Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 4:13:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Confirmed.  Will pick up tomorrow!  
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 4:21:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 4:30:56 PM EDT
[#3]

They listed the felon perp as the owner on the property sheet . . . will be cleared up tomorrow.
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 4:37:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Is there any legal standing for them to keep a gun any longer than they would keep a car or any other item?
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 2:32:26 AM EDT
[#5]
No.  In fact, there are many items they may need to keep for a lot longer than a gun, because the item is needed to prove something crucial to the case.
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 10:20:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Argh!

AAARGH!  
The ATF picked them up opn June 3!

This was after they told me that they would not release them to me without "proof of ownership," which I tried to explain would be impossible. Then they cannot release it.  

Oh, yes, you will, I insisted. I started collecting names, spoke to a supervisor, and then they inform me that they do not have the guns.

They delivered the guns to an ATF agent who showed up on June 3.

This is like a full time job.
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 10:25:33 AM EDT
[#7]
wait.  so yesterday they told you to come get them.  then today they said they sent them to the ATF, the ATF says you can't have them with out proof of ownership, then the ATF says they don't have them?

did I get that right?

dude that sux!
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 3:24:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
wait.  so yesterday they told you to come get them.  then today they said they sent them to the ATF, the ATF says you can't have them with out proof of ownership, then the ATF says they don't have them?

did I get that right?

dude that sux!

No, APD said I needed proof of ownership.  They were trying to get me out the door and delay.  When I started recording names and speaking to supervisors, all of a sudden they revealed that they did not have the guns at all.  The ATF had picked them up a week ago.

I called the ATF agent and faxed him a letter today.

We'll see.

Any police officers want to tell me what is going on with the ATF picking up guns out of Atlanta's property room?  This is a new one on me.  Nobody at the property room in Atlanta could explain it.
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 4:27:10 PM EDT
[#9]
ATF knows that you are Pres of GCO.  They come and taketh away.  Don't let your dog out of sight.  
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 5:03:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Argh!

AAARGH!  
The ATF picked them up opn June 3!

This was after they told me that they would not release them to me without "proof of ownership," which I tried to explain would be impossible. Then they cannot release it.  

Oh, yes, you will, I insisted. I started collecting names, spoke to a supervisor, and then they inform me that they do not have the guns.

They delivered the guns to an ATF agent who showed up on June 3.

This is like a full time job.

And some of us make a living at it!
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 5:52:18 PM EDT
[#11]

Abbott: Goofè Dean. Well, let's see, we have on the bags, Who's on first, What's on second, I Don't Know is on third...

Costello: That's what I want to find out.

Abbott: I say Who's on first, What's on second, I Don't Know's on third.

Costello: Are you the manager?

Abbott: Yes.

Costello: You gonna be the coach too?

Costello: And you don't know the fellows' names?

Abbott: Well I should.

Costello: Well then who's on first?

Costello: I mean the fellow's name.

Abbott: Who.

Costello: The guy on first.

Costello: The first baseman.

Costello: The guy playing...

Abbott: Who is on first!

Costello: I'm asking YOU who's on first.

Abbott: That's the man's name.

Costello: That's who's name?

Costello: Well go ahead and tell me.

Abbott: That's it.

Costello: That's who?

PAUSE

Link Posted: 6/10/2009 7:25:53 PM EDT
[#12]
report them stolen.

Again.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 8:38:16 AM EDT
[#13]
Stupid ATF will not respond.  Called and wrote (fax and regular mail) again today.

Why in the hell does the ATF have them anyway?

"Oh, I do not know, sir, but if the ATF has them, it must be very serious indeed."
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 11:07:25 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Stupid ATF will not respond.  Called and wrote (fax and regular mail) again today.

"Oh, I do not know, sir, but if the ATF has them, it must be very serious indeed."

Sounds just like what I went through to get my .357 back. I had to threaten them with the GA Attorney General to get it back. Come to find out my pistol was at the home of the deputy that took it.

Still have this pisto too.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 12:58:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I'd hire John Monroe!

Mr. John R. Monroe

Phone: 678-362-7650

Email: [email protected]
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 3:33:07 PM EDT
[#16]
What would the ATF except as proof of ownership?

I have a nice little folder with pics and detailed list of Acc.

I have a copy at my house and one at a second non disclosed location.

I don't have many bills of sale, I ditch em so the wife doesn't know how much

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 5:20:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
What would the ATF except as proof of ownership?

I have to get them to respond to me before I can determine that.  They will probably have to go back to the APD, and then I will start this nonsense all over again . . . just because they think they can.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 5:42:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Ed I think they are trying to say.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 7:21:53 AM EDT
[#19]
They are prosecuting the guy federally.

I do not yet know what this will mean for recovering my two guns.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 7:34:03 AM EDT
[#20]
Did you file an insurance claim?  Did insurance pay for them?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 7:36:50 AM EDT
[#21]
I have heard in my area (zone 6) that APD is going to start sending firearms related crimes to the Feds.  Apparently, the court system in ATL cannot keep the criminals off the streets.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 8:30:10 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Did you file an insurance claim?  Did insurance pay for them?

No.  I would have, but they recovered the guns so quickly that I did not have the opportunity to do anything but notify them.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 8:31:22 AM EDT
[#23]
Is that an option?  Just have insurance replace them and be done with it?

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 12:33:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Cannot replace an H&K USP 45 Compact with stainless steel slide.  They stopped making them back in 2001.  Anyway, I am not sure that I could do that, legally or ethically.

I am trying another channel at the ATF right now.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top