Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 5:48:02 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Ok, first off nobody said they have a low opinion of you or anyone in this board for that matter.  We all have a "low" opinion of slob shooters, but the fact is that we seem to be more visible becuase of the size of the group.  Cape is right, we are only there as a group 3 or 4 times a year.  It is a very public place, very open and very accessible.  I say we do as planned, show up, snap a photo, shoot as long as we want, then have a clean up party.  I've got a truck and will volunteer the bed of it for a dump run.

As for convining other shooters to clean up and change thier ways, the only true way to do that is to lead by example.

Ok, first off, the comment made above, "further evidence of your shooting habits and associations" definitely suggests that he has a low opinion of my shooting habits and associates.     Not that I care what he or anyone else might think, but for the record, that's how I read it.  

For some reason, quite a few folks on this board seem to take my comments about messy shooters at the local pits to be a criticism of people on this board.  That has never been the case in this or any thread.  I'm not at all concerned that the ARF.com shoot at Brown's Camp will leave a mess behind, the mess is already there.  I am concerned however that the continued messes at local pits will result in them getting closed to shooting, and that would suck majorly.  

Thanks for volunteering the truck peta.  
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 5:48:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 6:05:53 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Maybe on the 21st we should bring a few rakes in addition to the trash bags.  Maybe someone might even haul in a wheelbarrow (not to shoot mind you, but for hauling bags of trash out of the pit).  

Just my .02

If I make it out I'll bring a shovel, rake, and a wheelbarrow.  Hopefully I won't have to work that
weekend like last time! :-(  

Please don't shoot my wheelbarrow, that would get me in trouble with the little lady. ;-)
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 6:12:48 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Watchdawg, You will see how good a group these guys are at our next shoot.  We may pack in alot of stuff but we always pack out more.  No one here wants to trash out or give shooters a bad name.

Of that I have no doubt.  If I didn't think this was a good group of people I wouldn't bother chiming in on the hometown board.  In fact, I wish I'd know about this board years ago when I first joined ar15.com.

BTW, thanks for posting and suggesting I drop by the PR match.  What a fun time and I didn't even shoot the match!!  
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 6:20:40 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Maybe on the 21st we should bring a few rakes in addition to the trash bags.  Maybe someone might even haul in a wheelbarrow (not to shoot mind you, but for hauling bags of trash out of the pit).  

Just my .02

If I make it out I'll bring a shovel, rake, and a wheelbarrow.  Hopefully I won't have to work that
weekend like last time! :-(  

Please don't shoot my wheelbarrow, that would get me in trouble with the little lady. ;-)

We won't shoot the wheel barrow... but we might shoot the 5 bottles of tannerite underneith it
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 6:23:56 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

We won't shoot the wheel barrow... but we might shoot the 5 bottles of tannerite underneith it

The little lady said that wasn't funny, but I have to disagree!!  Bwahaha!
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 7:54:59 PM EDT
[#7]
I leave trash every where I go.. with the help of WS4LIF!!!!..DON"T LEAVE TRASH IN YOUR CAR AND have a DRUNK MIKE IN YOUR CAR!!... YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 8:39:40 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The little lady said that wasn't funny, but I have to disagree!!  Bwahaha!

Tell her that we would make sure you had your hearing and eye protection on!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top