Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 9:36:18 PM EDT
[#1]
You're not a cheap bastard now are you? Cause, if this is a Fast food dinner, there is no way in hell I'm driving up to Albany for it..
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 9:41:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Cheap is my middle name... but I'll find someplace middle-of-the-road that I can eat at...  Atkins seriously limits my choices...  Delmonico's serves a mean 24 ounce steak for $12.95...  Sound good?
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 9:45:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Bullet fires up the turbo diesel!
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 3:43:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 4:38:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Don't move to Clinton County.....

Franklin and Essex county are unrestricted...

Heavy population of college professors and a liberal judge....

I would be interested in hearing how one would get the restrictions removed?

This "don't ask, don't tell" policy sucks! As far as the LEO's are concerned, you have the right to carry in Clinton county, but as far as the judge you can only take to to and from the range or hunting... What happens when a young rookie comes along or someone having a bad day, I loose my rights to carry... To loose for me...

The right strike that.... the practice of having judges having sole discretion on who can and can not carry is bullshit. HOW DOES ONE CORRECT THIS !!!!
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 4:47:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 5:42:00 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The right strike that.... the practice of having judges having sole discretion on who can and can not carry is bullshit. HOW DOES ONE CORRECT THIS !!!!

That would probably require the legislature to amend the Penal Law to change how pistol permits are issued. I'm not too confident that anything good would come of that with downstate's influence in the Assembly, remember they elected a representative who's sole qualification was that her husband was shot.

Don't forget the wife of someone who got their rocks off with an intern and lied about it.
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 5:46:07 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

"How far north do I have to move? I'm already in Rockland!!" Rockland borders Joisey, not Canada!

I honestly don't know how far north you have to go to get a real permit. Usually it's the counties that don't have a big stinky city full of lazy scummy democrats in it that will still obey the law regarding pistol permits, but some rural counties stink also.

Now for you downstate guys who labor under the mistaken impression that Poughkeepsie is "up north" here's a quiz on the counties that make up the other 85% of the state:

www.nysegov.com/map-NY.cfm?gameMode=on

What, Poughkeepsie is not the great white north?  Just kidding.  Actually if it wasn't for the job and the parents, I would have picked up the wife and the kiddies and moved to PA.  Maybe.
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 7:31:44 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

(1)I would be interested in hearing how one would get the restrictions removed?

(2)The right strike that.... the practice of having judges having sole discretion on who can and can not carry is bullshit. HOW DOES ONE CORRECT THIS !!!!

(1) Move to Vermont

(2) A few liberal politicos swinging from trees and lamp posts would be a good start...
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 7:45:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 8:47:32 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

(1)I would be interested in hearing how one would get the restrictions removed?

(2)The right strike that.... the practice of having judges having sole discretion on who can and can not carry is bullshit. HOW DOES ONE CORRECT THIS !!!!

(1) Move to Vermont

(2) A few liberal politicos swinging from trees and lamp posts would be a good start...

A) Tried to move to Vermont but the lawyer fees from the divorce would of forced me to sell all of my firearms....

B) Sounds like a good idea to decorate the lamp posts
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 9:51:01 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Don't forget the wife of someone who got their rocks off with an intern and lied about it.

The embarassing thing is that she carried a lot of upstate also

Link Posted: 7/25/2003 4:03:07 PM EDT
[#13]
I personally believe that you are much better off to have a Judge issue your permit instead of a PD etc.

Dutchess County (65 miles north of NYC) still routinely issues unrestricted permits.

The "licensing officer" is a Judge in the vast majority of counties in NYS. Only a handful of jurisdictions listed below are administered by someone other then a Judge.

assembly.state.ny.us/leg/?cl=82&a=68

10. "Licensing officer" means in the city of New York the police commissioner of that city; in the county of Nassau the commissioner of
police of that county; in the county of Suffolk the sheriff of that county except in the towns of Babylon, Brookhaven, Huntington, Islip and Smithtown, the commissioner of police of that county; for the purposes
of section 400.01 of this chapter the superintendent of state police; and elsewhere in the state a judge or justice of a court of record having his office in the county of issuance.
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 4:44:25 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

edited to add..
oh, I hear you have a 'restricted business carry', terms are a bit different.. but, most still holds true. Read that pamphlet you got with the permit.. :)

No that I have any need to go to Queens, for example, but I don't think I can carry in any of the boroughs, can I?
I can't find my pamphlet, I will try to get another one.
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 4:53:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Your permit is invalid in NYC. Although, you can 'pass' through NYC with it, that's about it. NYC is the only place in NY State that requires you to get their permit. If you have a permit from another countie you apply for a 'Special' permit in NYC that allows you to carry there.
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 5:36:26 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Your permit is invalid in NYC. Although, you can 'pass' through NYC with it, that's about it. NYC is the only place in NY State that requires you to get their permit. If you have a permit from another countie you apply for a 'Special' permit in NYC that allows you to carry there.

When you say NYC you mean all 5 boroughs and not just Manhattan. Right?
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 5:43:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Yes, by the way.. When I say you can pass through NYC with it, that's not carrying it, you have to secure it before entering the city.
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 9:34:08 AM EDT
[#18]
When I lived in Westchester I was issued a restricted permit for "hunting/target" shooting and it was signed by a Judge. Coincidentally, that same Judge - a very nice guy - married, like in officiated, my best friend.
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 6:20:20 PM EDT
[#19]
what ? .. your best friend judge who signed your pistol permit could not get you full carry ? .. sheesh .. what a friend ..
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 6:09:02 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
what ? .. your best friend judge who signed your pistol permit could not get you full carry ? .. sheesh .. what a friend ..

No, heh, I thought I said the same judge that signed my permit was the same judge that officiated the marriage of my best friend.
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 11:43:51 AM EDT
[#21]
I see that I am a little late to this thread, but I just wanted to thank everyone for reinforcing why I truly hate the state of New York.

BuLLet, now that you have called HiramRanger out, why don't you tell everyone what YOU have done for NY state gun owners?
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 4:03:05 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

BuLLet, now that you have called HiramRanger out, why don't you tell everyone what YOU have done for NY state gun owners?

Let's see, I don't claim to have walked the halls of justice and have friends and relatives in the legislator who can make a difference. Only thing I can do is support the NY State groups fighting for our gun rights with membership. And of course using the permit system to it's fullest here and convincing my friends to also participate in the shooting sports and obtain permits and buy firearms! More active people in the world of firearms gives us a greater voice to be heard by the legislator.

Now Diana tell me what you've done!
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 5:45:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Bullet, I'm still waiting for you to come to Albany for that steak dinner.

I have friends that are legislators, no relatives.  I do have relatives who include a state Supreme Court justice, city mayor and county executive.  That count?

I have worked in the state capital for eight years, come on up, I'll show you my resume.  I can back up everything I've said regarding who my family is and who I have worked for.  To my knowledge the only thing you questioned was my claim to have played a role in shaping NY's assault weapons ban.  The role I said I played was pointing out that the original version of the legislation would go far further than anybody had considered when it was drafted and through convincing a couple legislators of this the section of the law defining what was considered an assault weapon was rewritten.

Now, if you took a shitty paying job in the state legislature, followed by a shitty paying job in the executive branch, maybe you would make some contacts as well.  This really wasn't rocket science.  It was reading the text and understanding how punctuation can change the interpretation of what is written and getting somebody to listen.  People are willing to listen because they have respect for your previous dilligence, you know, you're professional reputation.

Anyway Bullet, let me know when you are coming to town for that steak dinner, sounds like it would be an interesting dinner conversation.  Should I make sure that they also have crow on the menu?  You know, in case you got a hankering or something.
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 6:49:11 PM EDT
[#24]
Heh, hey I'm not making grandiose claims here.. and I'll not be eating that black bird! I just asked about what you said you did, that's all. Maybe you did it maybe you didn't, no way in hell for me to know for sure or anyone else for that matter. I'll add this, before laws are enacted there are many, many drafts. No doubt you got your hands on a copy of one, as, I'm sure law makers do discuss them with constituents, colleagues, etc. Whether or not you were the sole individual that 'changed' the face of NY's assault weapon ban as you claim, is another matter. I'm sure there were many groups, individuals, and politicians fighting it besides you. I'd give them some credit for getting it 'more watered' down as well..
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 7:06:09 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Heh, hey I'm not making grandiose claims here.. and I'll not be eating that black bird! I just asked about what you said you did, that's all. Maybe you did it maybe you didn't, no way in hell for me to know for sure or anyone else for that matter. I'll add this, before laws are enacted there are many, many drafts. No doubt you got your hands on a copy of one, as, I'm sure law makers do discuss them with constituents, colleagues, etc. Whether or not you were the sole individual that 'changed' the face of NY's assault weapon ban as you claim, is another matter. I'm sure there were many groups, individuals, and politicians fighting it besides you. I'd give them some credit for getting it 'more watered' down as well..

Absolutely, there were thousands upon thousands of NYers writing letters and making calls and on top of things.  I was in Senator Bruno's office dropping off petitions when one of the secretarys told me the phones were ringing off the hook.  There were two bills from what I recall, I went to a democrat sponsor, because I hate to admit it, the Republicans would not listen.  The democrat told me he didn't realize the true extent of the bill and he would make sure it was changed in the next draft.  Low and behold it was and he later told me he wouldn't have had a clue had I not pointed it out.  That was from a democrat Assemblyman to a Republican staffer.  Take it for what it is worth.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top