Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:13:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:36:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Focus, focus people.  hat  

You can pack only so much into one day at a time.  I want to build and this thread is about a "build" party, not the spring shoot.  Am I wrong to point that out?  Shoot me if I am....he
Help me with my disease, I want it all...honest,
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 9:21:48 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Disclaimer:  I am not of my usual self, forgive me for being honest, trust me.

LOL

I agree, it will be too noisy for a build close to the firing.  Everyone will have hearing protection on so it won't work very well if you ask me.  Even if you go a few hundred yards away the 50s and tanerite every now and then would still be hard to talk with out repeating yourself.  I have a hard enough time hearing and I am only 27.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 9:25:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 11:15:49 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Ok so I'll edit my post to read..."That's not a GOOD idea" because of the above reasons mentioned by the posters above who have not been sitting at a mall since 0930 yesterday morning and are of a clearer mind.

if i admitted i loved the mall would guys hate me?

septic tank

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 11:20:16 AM EDT
[#6]
yeah, i dig the idea of building at the shoot, and i have access to a service truck with rear bumper vise, etc.  it could work, however...

with the noise and other distractions my vote is no.  besides, i'm hoping to be immersed in automatic weapons throughout the day...  good suggestion, regardless.  we'll find a time to make it happen.  

i'm having superior build me a .204 upper right now.  i'd have them set me up with the parts so we could build it, but i don't have a .204 go - nogo guage, nor am i buying one.  

we'll find a way.  

the calendar thing is a good idea.  i'm looking forward to the "day" more and more.

thanks,

septic tank

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 2:29:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Well for those that were concerned about time, add in a three hour drive, one way. That is what I have done to make the last two shoots.  Granted I am not too much of a machinegun hog, I have had the chance to sleep with one for 1 yr, and lugged it about for 7 yrs prior to that. Now that I don't get to clean one every month I think I might partake in more trigger time, and I will have a better source of income to support my BRD! Anyway it was just a suggestion, since it is going to be a drive to get involved for me. Two birds, one stone.

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 2:05:05 PM EDT
[#8]
well...

my brother apparently paid way too much in terms of tax this year...  he's getting back a handsome refund as he tells it.  too bad uncle sam had his scratch for nothing all that time...

regardless, he's wanting to build a 20" superior with a quad rail and a few goodies...  i'll know in the next few weeks, but if he follows through with this, then we'll have a bunch of parts to build into a rifle for our build...

i know, i know...  this post is a little premature, but i wanted to share this with the group.  anywho, there you have it.

septic tank

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 2:53:01 PM EDT
[#9]
I plan on inviting myself to your house sometime within the next month or so irregardless of whether a build pans out.  Depending on where this thread is at the time, I may just sit back and watch the two of you figure out how to get it together.

Like I said in an earlier post, I am not pushing a date because I have absolutely nothing to contribute other than moral support.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 3:44:36 PM EDT
[#10]
well if i get me a quad rail in the near future i will be game.  i think i have all the tools needed aside from some go nogo guages.  

Brett
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top