Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/19/2018 8:58:22 PM EDT
Update: Amendment 2 (HFA2) was filed on HB1470. Has been added to the same committee hearing assignment as HFA1. Witness slips are open.  See below.

One gun per month bill (HB1470) amendment (HFA1) has been rescheduled for committee 4/25 and witness slips are needed again.

House Judiciary Criminal Hearing Room 413 - Capitol Building - Springfield, IL
Scheduled Date 4/25/2018 - 4:00 PM
HB1470 (HFA1/HFA2) House Floor Amendments

Track and File House Committee Witness Slips here:
http://my.ilga.gov/Hearing/HearingDetail/15922?HCommittees4/26/2018-page=1&HCommittees4/26/2018-orderBy=&HCommittees4/26/2018-filter=&committeeid=0&chamber=H&nodays=7&_=1524185972066

How to file witness slips:
http://illinoiscarry.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=68611&page=1#entry1144966

HB1470 - Shell Bill - HFA1 Luis Arroyo D CRIMINAL LAW-TECH
NOT a domestic battery bill but a rip and replace shell bill.
Synopsis.
Replaces everything after the enacting clause. Amends the Criminal Code of 2012. Changes references in the statute on unlawful sale of firearms from "sell" or "give" to "transfer". Prohibits multiple sales of handguns within a 30-day period. Creates the offense of unlawful acquisition of handguns. Provides exemptions and affirmative defenses. Penalty is a Class A misdemeanor for a first offense and a Class 4 felony for a second or subsequent offense. Provides that notwithstanding any other rulemaking authority that may exist, neither the Governor nor any agency or agency head under the jurisdiction of the Governor has any authority to make or adopt rules to implement or enforce the provisions of the bill.

HB1470 - Shell Bill - HFA2 Luis Arroyo D CRIMINAL LAW-TECH

House Floor Amendment 2 was filed on HB1470 this afternoon tweaking HFA1:

Replaces everything after the enacting clause. Amends the Criminal Code of 2012. Changes references in the statute on unlawful sale of firearms from "sell" or "give" to "transfer". Prohibits multiple sales of handguns within a 30-day period. Creates the offense of unlawful acquisition of handguns. Provides exemptions and affirmative defenses. Penalty is a Class A misdemeanor for a first offense and a Class 4 felony for a second or subsequent offense. Provides that notwithstanding any other rulemaking authority that may exist, neither the Governor nor any agency or agency head under the jurisdiction of the Governor has any authority to make or adopt rules to implement or enforce the provisions of the bill
Link Posted: 4/19/2018 9:40:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I wasn't paying attention back in '94 - was there this much blatently unconstitutional legislation introduced on a regular basis?
Link Posted: 4/19/2018 9:48:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I wasn't paying attention back in '94 - was there this much blatently unconstitutional legislation introduced on a regular basis?
View Quote
Not that I recall.  My memory is that time was more of a national issue and not so much at the state level.   Now, one goes away and 2 more crazier ones pop up.   Even Todd says this is the worst he has seen in 27 years.
Link Posted: 4/23/2018 5:14:28 PM EDT
[#3]
House Floor Amemdment 2 added to Judiciary hearing.   Witness Slips open for it now.
Link Posted: 4/23/2018 8:40:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
Oh yeah.

Howard Metzenbaum regularly filed a bill to ban all guns in the US House. They were trying all sorts of stuff.

They'll never stop. Freedom isn't free.
Link Posted: 4/25/2018 11:25:27 PM EDT
[#5]
This appears to have not been heard today so expect it will be rescheduled and new witness slips opened up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top