Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/19/2021 11:35:28 AM EDT
I wonder where they are now?

17 UNDOCUMENTED ALIENS RELEASED IN ARIZONA AFTER FEDERAL AGENCIES REFUSE DISPOSITION

Incident Status: Inactive
Incident Date:
Friday, April 16, 2021
Department Report Number:
I21020387
Preliminary Information:
In response to media inquiries, the Department is releasing the following statement:

On April 16, 2021 at 0617 hours, an Arizona Department of Public Safety (AZDPS) state trooper initiated a traffic stop on Interstate 10 at Milepost 159 (in the cities of Chandler/Phoenix).

Upon contact with the driver, a United States citizen, the state trooper observed 17 undocumented aliens in the vehicle.  AZDPS requested assistance from Immigration Customs Enforcement and the U.S. Border Patrol to take custody of the undocumented aliens, both agencies declined the request.

Absent response from the agencies with jurisdiction on immigration violations, the state trooper issued the appropriate citations for the traffic violations, impounded the vehicle and was forced to release the subjects.
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 12:20:18 PM EDT
[#1]
It does not make sense with what is going on, yet, with the current administration I guess it makes sense.

I was on the border last Thursday night and all types of law enforcement were out doing something.  I actually only saw four illegals being detained.  These were detained by Border Patrol and NPS LEOs.  However, I did see two different Mustangs that had been pulled over by Border Patrol, DPS, Sheriff's Deputies, and several unmarked vehicles.

At least LEOs are trying to do something.
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 2:35:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Just start shooting them . Stack their bodies along the border.
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 4:28:54 PM EDT
[#3]
When is Doug Doucy gunna do something about it, he’s our governor..u keep saying this administration but we still have a republican gov, blame him too..
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 5:33:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
When is Doug Doucy gunna do something about it, he’s our governor..u keep saying this administration but we still have a republican gov, blame him too..
View Quote

When I say this administration, I mean the xiben administration.

What can the governor do?  If these people are only breaking federal laws and the feds only let them go, what can be done?
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 12:18:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Arizona v. United States, 567 U.S. 387 (2012) was the last court decision based off the old SB1070 law.  The US Sup Crt said, in no uncertain terms, that enforcement of the national borders is a Federal job and the state's LEO's cannot do it.  

On June 25, 2012, the Court struck down three of the four provisions of SB 1070. The majority opinion was written by Justice Kennedy and was joined by Chief Justice Roberts, Justice Ginsburg, Justice Breyer, and Justice Sotomayor.  Justices Scalia, Thomas, and Alito all concurred in part and dissented in part in separate opinions that were joined by no other justice.
Justice Kennedy's majority opinion held that Sections 3, 5(C), and 6 were preempted by federal law.  The three provisions struck down required legal immigrants to carry registration documents at all time, allowed state police to arrest any individual for suspicion of being an illegal immigrant, and made it a crime for an illegal immigrant to search for or hold a job in the state.
All justices agreed to uphold the provision of the law allowing Arizona state police to investigate the immigration status of an individual stopped, detained, or arrested if there is reasonable suspicion that the individual is in the country illegally. However, Justice Kennedy specified in the majority opinion that state police may not detain the individual for a prolonged amount of time for not carrying immigration documents and that cases of racial profiling are allowed to proceed through the courts if such cases happen to arise later

Link Posted: 4/20/2021 12:32:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Been happening for decades.

This will rustle jimmies!

Back when I was a supervisory ICE agent, I informed ever local, county, and state LEO agency to never cut loose any aliens they apprehended, they were advised that my duty station would make every effort to go to them and determine alienage and if found to be illegal we would take custody.
I told them that even if I had to get a set of keys I’d do it myself if we were short.
I sent my agents to Prescott and down to Tucson, in one case less than a mile from the old Border Patrol station because they were to “busy” to respond.

That lasted about 3 months until my OIC told me our station was making the others look bad, and ordered me to not send any agents to assist if it was more than 15 miles from my station.
They even gave me a nice little map with a red circle showing how far my “jurisdiction “ could extend.
One of the few times I ever cussed out a supervisor.

Yeah, I’d be at another station when a call for assist would come in and they’d tell the LEOs that they were unable to respond, all while looking at at least 3 lazy f’ers doing such important work like reading the paper or surfing the net.
Only time half these guys made an effort was when it was a big media hoopla, then it was all hands on deck!

Damn, I’m glad I’m out of that, between the politics and BS, I got damn tired of the games.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 9:54:57 AM EDT
[#7]
This happens all the time, not sure why this made news this time, 15 years ago I saw a camaro with the seats puled out(except drivers) had 11 migrants packed in it spun out on i10 west to us 60 east, dps said it wasn’t their job to enforce immigration drove them off the freeway and let them all go, the driver fled on foot before pd got there
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 11:30:40 AM EDT
[#8]
The article is behind a pay wall so I will quote the whole thing here:

BENSON — Benson Police Officers responded to a call around 9:15 pm Friday involving undocumented immigrants hiding under cars in the Benson High School parking lot, according to Police Chief Paul Moncada.

“Officers found a vehicle with a U.S. citizen and a passenger, along with three UDAs (undocumented aliens) who were detained,” the chief said. “Three other UDAs ran north from the school.”

Benson Police officers and Cochise County Sheriff’s Office deputies searched for the three who fled on foot, but could not find them, Moncada said through an emailed message.

“Border Patrol was contacted regarding the incident, and gave an hour ETA (estimated time of arrival).”

After the hour passed, Border Patrol was recontacted and gave another one-hour ETA, Moncada said.

Benson PD then reached out to a Border Patrol agent who was in the area. The agent contacted a supervisor who advised that Border Patrol would not respond. At that point, all three detained subjects were released, Moncada said.

Parents of a high school student who discovered the undocumented migrants hiding under their son’s truck sent out the following warning on social media.

“Kids, after games, be safe. Watch your surroundings at all times. Illegals are everywhere now. The baseball team is aware of this. Pass the word to softball, track and tennis. Sadly, this is just the beginning of illegals in parking lots, neighborhoods, etc.”

Benson Mayor Joe Konrad also expressed concerns about what he described as "an escalating UDA problem" and its impact on border communities.

“It seems our Border Patrol’s hands are tied,” he said. “Citizens are going to have to be vigilant and take extra precautions to stay safe. People need to call the police when they see something that seems out of place.”

Konrad also noted that police officers are not getting the support they need from federal officials once they determine they have detained migrants who are in the country illegally.

“Police officers are sworn to enforce Arizona law, but have no jurisdiction in immigration matters," he said. "This immigration issue is a huge problem, and it’s only going to get worse if the border crisis continues. It’s very disheartening.”
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 5:34:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
Politicians do not exist to solve problems.  They only appear to try to solve problems, or give an inadequate and temporary solution to a problem, so it continues to be a problem.  The result of this is reelection, more taxes, and less freedom.

Ducey is the king of these things.  Slow, inadequate, temporary, ineffective, etc.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 7:44:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Well today he just declared a state of emergency at our border, sending national guard troops down there.. whether or not anything actually comes about, I’m happy to hear it...
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 8:13:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Just start shooting them . Stack their bodies along the border.
View Quote

This is the correct answer.  The current border wall design could easily incorporate pikes upon which to display the heads.  Then, we build trebuchets to launch the bodies back across.  Problem is solved within 5 business days.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 10:25:33 PM EDT
[#12]
You know, it wasn’t that long ago, under DoJ, the Border Patrol offered an incentive award to local police for every body, much like the DoD had a similar program for awol and deserter capture
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 9:46:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Well considering that right by there at the Holiday Inn Suites at 50th Between Ray and Chandler Blvd us fine taxpayers are paying to have a bunch of the Gila Bend ones stay in that hotel.
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 1:02:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Well considering that right by there at the Holiday Inn Suites at 50th Between Ray and Chandler Blvd us fine taxpayers are paying to have a bunch of the Gila Bend ones stay in that hotel.
View Quote

You're assuming they're still even there and haven't just left.
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 5:47:00 PM EDT
[#15]
They're being sent to red states.

Because election fraud works, but turning red states blue is Plan B.
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 9:34:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Actually I know for a fact that most if not all are still there. Free lodging and food provided by the generous US Taxpayer.
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 10:52:36 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Am I going to have to start musing about those non-working phone numbers at BP again ???    

Jay
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 11:02:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Say it with me:

Asymmetric Warfare.

We are losing the battle on the legal and political fronts.  BUT, the physical world doesn't care about politics or courtrooms.

Why doesn't Ducey just order the DPS to detain and put the asshole aliens in jail?  Make the Feds take them to court, drag it out as long as possible, and then when some shitass commie judge orders the State to release them, "whoops, sorry, we already flew them back to the outskirts of Mexico City, landed at an outlying airpoirt, and kicked them out onto the ramp".

Play ball like the Dems do.

But absent that, how do we fight back?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top