Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/6/2021 10:44:51 PM EDT

https://www.yahoo.com/news/letters-editor-stupidity-ky-gun-132818704.html

‘Stupidity’
A measure that allows concealed carry of firearms without a license became law in Kentucky in 2019. It is hard to believe this kind of stupidity. Shame on the legislator who introduced it, Sen. Brandon Smith. I am a firearms aficionado. I was an expert with a rifle in the Army. I sold guns retail in Houston, Texas. I must have sold thousands of Raven .25 automatics at $50 a pop, sometimes against my advice. And this was when there was at least some measure of sensible gun legislation. It was also a time when a woman came into the store, purchased a Ruger Security-Six, a respectable handgun, and shot herself in the head on the front porch of the store. So it’s the law we must live with. Concerned citizens and especially police need to drill into public awareness. The phrase “within his rights” should be banned from police vocabulary and replaced with “wielding a loaded firearm is the most extraordinary of circumstances.”

Doug Epling, Lexington
Link Posted: 7/6/2021 10:57:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/letters-editor-stupidity-ky-gun-132818704.html

‘Stupidity’
A measure that allows concealed carry of firearms without a license became law in Kentucky in 2019. It is hard to believe this kind of stupidity. Shame on the legislator who introduced it, Sen. Brandon Smith. I am a firearms aficionado. I was an expert with a rifle in the Army. I sold guns retail in Houston, Texas. I must have sold thousands of Raven .25 automatics at $50 a pop, sometimes against my advice. And this was when there was at least some measure of sensible gun legislation. It was also a time when a woman came into the store, purchased a Ruger Security-Six, a respectable handgun, and shot herself in the head on the front porch of the store. So it’s the law we must live with. Concerned citizens and especially police need to drill into public awareness. The phrase “within his rights” should be banned from police vocabulary and replaced with “wielding a loaded firearm is the most extraordinary of circumstances.”

Doug Epling, Lexington
View Quote

I'm not understanding your position. Are you saying the 2019 Kentucky law is stupid? OR rather are you pointing out that someone else was making that argument? Personally I don't think we should have to get a license to have free speech, assemble or exercise any of the other rights outlined in the Bill of Rights. So I don't think we need a license to bear arms. Requiring a license is clearly infringement. Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 8:31:43 AM EDT
[#2]
I am not seeing an opinion from oldman but I can say I think Doug Epling is confused. He obviously thinks it is the role of government to block Darwin from executing his duties.
Sadly this does not surprise me since Doug is a citizen of Lexington.
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 6:17:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I am not seeing an opinion from oldman but I can say I think Doug Epling is confused. He obviously thinks it is the role of government to block Darwin from executing his duties.
Sadly this does not surprise me since Doug is a citizen of Lexington.
View Quote

This guy gets it.
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 11:32:04 PM EDT
[#4]
I think that "stupidity" is more likely the belief that criminals and potential suicides will in any way be affected by the laws that are passed by our government. Those people will do as they please in any case.
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 11:43:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Doug, is a dumbass.
Link Posted: 7/15/2021 3:51:47 PM EDT
[#6]
So, basically, (again) somebody's experience makes them an expert at EVERYTHING even vaguely related to a given subject? STFU, Doug. You come across as a Karen, a busybody AND an anus. (and, unfortunately, like so many of them, FORMER FFL holder/worker, sadly..)
Link Posted: 7/16/2021 1:26:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
So, basically, (again) somebody's experience makes them an expert at EVERYTHING even vaguely related to a given subject? STFU, Doug. You come across as a Karen, a busybody AND an anus. (and, unfortunately, like so many of them, FORMER FFL holder/worker, sadly..)
View Quote

This is, very sadly, not uncommon.    Many FFL holders are NOT gun rights people.    Many will support anything that puts money in their pockets.   That is more like a drug whore than either an old fashion lady of the evening or "professional", both of which would have their limits.   Such is not so much the case of a junkie whore... or FFL sellout.  They will go for anything for another dollar, no matter how many it hurts.     Now, this does not apply to all FFL holders.   There are some on here who are very decent, ethical people.   But, it is not uncommon to find those who support restrictions on transferring firearms and personal sales, as they feel a $15 to $50 transfer fee is going to change their life.   And, many know and do not care the only way it could be meaningful is to have full, federal registration.   Yes, they are out there and not the least bit rare.   When doing business with people, present yourself as an inquisitive but less than full aware buyer.   Ask for guidance and their take on things like eliminating personal transfers especially at gun shows. Just feel them out a bit.   You might be surprised to discover that some of the FFLs out there are not our friends.  

I have been shocked to find just how "whorish" some of these FFLs really are.

Link Posted: 7/16/2021 2:08:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

This is, very sadly, not uncommon.    Many FFL holders are NOT gun rights people.    Many will support anything that puts money in their pockets.   That is more like a drug whore than either an old fashion lady of the evening or "professional", both of which would have their limits.   Such is not so much the case of a junkie whore... or FFL sellout.  They will go for anything for another dollar, no matter how many it hurts.     Now, this does not apply to all FFL holders.   There are some on here who are very decent, ethical people.   But, it is not uncommon to find those who support restrictions on transferring firearms and personal sales, as they feel a $15 to $50 transfer fee is going to change their life.   And, many know and do not care the only way it could be meaningful is to have full, federal registration.   Yes, they are out there and not the least bit rare.   When doing business with people, present yourself as an inquisitive but less than full aware buyer.   Ask for guidance and their take on things like eliminating personal transfers especially at gun shows. Just feel them out a bit.   You might be surprised to discover that some of the FFLs out there are not our friends.  

View Quote

Not all of any group is like that, but you are right and some instructors are the same way. It is amazing how some people can react when their livelihood is involved.
Link Posted: 7/17/2021 11:24:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

I knew people who attended the Big Sandy MG shoot in Arizona, who were hard left on gun control. They figured that everyone should have to have to jump through NFA tier flaming hoops to own a single firearm, of any kind.
Also used to deal with a variety of people in the gun industry who really would be better off selling groceries, considering how much they hated their customers.
Link Posted: 7/17/2021 3:23:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Not all of any group is like that, but you are right and some instructors are the same way. It is amazing how some people can react when their livelihood is involved.
View Quote

Actually, I think many people are that way.   That means they are no better than a junkie whore.    I can honestly say I am not like that.   Yes, it would create a hard ship for me if things changed, but I know some things would be best for the country.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top