed to the end of the drive, then put it in drive to pull forward again just to test it.........nothing again.  

So, it will move for the first minute or so it runs after sitting for a few days, then not again for a few more days and then same thing all over again.  What is going on!?  New transmission time again?  If it is I’ll probably get rid of the car cause it’s not worth what it’ll cost me to replace a transmission.  Anyways, thanks for any help/advice you may have.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top