Site Notices
Posted: 5/31/2020 6:42:11 PM EDT
Anyone hearing anything ?
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 7:37:59 PM EDT
[#1]
KC:

Link Posted: 5/31/2020 8:26:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Glad none of this is taking place out here in the sticks..

Hope all of you in affected areas can stay safe...

Keep prepared, better safe than sorry..
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 8:45:46 PM EDT
[#3]
I just talked to my parents who live in St Peters. So far the BS has stayed across the river in St Louis County.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 8:51:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Watching the news for the first time in a while. KC has put curfews in place for certain areas in town. I'm starting to make note of respirators and bike helmets in the crowd.........
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 10:36:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just talked to my parents who live in St Peters. So far the BS has stayed across the river in St Louis County.
View Quote

We haven't seen or heard anything and we're in St. Louis county.

But I don't watch TV, so I've got that going for me.

Tomorrow is trash pick up day, so if anything 'happens' tonight, wouldn't it be nice if all I / we gotta do is roll the trash to the curb while LEO just smiles and waves ?

I just want to see all this end yesterday without any more strife for the people and LEO can go back to rolling their eyes at all the Karens....
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 10:43:35 PM EDT
[#6]
I've just heard from my sister that the Ferguson walmart has been looted.
Saw pics, but no way to verify it it was in fact that Walmart or another .
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 10:50:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 11:13:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Protests scheduled in Jefferson City, for tomorrow evening.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 11:25:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 11:43:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Also,  just heard from a black girl I went to school with that a group is pressing into the Galleria and talking about looting it.

Link Posted: 5/31/2020 11:49:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Fixed it for you
View Quote

Not in my hood
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 11:57:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Also,  just heard from a black girl I went to school with that a group is pressing into the Galleria and talking about looting it.
View Quote

If they get away with it, then it's obvious the PoPo are doing their part to let it burn...

No excuse for people to get away with this shit, and all the while small business owners are being arrested for trying to open their businesses.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 12:31:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 2:49:28 AM EDT
[#14]
KC has been bad the last few nights. My mobile vehicle gear is extensive since i am a short distance from the nonsense.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 4:32:00 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Glad none of this is taking place out here in the sticks..

Hope all of you in affected areas can stay safe...

Keep prepared, better safe than sorry..
View Quote

I was at the gym yesterday. Normal day there. People having a good time, saying hi to each other etc. Maybe a 15 minute drive to the plaza. I'm definitely keeping my head on a swivel, but you wouldn't know anything that bad was going on.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 9:59:43 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Tomorrow is trash pick up day, so if anything 'happens' tonight, wouldn't it be nice if all I / we gotta do is roll the trash to the curb while LEO just smiles and waves ?

I just want to see all this end yesterday without any more strife for the people and LEO can go back to rolling their eyes at all the Karens....
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is mostly in Down town St Louis and in North St Louis County. Especially around Fergistan.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 10:40:26 AM EDT
[#17]
I heard from one of my employees that lives in Farmington, that there were supposed to be two events there either today or tonight, maybe both.
One on the corner of the road Steak n Shake is on and I thought he said downtown Farmington at the govt building.

Unless they are out of towners or paid activists, i dont expect anything more than some signs, chants and masks by some trendy college age kids trying to be part of something they don't understand...

Link Posted: 6/1/2020 11:03:39 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I heard from one of my employees that lives in Farmington, that there were supposed to be two events there either today or tonight, maybe both.
One on the corner of the road Steak n Shake is on and I thought he said downtown Farmington at the govt building.

Unless they are out of towners or paid activists, i dont expect anything more than some signs, chants and masks by some trendy college age kids trying to be part of something they don't understand...

View Quote

I think you're going to be ok.  If they start tipping over cows...call out the militia.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 11:34:29 AM EDT
[#19]

And I just moved up here. Wife said no to going back to the country.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 12:06:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Looks like carbondale area had problems based on the thread in GD.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 1:42:39 PM EDT
[#21]
O'Fallon MO tonight is right in my backyard.  I have family members working at businesses in that area tonight, I'll be there to ensure they stay safe.  Going to be a long night...
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 2:20:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

What area?
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 11:27:23 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 2:44:33 AM EDT
[#24]
4 St. Louis Police Officers Shot

ETA: video with gunfire in tweet.

Link Posted: 6/2/2020 7:45:10 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
South stl city checkin in, all is fine here. I think yall will be fine in the sticks

Just like Ferguson 2014, there's a couple fires and a couple confrontations that get 24/7 media attention, and suddenly everyone thinks the whole goddamn city is in flames.

Turn off the tv. Relax.
View Quote

Your last sentence is gold.

So far I haven't seen any issues from the rona or a riot.
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 9:02:47 PM EDT
[#26]
My internet and TV have been down since Saturday, ignorance really is bliss.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top