Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/6/2018 2:25:56 PM EDT
Hi everybody. I have to stay in Maryland for a weekend and want to stop at a range in WV one of the days or on the way home.

I have searched and searched and found a million and one results on transportation of HANDGUNS and trasporting guns THROUGH the state, but can't find much on rifles within the state as a non-resident. The only info I can find on long guns is that they are to be unloaded and cased, but no mention of who, what, or why it would/wouldn't be legal.

Do any of the reasons for or limitations of transportation of a handgun apply to rifles or am I good to go? Any issues with the fact that I'll be staying at a hotel? I just want to roll in to the hotel, get my work done over the weekend, and hit the range on the way home.

The rifles in question are a K31 (C&R bolt action) and a modern bolt action with a 10 round detachable mag.
No handguns.

I'm under the impression that I'm good to go, but your laws are whack so I'd rather be safe.
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 12:40:08 AM EDT
[#1]
You are fine.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top