Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/8/2018 6:00:32 PM EDT
Finally getting around to clearing an old trail on one of my ridges, looks like old cow trail, not really wide enough for a truck, clearing enough to eventually run an atv / sxs up it.

I still got ways to go to get to the top, lol, lots of downed trees laying across and briars.

The joys of neglected property, lol, itll be sweet once cleared.

Ill try get some pics tomorrow, if i think about it, lol.

And thats how i spend retirement.

Link Posted: 11/8/2018 7:49:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 7:52:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Which ridge?  Up behind your barn?  That's all rough up in there, we found out the hard way
View Quote
Yip behind the barn, now ya know why it took me hours to go thru a few yards, had to bushwack alot of it.

there was old trail i wanted to open back up, started where old shed was that we tried miserable to knock down with tannerite. Lol
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 7:59:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Buy a dozer.  A local completely cut a new drive on our property in about 12 hours with a small dozer.  He did have to get the excavator to handle a few of the switchbacks.  The hill is steep.  Most of it over 35°.  About 10 switchbacks to go 1200' up the hill.  Having cleared a couple of older logging roads by hand, I couldn't believe how effortlessly, quiclky and how well he did.  He spent the time and planned around taking out any trees over 8".  Its easily wide enough for a truck, but the switchbacks eliminate that possibility.  My 67 year old mother confidently charges up and down it on her quad.  Was easily worth 2x what he charged me.
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 8:05:23 PM EDT
[#4]
The widest spot is 6 feet wide, the narrowest is 3 feet, you have straight drop on one side (70-100 foot drop) and rocks wall on other, a small skid steer MIGHT make it but i wouldnt wanna be liable for it. Id also say the incline aka grade is 45-50 degrees up, it flattens out some but keeps steady incline
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 8:22:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 8:34:23 PM EDT
[#6]
It eventually ties into some nf trail, that my end goal, clear my trail from my gun range , up ridge and work my way back towards nf and connect to their trail. Going the way we did, we had to get up on ridge anyways, so want direct trail, lol
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 7:40:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 7:50:07 PM EDT
[#8]
The start of the old trail , you couldnt even go in 5 feet, lots to clear out

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Cleared it all the way to the top, lol
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 9:30:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 10:18:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Yea, its good now, for a walking trail, would need more wrk to for an atv
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 10:26:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 10:34:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Yea i know, its jus more so i can buzz around all over my property
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top