Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Link Posted: 9/25/2021 9:03:26 PM EDT
[#1]
If I don't know many who were granted religious exemptions from IU Health, I'd say that 125 is an embarrassingly low number of non-compliance.  I don't believe that the religious exemptions will be permanent though.  We'll revisit this before too long.  Evil doesn't sleep.
Link Posted: 11/14/2021 3:46:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If I don't know many who were granted religious exemptions from IU Health, I'd say that 125 is an embarrassingly low number of non-compliance.  I don't believe that the religious exemptions will be permanent though.  We'll revisit this before too long.  Evil doesn't sleep.
View Quote

Agreed.

For those who are facing dismissal due to the Federal employee/contractor mandate, I'm curious how many requests for religious exemptions were actually honored so far.  I suspect few if any.  Even a couple of years ago, none of this could have happened and trying it would have resulted in an avalanche of successful lawsuits.  We live in a different world where those who seek to infringe on individual liberty are emboldened by so many forfeiting theirs without even a whimper.

Modern social media tools are impressively effective at brainwashing, influencing, and inducing fear.
Link Posted: 11/14/2021 6:40:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Agreed.

For those who are facing dismissal due to the Federal employee/contractor mandate, I'm curious how many requests for religious exemptions were actually honored so far.  I suspect few if any.  Even a couple of years ago, none of this could have happened and trying it would have resulted in an avalanche of successful lawsuits.  We live in a different world where those who seek to infringe on individual liberty are emboldened by so many forfeiting theirs without even a whimper.

Modern social media tools are impressively effective at brainwashing, influencing, and inducing fear.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed.

A friend who works for DoD tells me that there have been zero approvals for religious exemptions so far.  This same friend tells me that the non-compliance rate is quite high.  Even if only 10% resist, that's ~400k people.  That's a lot of people to fire.
Link Posted: 11/14/2021 11:55:57 PM EDT
[#4]
My cousin (private telecom employer) had her exemption approved.

My dad (he works 1 hr per month for the USDA) is still waiting for his response.

An acquaintance (DOD civ) tells me that they are all still awaiting responses but that approximately 15% of his team of around 50 says they're going to walk, and many of them are those with critical systems knowledge. He said some other teams are facing loss of entire leadership team (task leads, lead engineers, lead contracting reps, etc).

Not unexpected to have blanket disapprovals in the active duty ranks, it's painful but they can overcome it (anthrax vax saw massive exodus which caused mission readiness issues). But those are young people accustomed to taking orders. Blanket disapprovals in the civ components will have massive development and readiness repercussions for decades. The whole point of the civ components is to be able to better manage the retention of key knowledge and expertise. The people holding that knowledge and expertise know they hold the cards against any sane leadership that does not wish for the destruction of our military and possibly our nation. If it's an attempt to gut the military many are willing to walk bc they don't want to play any role in what lies ahead. If it's not an attempt to gut the military they know their job is secure relative to the amount of knowledge and expertise they hold.
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 10:22:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

A friend who works for DoD tells me that there have been zero approvals for religious exemptions so far.  This same friend tells me that the non-compliance rate is quite high.  Even if only 10% resist, that's ~400k people.  That's a lot of people to fire.
View Quote

It's also disappointing to me that no one has successfully challenged this in court and received at least a temporary stay.  That happened really quickly for the second phase of the mandates (for using OSHA as a tool to coerce private employers to violate the rights of their employees).

I admire those who are refusing to comply even though it cost them their jobs.  That's an incredibly high price to pay, regardless of why they refuse to bend the knee to this unbelievable infringement on their rights.  At the same time, I can't fault anyone who weighs the costs and chooses to keep their job.  It's an unprecedented situation for us in what was once the home of the free.  There is no choice with a good outcome for some.
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 10:29:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
My cousin (private telecom employer) had her exemption approved.

My dad (he works 1 hr per month for the USDA) is still waiting for his response.

An acquaintance (DOD civ) tells me that they are all still awaiting responses but that approximately 15% of his team of around 50 says they're going to walk, and many of them are those with critical systems knowledge. He said some other teams are facing loss of entire leadership team (task leads, lead engineers, lead contracting reps, etc).

Not unexpected to have blanket disapprovals in the active duty ranks, it's painful but they can overcome it (anthrax vax saw massive exodus which caused mission readiness issues). But those are young people accustomed to taking orders. Blanket disapprovals in the civ components will have massive development and readiness repercussions for decades. The whole point of the civ components is to be able to better manage the retention of key knowledge and expertise. The people holding that knowledge and expertise know they hold the cards against any sane leadership that does not wish for the destruction of our military and possibly our nation. If it's an attempt to gut the military many are willing to walk bc they don't want to play any role in what lies ahead. If it's not an attempt to gut the military they know their job is secure relative to the amount of knowledge and expertise they hold.
View Quote

That's very good news for your cousin and I hope your dad's request is approved as well.  I'm still shocked that the situation has devolved to this base level where formerly free people have to await what is often an arbitrary and capricious decision to allow them the privilege to retain a tiny bit of their liberty at the whim of those who should have no say whatsoever about any of this.

If we don't stop this BS now, it's not going to get better and it's going to get much, much worse.

I do have to commend those who always seek to control and eliminate individual liberty.  All of this is a brilliant strategy to destroy what we had and rebuild it in their preferred image.  Too many of us underestimated their ability and will to succeed and we are paying the price because we didn't take any of the warning signs seriously for fear of being labeled tinfoil hat wearing nutjobs or more often just plain laziness.

Link Posted: 11/15/2021 1:50:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

It's also disappointing to me that no one has successfully challenged this in court and received at least a temporary stay.  That happened really quickly for the second phase of the mandates (for using OSHA as a tool to coerce private employers to violate the rights of their employees).

I admire those who are refusing to comply even though it cost them their jobs.  That's an incredibly high price to pay, regardless of why they refuse to bend the knee to this unbelievable infringement on their rights.  At the same time, I can't fault anyone who weighs the costs and chooses to keep their job.  It's an unprecedented situation for us in what was once the home of the free.  There is no choice with a good outcome for some.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There are close to a dozen in process, but like you, I wish there would be more.  The DC and FL cases seem promising so far.

Quoted:
That's very good news for your cousin and I hope your dad's request is approved as well.  I'm still shocked that the situation has devolved to this base level where formerly free people have to await what is often an arbitrary and capricious decision to allow them the privilege to retain a tiny bit of their liberty at the whim of those who should have no say whatsoever about any of this.

If we don't stop this BS now, it's not going to get better and it's going to get much, much worse.

I do have to commend those who always seek to control and eliminate individual liberty.  All of this is a brilliant strategy to destroy what we had and rebuild it in their preferred image.  Too many of us underestimated their ability and will to succeed and we are paying the price because we didn't take any of the warning signs seriously for fear of being labeled tinfoil hat wearing nutjobs or more often just plain laziness.

Couldn't agree more.  Whether we identify it as communism, Build Back Better, or Novus Ordo Saeculorum, it's all part of the same diabolical plan.
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 5:08:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

There are close to a dozen in process, but like you, I wish there would be more.  The DC and FL cases seem promising so far.

Couldn't agree more.  Whether we identify it as communism, Build Back Better, or Novus Ordo Saeculorum, it's all part of the same diabolical plan.
View Quote

Amen, my friend.

It must trouble you especially to see where things are going.  I think this is the final reminder I need to never take my freedom for granted.
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 6:40:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Amen, my friend.

It must trouble you especially to see where things are going.  I think this is the final reminder I need to never take my freedom for granted.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Amen, my friend.

My parents are livid.  

For what it's worth, I never doubted the resolve of the evil factions, but I most certainly overestimated the number and resolve of awake patriots.  The most troubling part is how many--many I even considered reasonable and reliable people--are going along with it.  I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 8:46:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

My parents are livid.  

For what it's worth, I never doubted the resolve of the evil factions, but I most certainly overestimated the number and resolve of awake patriots.  The most troubling part is how many--many I even considered reasonable and reliable people--are going along with it.  I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.
View Quote

I can only imagine how your parents feel.  If my father were still with us, he would be outraged as well.

I too am shocked by the number of people who blithely accepted everything they were told by the government-media hybrid as incontrovertible fact without doing any independent research or even asking questions.  The fear campaign was clearly successful beyond the wildest dreams of propaganda artists of the not so distant past.  It's difficult to dispute the efficacy of modern social media as a tool to manipulate and influence.  It's truly unfortunate that such powerful tools are primarily in the hands of very bad people with very bad intentions.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top