Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/2/2018 2:34:45 PM EDT
Guys, who is the candidate to get behind for Secretary of State?  We've got about a month to election, and with six Republicans, one No Party, and just two Democrats in the race, I don't like the odds.

Who do we need to rally for on social media and in conversation to ensure the office isn't occupied by some jackass?
Link Posted: 10/7/2018 10:15:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Tagged.
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 12:31:35 PM EDT
[#2]
How about Julie Stokes? She seems pretty sharp. Can't find any 2A data on any of the republican candidates.
Link Posted: 10/15/2018 2:58:23 PM EDT
[#3]
nvm
Link Posted: 10/30/2018 11:49:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How about Julie Stokes? She seems pretty sharp. Can't find any 2A data on any of the republican candidates.
View Quote
She's also advocating for automatic "opt out" voter registration. Um, no... if you can't be bothered to register, I don't think I want your name on the rolls waiting to be used for fraud.

Think I'm sticking with Ardoin.
Link Posted: 11/5/2018 10:16:07 PM EDT
[#5]
I let the 6th sneak up on me. Now I’m trying to figure out my ballot. Crap.
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 2:22:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Does anyone have a quick run down on who to vote for and what amendments and such?
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 5:47:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Does anyone have a quick run down on who to vote for and what amendments and such?
View Quote
There’s a LA govt website where you can confirm your active registration and get a copy of your ballot. Then you just google candidates and whatnot.
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 3:09:31 PM EDT
[#8]
I am voiting

Rick Edmonds    Secretary of State

Mike Johnson

Congress,  you fokes in the south part of the state might not be voting on this one

1) yes
2) no
3)yes
5) yes
6) yes

and the last one is about Fantasy Sports being legal, and I am going with yes on that one.

@olekennyroy
@alpha8015
@Iwantfullauto
@Bigeasysnow  (good to see you post in the HTF )
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 4:07:01 PM EDT
[#9]
I probably would have voted for Crowe if I hadn't voted early, but here's my picks:

Secretary of State:
Kyle Ardoin

U.S. Representative District 1:
Steve Scalise

School Board District 7:
Shelta Richardson

Amendment 1:  5 Yr Delay for Felons to Hold Office
Yes

Amendment 2:  Unanimous Jury
Yes

Amendment 3:  Allow Donations
Yes

Amendment 4:  Stop Using Road $ for Policing
Yes

Amendment 5:  Tax Exemption for Trusts
Yes

Amendment 6:  Gradual Increases on Property Tax
Yes

Fantasy Sports:
Yes

As far as unanimous juries go, they hand pick the juries, so if the prosecution can't convince all of them, they don't have enough evidence.
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 4:27:27 PM EDT
[#10]
I voted this morning. No R's running in my congressional district, so I went no party there for whatever that's worth.
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 8:55:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I voted this morning. No R's running in my congressional district, so I went no party there for whatever that's worth.
View Quote
That blows.  Which region are you in?  Not asking for details just a general area.
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 9:42:25 AM EDT
[#12]
District 2. I'm not in NO, but I get to vote with them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top