Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/5/2020 12:04:57 PM EDT
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1817DZyYUJPchR1Q5d8DmboV_0-gqWn6p/view?usp=sharing

Stage being set for a large gathering at a public park downtown Lynchburg.

We will see if the governors men stand with their oath or their boss. Patriots are needed in case they choose the latter, the EO over the plain language of the 1st Amendment.

More info at www.PrayVirginia.org

Email the organizers at [email protected]

Link Posted: 5/5/2020 1:00:25 PM EDT
[#1]
LPD will probably stand with Coonman, the Current city council does.
Though it has been a lonnnnnnnng time since I have had a run in with LPD or surrounding agencies and those were just youthful traffic violations.
I will say that with those youthful traffic violations, the only issue I had was a straight out of bitchville LPD female officer trying to assert her authoratay.
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 1:51:33 PM EDT
[#2]
LPD much like the city itself is very poorly run.  Lots of JBTs....I mean these trigger happy fools shot a dude sleeping on the couch....and even shot each other in another reckless response.  Had a friend get arrested for DUI bc he was naive enough to admit he had 2 beers.  Even though he blew a 0.03 they booked him.  Judge threw out the case once that arrogant badge was forced to show video.  Lynchburg City has an agenda when they hire. Expect they will come for your throats.
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 2:09:44 PM EDT
[#3]
agreed. Its expected.
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 8:22:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By M4rticus:
agreed. Its expected.
View Quote

I'm in the area on rare occasion, but hear a lot about the FD being woefully understaffed, a side walk to nowhere and a city council that totally defied 86% of it's base (2A Sanctuary) .   Seems the city just.wants an agressive PD.....maybe this needs to be Arfcoms next mission?  If I'm in Virginia on this date I will be there!
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 4:31:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Just saw this. If they need security I'm in! (Schedule permitting)
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 4:42:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By bad2006z71:
LPD will probably stand with Coonman, the Current city council does.
Though it has been a lonnnnnnnng time since I have had a run in with LPD or surrounding agencies and those were just youthful traffic violations.
I will say that with those youthful traffic violations, the only issue I had was a straight out of bitchville LPD female officer trying to assert her authoratay.
View Quote

I can tell you exactly where LPD (as an organization) will stand.

They will be told to enforce it. I know for a fact that there are officers in the ranks who will refuse to enforce it, but they will not have the backing of the PD admin.
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 9:32:39 AM EDT
[#7]
We'd love to have ya all. LYPD has been calling around reminding people sharing event flyers on facebook that 10 person maximums apply haha. I have some friends on the force and feel bad putting them in this position, they aren't the ones making those decisions. I am confident in their character though. 3 out of 150?

Ideally we'd love thousands of people dressed in their regular clothes, who can grab a rifle or shotgun from a bag or truck. If the ar15 lobbyday brigade wants to get involved they could have a different role, email me and I'll pass it up the chain, or cut me out of the loop and email the address in the OP.
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 9:09:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Rally/ prayer meeting in Lynchburg Saturday is getting bigger, getting traction with liberty university and some YouTube news personalities. Should be a good show, find out if the police are on the side of the people, or the side of big intrusive government. Would love to see some arfcomers there, or videoing us getting arrested for praying in public.

Only catch is we want the optics to be a peaceful and unarmed group that are getting arrested. If you come, help us out by not wearing kit, rifles, military clothing, or bringing signs. If you are willing to get arrested for your 1A right to assemble and worship, maybe keep your nice ccw elsewhere. You don't want the cops maintaining it for a year.

I am excited about this less aggressive posture. Really puts the city cops in a terrible position.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 3:02:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Looks I can make it.  I want to abide by the "strategy" of social distancing for those more vulnerable, but reject Virginia's terrible mismanagement and partial authoritarian rule in this mess.  There is no capacity on who can be outside, right?

Any AAR for the Amherst County protest that occurred last Saturday?  This may be a story of two law enforcement agencies.  I do expect L-burg to bear down.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 3:58:35 PM EDT
[#10]
That's awesome, look forward to seeing you!  As it's an outdoor park there should be plenty of room to maintain a 6ft space.

I expect a lot of people will be doing the same. I'm planning on bringing a mask in case I end up standing next to someone elderly or scared.

Look for the weirdo with a mustache -> trying to get a good mugshot out of this :)
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 5:07:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Sounds like a great event.

I wish other religious groups would join too.

And visibly join.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 5:52:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By M4rticus:
That's awesome, look forward to seeing you!  As it's an outdoor park there should be plenty of room to maintain a 6ft space.

I expect a lot of people will be doing the same. I'm planning on bringing a mask in case I end up standing next to someone elderly or scared.

Look for the weirdo with a mustache -> trying to get a good mugshot out of this :)
View Quote

Bringing some local single LE chics to deter my arrest and entice you basement dwelling millennials to get off your duff
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 7:49:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Fun Fact: Northam’s in-house “counsel to the governor,” Rita Davis, was a Lynchburg PD officer in the 90s before going to law school.
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 4:40:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Bad news..
( after I turned my beard into sweet mutton chops and moustache to prepare for my coming mug shot...)
An organizer got a call from city parks and rec. She was called by lypd and asked to open up parks and rec special and issue a free permit for the event. Seems like lypd is de-escalating and maybe I won't get arrested :(

Good news is 5 pastors are planning on giving messages and praying, and churches from the are have expressed interest. It might be a plain good time with no conflict to speak of. I should be happier! I can take solace knowing anything can happen, and that we are still directly violating coonmans executive order.

Thanks for the intel and support, and send any and all patriots our way Saturday!
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 10:05:29 PM EDT
[#15]
AAR- calm event, about a hundred people, supposedly lypd was told to stay away from us by a commonwealth attorney? Anyway they (1lt 1 higher) made contact with the event coordinator before we got started,  swapped phone numbers, said call us if you need anything and that was the last we saw of them. Would have loved big numbers but it was a good showing and the speakers gave us some good stuff to think about.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top