Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/11/2018 7:32:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: d16man]
Gonna Cross Post from this thread I started in the Ham Radio sub-forum.

Here in SC all SCHEART VHF Repeaters are now linked and monitored for traffic in the State EMD HQ.

All bulletins and/or announcements will be posted at the above link.  Local ARES groups are manning shelters throughout the state for those fleeing the storm.

The Statewide UHF PRN DMR system will be held for Command/Control with real-time or tactical reports being sent through the Analog System.

SCHEART Listen Live Link

Horry County SC Live Feeds Link

NC Amateur Radio Repeater Live Links

NC Statewide Listen Live Links

Hurricane Watch Net will activate on Wednesday, September 12 at 11:00 AM EDT – 1500 UTC on 14.325.00 AND 7.268 MHz.

Kinda-Official ARFcom EMCOMM Freq List: Print and Laminate

Lemmie know if I can help, Y'all stay as safe as you can
Link Posted: 9/12/2018 7:47:17 AM EDT
[#1]
from SCARES overnight

Current activation status

SC ARES is fully activated.

SC Emergency Management Division is in OpCon 1.

Ham Aid kits from ARRL HQ have arrived

Operators serving 12 hour shifts at the SC Emergency Management Division and will move to 24-hour coverage on Thursday.

2 Operators have been deployed to Berkeley County, SC to assist with shelter operations at the request of their EC. (**one of these is  a buddy of mine)

Partners receiving active support from Amateur Radio

SC EMD
SC DHEC
NWS Offices CHS, CAE and GSP on standby
County EOCs

Frequencies in use for response (HF and VHF/UHF)

This information can be found in our Tactical guide at www.ares-sc.org. Too many to list.

Evacuation routes have been reversed to support the effort. The storm track keeps changing and trending to the south. We are literally modifying plans on the fly to meet the needs of the mission. Several ARRL Sections have offered assistance. We are still trying to identify our needs. I would like to thank ARRL HQ, NC, GA, MI, FL and IN for offering assistance. Several Nets including HWN have reached out as well. Again, Thanks to all!
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/12/2018 8:10:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/12/2018 9:55:40 AM EDT
[#3]
cool, tnx!
Link Posted: 9/12/2018 9:56:29 AM EDT
[#4]
from SCARES overnight

Current activation status

SC ARES is fully activated.

SC Emergency Management Division is in OpCon 1.

Ham Aid kits from ARRL HQ have arrived

Operators serving 12 hour shifts at the SC Emergency Management Division and will move to 24-hour coverage on Thursday.

2 Operators have been deployed to Berkeley County, SC to assist with shelter operations at the request of their EC. (**one of these is  a buddy of mine)

Partners receiving active support from Amateur Radio

SC EMD
SC DHEC
NWS Offices CHS, CAE and GSP on standby
County EOCs

Frequencies in use for response (HF and VHF/UHF)

This information can be found in our Tactical guide at www.ares-sc.org. Too many to list.

Evacuation routes have been reversed to support the effort. The storm track keeps changing and trending to the south. We are literally modifying plans on the fly to meet the needs of the mission. Several ARRL Sections have offered assistance. We are still trying to identify our needs. I would like to thank ARRL HQ, NC, GA, MI, FL and IN for offering assistance. Several Nets including HWN have reached out as well. Again, Thanks to all!
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/12/2018 7:38:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Don't want to step on your thread I have set up a zello channel

the name is NC Florence and has no password can see my post in NC Hometown Hurricne Florence

as of now there is about 12 ARF members registered on the channel. I think we can handle more but if someone wants to start

SC zello channel be my guest.  We used zello for Irma in FL last year and it was helpful for member to connect if they could help someone

or some one needed help.

To down load the app on smart phone https://zello.com/

Archived FL threads that are helpful

https://www.ar15.com/forums/hometown/Irma-what-were-your-lessons-learned-what-are-you-going-to-do-different-/10-617306/

To all my ARFCOM Brothers PLEASE BE SAFE

https://www.ar15.com/forums/hometown/OFFICIAL-Hurricane-Irma-Check-In/10-617114/
Link Posted: 9/12/2018 9:09:45 PM EDT
[#6]
used Zello back in Matthew, won't work on my 2013 Blackberry :)  But it does work as long as you have network-and it works well if anyone is interested in making it happen I'll put it in the OP

QRV
Link Posted: 9/13/2018 7:53:34 AM EDT
[#7]
I am looking for an arfham that might be able to do a wellness check in person on my elderly parents outside Conway SC if all comms are down and let me know how they are by HF.

If anybody has the ability and is willing to try this after the storm please let me know.

thanks

@Mach
View Quote
from the Ham Radio Subforum Thread
Link Posted: 9/13/2018 8:28:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SCWolverine] [#8]
WR4SC/K4EMD Ham Radio Nets today at 9, 10, 12, 2, ....then every 2 hrs till midnight.

Listen Here:
https://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/28974 Feed Offline?
Link Posted: 9/13/2018 9:54:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By SCWolverine:
WR4SC/K4EMD Ham Radio Nets today at 9, 10, 12, 2, ....then every 2 hrs till midnight.

Listen Here:
https://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/28974 Feed Offline?
View Quote
freqs?
Link Posted: 9/13/2018 10:22:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/13/2018 11:40:33 AM EDT
[#11]
"
Twenty-four coverage at the State EOC radio room begins at 0800 on Thursday September 13, 2018.

At 0900 SCHEART conducts weekly communications check with healthcare facilities. After the healthcare net, the SCHEART VHF/UHF will remain linked for the duration of the storm. Periodic nets to brief field staff and/or confirm stations will happen at four-hour intervals. The first net will be at 10:00AM Thursday.

SCHEART Analog VHF/UHF Scheduled Net Times are:
02:00 AM, 06:00 AM, 10:00 AM, 02:00 PM, 06:00 PM, 10:00 PM

SCHEART DMR system is in emergency mode which restricts PRN talk group to South Carolina and terminates all dynamic talk groups.
ARES and AUXCOMM members are requested to monitor the PRN talk group for coordination information and instructions and keep the analog system open for tactical and emergency traffic.

Statewide Simplex Channel is 146.595 with PL of 156.7 Hz and can be used for relaying traffic to the SEOC.

HF operations will begin at noon on Thursday. HF is a back-up to the statewide VHF/UHF network. The published frequencies for SC ARES nets are 3.990 or 3.995 +/- for nights and 7.232 +/- days bands permitting.

State EOC will monitor the SCHEART repeater networks, Simplex and HF frequencies.
Field operators should follow guidance and frequencies listed in the South Carolina ARES and RACES Auxiliary Communication Tactical Communications Guide which is available for download on the http://ares-sc.org/ website.

All amateur radio operators are encouraged to monitor the SCHEART network for updated information from the State EOC and listen to their county designated repeater for local information and reports .
"
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 3:22:38 PM EDT
[#12]
The state wide communication exercise is going on today. Using not only the SCHeart VHF/UHF analog network but also comms on the DMR network.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top