Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/25/2022 11:07:16 PM EDT
https://www.foxnews.com/us/alligator-kills-man-myrtle-beach-yacht-club-community

Sad situation, but I would be willing to bet the gator was being fed.  Between that and wetlands being taken over by new developments, it's bound to happen.
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 7:39:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Vague story.  Nothing about the victim.  Wonder if someone was trying to get a selfie with a gator?
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 11:36:49 AM EDT
[#2]
That gator wasn't fed. That is why he grabbed a man. They don't eat every day.

The victim wasn't pestering the Gator. The word I got was he was trying to fix an irrigation system and wasn't aware of the alligator. The area is an old development and wasn't from any recent expansion. They are everywhere. After all it is coastal SC. Don't believe me? Then come golfing.
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 10:45:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That gator wasn't fed. That is why he grabbed a man. They don't eat every day.

The victim wasn't pestering the Gator. The word I got was he was trying to fix an irrigation system and wasn't aware of the alligator. The area is an old development and wasn't from any recent expansion. They are everywhere. After all it is coastal SC. Don't believe me? Then come golfing.
View Quote

Friend represented a guy for a WC case where he was golfing on a company outing and a 12’ gator grabbed him, pulled him in the water and ripped his arm off. To get their point across in court they bought a 12’ stuffed gator and brought it in the courtroom. They won.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 8:02:42 PM EDT
[#4]
FYI. This was the Gator that was on social media last year eating a 6-foot alligator. This dinosaur MF'er had hate in his heart.

https://wpde.com/news/local/massive-murrells-inlet-gator-takes-a-bite-out-of-the-internet-in-viral-video
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 10:07:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Relocate it to South Florida Everglades. Let it wreak havok on the pythons.
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 9:27:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Its brains were relocated by a marksman's bullet. It still had the guy at that point.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 9:03:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Its brains were relocated by a marksman's bullet. It still had the guy at that point.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My sparse information from some African safari books indicates that the larger the crocodile or aligator then the more likely it will consume the upright walking monkeys. So at what size does the DNR relocate or euthanize them?
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 7:24:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

My sparse information from some African safari books indicates that the larger the crocodile or aligator then the more likely it will consume the upright walking monkeys. So at what size does the DNR relocate or euthanize them?
View Quote

I don't have a clue. I remember a 12 footer that was always laying in the road at night. FD used a tower and a 12 ft hook to move him one day. The gator was struck by a car a month later.
Link Posted: 7/3/2022 11:42:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Not to sound hippy....but we're are stacking subdivisions on top of each other....in swamp....and we're surprised this happens?
Link Posted: 7/3/2022 3:10:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Not to sound hippy....but we're are stacking subdivisions on top of each other....in swamp....and we're surprised this happens?
View Quote

Retaining ponds. They are required in all new subdivisions. The gators find them and make them a home. This is an older development from prior to my time.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 12:09:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

20 years ago when Carolina forest was being built out I worked utilities construction in the area, rarely a morning went by without seeing bears walking across the unpaved roads. Now when those same bears are a “nuisance” they relocate them about 20 miles further inland as the crow flies, to near my house lol.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top