Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 6:32:56 AM EDT
[#1]
    Yeah, what is the set date?  If I can make it, it will be my first visit there.  Of course I don't have any handguards for my AR, the LaRue is still on backorder.  But it would be fun to go out and hang with you guys, maybe see someone shoot some tannerite!  Anyone want to give me some directions, and what time does it start???  Also, is it safe to bring my boys, age 10 and 11?
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 7:34:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 10:37:06 AM EDT
[#3]
you could always shoot the 3 gun match in wilkesboro
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 12:19:54 PM EDT
[#4]
    I've got a birthday party Saturday afternoon (my dad's, last minute thing), maybe I can go the following Sat.  Maybe my ff rail will be here by then.  See you guys the 19th, hopefully.
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 3:24:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Man, hot dogs, tannerite, and AR-15s!!!!!! What a recipe. I got to work nights. I feel an illness coming on!! Doc, I swallowed a green follower, I need a note. Too much CLP in my system. Overload....overload!!!!!

Edited to include......it sux to be me sometimes.
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 3:42:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Well, Ok. I did it.....I've never seen so many rounds in one place in my life. I bought the big "family fun size" box o boo-lits. Supposed to be 1000 of em'. I also bought a scant 100 rounds of 7.62 X 39 for the new SKS. I was running short of cash, so that's all I could muster. I'm glad I got that cambi-magloader for the .223. I guess I'll leave the Colt 1911 Government behind this time, as I got nothing to fire in it. I was counting on my bonus check this week. I found out today that it won't be handed out till next Tuesday. Oh well, I have plenty of fodder for the ar's though
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 5:37:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Dude, bring your 1911.  I'll bring you a couple boxes of PMC 230 grain ball.  Will have plenty of extra 7.62x39 as well.
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 6:17:11 PM EDT
[#8]
techdudenc, you're my sugar-daddy! hehe! Giving me ammo is like hooking a crackwhore up with a rock! I'll let ya shoot a bunch of my .223 ammo in exchange if ya want to. I may be coming down solo this time. My brother has caught the crud-monia and Bobby (my FFL friend) has too much gunsmithing work to catch up on. He said the weather's gonna be wet and cold anyway. I guess I'll have to keep my rifle barrels hot to keep myself warm. Ya'll think the weather's gonna be a spoiler? Hope not. It'd be nice to have some kind of metal swinging target that'd move when you hit it. Maybe next time I can make something like that to bring along with me. I'm gonna try to bump them LAR-15's and see if I can make a joyful noise. Did you ever find the lower receiver you were looking for? Any idea what time you'll probably get to Uwharrie?
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 6:40:06 PM EDT
[#9]
What time is everyone coming?
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 6:57:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Wow, TWC sez the weather will be teh suck on Saturday...  High of 47 and 25mph winds.

Screw it, unless it's really fvcked up, I'll be there.  Just may have to adjust the payload accordingly...
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 8:15:21 PM EDT
[#11]
I will have to sight in my .270 model 70 im picking up too.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 12:55:53 AM EDT
[#12]
I don't hardly come into the HT forum, but I should make it more of a habit. If I didn't have to work Saturday I would come up since I only live about 50 miles from Eldorado. I'll take a raincheck though.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 6:35:37 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
What time is everyone coming?

We'll be there hopefully around 10:00.
I checked the weather this morning and it's looking better by the minute for Saturday!

Link Posted: 3/11/2005 7:50:42 AM EDT
[#14]
I'm gonna try to come if I can scavange some ammo.  Unemployment stinks.  I may come anyway to check the range out.  I've been needing a place to shoot the AR.  The neighbors complain about the noise here. lol
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 10:18:53 AM EDT
[#15]
If my friend doesn't change his mind we plan on camping out there tonight Hopfully
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 8:28:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Late registration.....I hope to arrive around 10 am.......barring any overnight mood changes from my women of the house.....

Link Posted: 3/12/2005 1:44:37 PM EDT
[#17]
I hope you bastages had fun today

I'm going to have fun in the morn.

ETA: I WANT PICS. Especially of you 350 bumping thar FAL
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 2:03:05 PM EDT
[#18]
It was fun today, glad to meet alot of you too!!!!  It was alot of fun, I only shot 100 rounds today.  Too bad 350 couldnt get the beta c to bump fire, that would have the shit there.  Next time we get together, I will need some bump 101 from 350.  That was awesome, on the tannerite, that was the BOMB.  Damn, its way better in person then on film.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 3:04:29 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I hope you bastages had fun today

I'm going to have fun in the morn.

ETA: I WANT PICS. Especially of you 350 bumping thar FAL

I'll get them up ASAP, unless I get drunk waiting on the steaks to marinade...
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 4:00:14 PM EDT
[#20]
350 is the BUMP KING

That was a wild time guys, cant remember everyones name, yet.  Dont forget I was the young guy with the mustang.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 4:04:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Yea that was a good party. Trog has a nice place.

FREE

Quoted:
Nah, Drunk at Trog's was actually in Asheboro...although there were a few Fayetteville residents in attendance, there were also those from Illinois, Georgia, Vermont, etc.

Link Posted: 3/12/2005 4:15:55 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 4:35:07 PM EDT
[#23]

techdude, "Error downloading codec.  Class not registered.  I guess this means I have no class.  I'll try it on a newer box Sunday night.

I will take a look at this on another box as well.  Will let you know.

Now, If you'll pardon me, I'm gonna go crack that bottle I showed to techdude just before we left the parking lot.  If you see a lot of incoherent babble from me tonight, techdude will vouch for me.  There's a reason.

No pardon necessary, dude, I'm way ahead of you.  Stopped and got filet mignon's and a bottle of Crown on the way home.  I'm halfway in the bag already...

Link Posted: 3/12/2005 4:41:32 PM EDT
[#24]
I wanted everyone to know that we had a great time today.
It was nice to meet folks from AR15.com and spend what turned out to be a gorgeous day,  shooting with friends even if I couldn't seem to hit the broad side of a barn today.
Being from the liberal bastian of Charlotte, as you may have figured we don't get to do this as often as we'd like.

Anyway, thanks for the hotdogs and the kickass peppers!
We'll be back out in a couple of weeks (once we've re-upped on ammo) and we're talking about camping
out  this time.
So, weather permitting, WE WILL BE BAAACK!

h.gif
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 4:51:06 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I wanted everyone to know that we had a great time today.
It was nice to meet folks from AR15.com and spend what turned out to be a gorgeous day,  shooting with friends even if I couldn't seem to hit the broad side of a barn today.
Being from the liberal bastian of Charlotte, as you may have figured we don't get to do this as often as we'd like.

Anyway, thanks for the hotdogs and the kickass peppers!
We'll be back out in a couple of weeks (once we've re-upped on ammo) and we're talking about camping
out  this time.
So, weather permitting, WE WILL BE BAAACK!

Glad you all came too, and you thought we was kidding about bringing food.  We will have to try to do this every month or 2.  Once I get into my house, I will be picking up some tannerite for the fun.  Lets start working on another trip.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 4:52:49 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

techdude, "Error downloading codec.  Class not registered.  I guess this means I have no class.  I'll try it on a newer box Sunday night.

I will take a look at this on another box as well.  Will let you know.

Now, If you'll pardon me, I'm gonna go crack that bottle I showed to techdude just before we left the parking lot.  If you see a lot of incoherent babble from me tonight, techdude will vouch for me.  There's a reason.

No pardon necessary, dude, I'm way ahead of you.  Stopped and got filet mignon's and a bottle of Crown on the way home.  I'm halfway in the bag already...

If you would want to send it to me, I could probally find away to host it ore the codecs.  I am a little bit of computer geek.  Once I get my new place, I will be building a server and hosting some vids for us if all possible.  I found a good systed for a lil under 600 bucks, and with a 3meg dsl line, I should be able to host, although my upload is only 256k.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 5:03:36 PM EDT
[#27]

Let's get this party started.  

My pRon for tonite, food is upcoming:

Ready to eat...

Will try to get vids up tonite, but no promises....

Link Posted: 3/12/2005 5:52:26 PM EDT
[#28]
Damn.
Crown and Sauza.
And me with nothing but Beer....
I did find a nice surprise at the amoco Beer cave in Grover...
A 12 pack of 24oz cans of Budlight for 12.99
Yep 24's in a 12 pack. bwahahahah...
350 maynot be the only incoherent one before long.
Techdude,
Those steaks look great.

Hate I missed all the fun today guys,
Hopefully next time.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 6:02:33 PM EDT
[#29]

Techdude,
Those steaks look great.

Well, one of them was off the hook!!!  For some reason, I always cook for two, even if I'm alone.

Hate I missed all the fun today guys,
Hopefully next time.

We missed you, man!  Definitely next time...
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 6:24:01 PM EDT
[#30]
Thanks to all for the hospitality......had a great time and we will have to do it again soon....

Oh yeah......one more thing.........BUMPING FUCK*N ROCKS.....

Link Posted: 3/12/2005 6:36:43 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 6:51:25 PM EDT
[#32]

Don't forget, I was the "closing in on middle age guy" that boils hot dogs, blows shit to smithereens,  and creates bump fire monsters everywhere he goes.

Hey I resemble that remark!  (and I'm older than you)

Seriously, I think we could corner the market selling hot dogs out there on the weekend.  Everybody wanted your "dogs", dude!!!

Hell, Lowes and Home Depot have hotdog stands now, why not at the range?  

And maybe a Tiki bar???

Link Posted: 3/12/2005 7:49:04 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 9:11:07 AM EDT
[#34]
Folks, I had a blast yesterday at Uwharrie yesterday with ya'll. I enjoyed meeting every one of you that I hadn't met already. Threefiftynone, I appreciate your checking out my bad ammo situation. I was really starting to get down about the jamming that was going on. Seems like Murphy's Law was applying to me yesterday with my rifles. I'll buy something different after I get through firing this crap. Thank You for bring your Coleman and cooking the dogs also. Good stuff! I guess I left my onions behind, huh? No problem, enjoy! Techdudenc, as always, your help, advice, and generosity with your boresnake cleaning kit, not to mention your tannerite and expensive .50 Beowulf ammo, were impressive.You KNOW your AR's! You let me fire several rounds the first time we met at Uwharrie, and I noticed you were offering to let someone try that badboy out yesterday too. You and Threefiftynone were busting some wicked bumpfiring session too! To MadMardigan, GIDDS-45, Gotyersix, and all the rest; It was great to meet ya'll and I'm looking forward to the next gathering at Uwharrie. It just kicks ass!
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 10:26:24 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Folks, I had a blast yesterday at Uwharrie yesterday with ya'll. I enjoyed meeting every one of you that I hadn't met already. Threefiftynone, I appreciate your checking out my bad ammo situation. I was really starting to get down about the jamming that was going on. Seems like Murphy's Law was applying to me yesterday with my rifles. I'll buy something different after I get through firing this crap. Thank You for bring your Coleman and cooking the dogs also. Good stuff! I guess I left my onions behind, huh? No problem, enjoy! Techdudenc, as always, your help, advice, and generosity with your boresnake cleaning kit, not to mention your tannerite and expensive .50 Beowulf ammo, were impressive.You KNOW your AR's! You let me fire several rounds the first time we met at Uwharrie, and I noticed you were offering to let someone try that badboy out yesterday too. You and Threefiftynone were busting some wicked bumpfiring session too! To MadMardigan, GIDDS-45, Gotyersix, and all the rest; It was great to meet ya'll and I'm looking forward to the next gathering at Uwharrie. It just kicks ass!

Same here, Gun owners are the folk to hang out with.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 1:50:22 PM EDT
[#36]
Hi my wife and I and my friend had a great time we were the ones who got there around 1pm  after it was all done we camped out just up the road frome the range and I have now just finished cleaning all my guns but still havent put the camping gear up just yet the wife wants to go back camping easter weekendhug.gif
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 10:36:34 PM EDT
[#37]
This is the best place for this post, since it was such a great outing!

<-------- w00t!  

Seriously, it was a great day.  Enjoyed meeting everyone, and I just hope I remember everyone the next time.  Thanks to threefiftynone for the Tannerite display (I should have mine by the next shoot) and the dogs, they were great!  Thanks to everyone that turned out, and hope to see everyone at the next gathering!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top