Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/13/2020 9:58:24 AM EDT

...and they're now going to start charging for parking. Park in Home Depot lot across the street.

So I have a dilema: how am I going to crop-dust while wearing a hazmat suit?
Link Posted: 3/14/2020 11:36:26 AM EDT
[#1]
I came here to post if they were even going to have the show at all.
Link Posted: 3/14/2020 4:47:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Evidently they did.

I didn't go.

I'd bet next week's show in Columbia gets canceled. Just a hunch....
Link Posted: 3/15/2020 4:48:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Against my better judgement
And out of boredom an curiosity
And the belief that next week's show in Columbia will be canceled by the city of Columbia
And the need to get out of the house for half a day...

I did park across the street in the almost empty Home Depot parking lot. It's a good thing because it cost TEN DOLLARS to get in and they weren't accepting $1 off coupons probably because admission covered both the gun show and the Palmetto Sportsman show (which in itself was pretty pathetic).

No AC in the venue . AC in the main arena where the Palmetto Sportsmans exhibits were but the gun show was  hot and sweaty. Lovely.

Purchased nothing. The percentage of ancillary vendors selling novelties/Trump stuff probably made in China/Jerky/coins/jewelry/candles/John Birch Society/Miracle Foot Massager/ad nauseum was very high. Upstate Armory from Simpsonville was there but their inventory was extremely sparse.

Reloading components: not much to buy unless you wanted to buy Redeye Reloading's rusty crusty overpriced crap.

The only interesting vendor there was one that had a wide assortment of CAA "roni" thingies and he was drawing quite a crowd. I didn't see the prices.

WARNING: The Florence Civic Center management recently enacted a "clear bags" policy which although not enforced today might be at any future shows so if you go to a Florence show in the future you might want to leave your EDC pack in the trunk.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top