Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 4/21/2021 10:36:18 AM EDT
Hey GUYS! I am looking for a few references for private CNA's for In-Home care for an elderly family member. We have exhausted traditional outlets and I thought I would ask people who share a common foundation. Please reply to this post or you can DM me. Thank you for any insight you can provide.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 1:30:24 PM EDT
What county?
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 4:27:04 PM EDT
Cobb/Cherokee- she is located in North Marietta right near Woodstock.
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 2:59:04 PM EDT
I wouldn't recommend Living Angels. We used them for my dad, they were very unreliable and not very helpful when they were there. Several days no one showed up and a few times they just left without notice. There were a few good ones that came through occasionally but for the most part it was a rotating crew of primarily Jamaican CNA's that didn't have a very good command of usable or understandable English.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 3:41:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/4/2021 3:44:15 AM EDT by Southland1]
Been dealing with caregivers for my mother for two years. My advice is do not go through a company, they usually charge at least $18 an hour on the low side and up to $25 plus. The companies then take a cut and pay their workers $8 or $9 dollars and hour which is $6 or $7 after taxes. They could care less about the crappie job and pay and will not show up half the time and the ones that do only last from a few days to a month or two. Pay someone straight cash. We have two that we use, one makes $15 an hour and the other $11, no taxes and no 1099. They show up every day and both do a great job. Another thing I have noticed is the independent caregivers are way more experienced than the ones hired by the companies. Tell people you are looking for a caregiver and get the word out, someone will know somebody in the business.
Top Top