Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 1:22:24 PM EDT
[#1]
"Somewhere, just now, a tree-hugging liberal just gagged on his Starbucks Frappaccino Latte Mocha Blend, and he didn't even know why."

Link Posted: 2/8/2006 2:12:43 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
So what better way to celebrate Earth Day on the 22nd than by dumping some lead back into Mother Earth from whence it came?  

Somewhere, just now, a tree-hugging liberal just gagged on his Starbucks Frappaccino Latte Mocha Blend, and he didn't even know why.

jiminny, man, im cryin over here  
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 3:30:31 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
So what better way to celebrate Earth Day on the 22nd than by dumping some lead back into Mother Earth from whence it came?  

Somewhere, just now, a tree-hugging liberal just gagged on his Starbucks Frappaccino Latte Mocha Blend, and he didn't even know why.

Link Posted: 2/8/2006 5:31:27 PM EDT
[#4]
crap, I work that weekend.  I'll put in my request now, if that's the date were all agreeing on...?

So april 22nd it is?  
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 6:20:26 PM EDT
[#5]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quoted:
I'm pretty new here and tried searching, but where is Miller's?

I don't even have an AR yet though :(

Bring some rocks.  Wear a black sweathshirt with the words "Tactical Ninja" on the back.  Throw the rocks at the berm.  Someone will take pity and place a weapon in your hands.  Its all good from there.

With god as my witness, I am going to make this next shoot.  Unless there's tornados.  I hate shooting in tornados.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 8:15:24 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quoted:
I'm pretty new here and tried searching, but where is Miller's?

I don't even have an AR yet though :(

Bring some rocks.  Wear a black sweathshirt with the words "Tactical Ninja" on the back.  Throw the rocks at the berm.  Someone will take pity and place a weapon in your hands.  Its all good from there.

With god as my witness, I am going to make this next shoot.  Unless there's tornados.  I hate shooting in tornados.

Link Posted: 2/9/2006 4:53:21 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

[ron white]  Where were you.......... pussy?[/ron white]
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 2:28:29 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Saturday, April 22

There's your date.  

Knob Creek is April 7-9, we have a local shoot on the 30th, and at least one person can't make the 15th.  Although, I like the idea of having a tax protest shoot on April 15th!  That is Easter weekend, which would be bad.  

I dub thee, Arfcom Earth Day Shoot 2006!  

Just got back from work and nearly died laughing...

Unfortunately, that is a date I cannot make.

But there will be more and Bulletfest is coming up soon after...sort of, so I should see a number of you all there...
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:33:39 AM EDT
[#9]
From all the talk I hear about shooting out at Miller's,  and the amount of alcohol that is consumed afterwards, it looks like the bulk of the shooting happens on Saturday.  Why would Easter Sunday be a problem for people staying in town.  It's like going out on the night before Thanksgiving and getting blasted then hanging out with the family the next day hungover.

If it is anything like the gunshows, the bulk of the business happens on Saturday.  

If some people cannot attend both days, shoot Sunday's ammo on Saturday and go crazy (safely).

Since One Shot was elected to hold the next shoot out at Miller's, I say we have it on Saturday the 15th of April.

It doesn't matter what date we pick, there will be people who can't make it.  Some dates better than others, some not.  

For guy's who are like me and go to the shows just about every weekend, a Holiday weekend is just the reason to hold an event like this.  

Please leave you feedback by posting or emailing me.  Hell, call me at the shop if you like.

Chris Roma
One Shot, Inc.
513-233-0885
[email protected]
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:56:16 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm going to be in Pennsylvania an a week-long triut fishing trip beginning either the 13th or 14th, so I'm out either weekend.

But don't let that stop you.

I'll make the next one!
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 12:54:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Heck, that's only a few miles away from me, I'm definitely there.

All I've got are pistols, though....

Anybody know where I can get a DSA Tactical FAL cheap??
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 1:27:02 PM EDT
[#12]
The 15th sounds good to me.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 2:23:39 PM EDT
[#13]
The 15th is even better for me!

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:15:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Just settle on a weekend and I can make it.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:38:33 PM EDT
[#15]
I guess the 15th would work
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 3:41:32 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 6:08:26 AM EDT
[#17]

cool, now I don't have to request time off work!  

AND I may be bringing my new (to me) pistola!

ETA:  ok...WTF.  The banana isnt moving?  Maybe he's dead!    
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 6:53:10 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 8:47:40 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 8:06:33 PM EDT
[#20]
The 15th or the 22nd of April works for me.

So was March totally ruled out? April seems so far away.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 3:50:38 AM EDT
[#21]
april doesn't work for me....
yeah, one of those posts. i have yet to attend a millers shoot, but if I come, i get to skip the initiation, roger?
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 4:04:30 AM EDT
[#22]
January, April, July, and October would work out to a shoot every 3 months. 2 of the months would be the same as Knob Creek. Bulletfest is in June.  
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 8:30:19 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
The 15th or the 22nd of April works for me.

So was March totally ruled out? April seems so far away.

Doesn't have to be.  This shoot is being set up so that OneShotCinci can get a chance to come out and play with us also.

How 'bout a March 11th "Goodbye to Winter" shoot?
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 4:01:00 PM EDT
[#24]
So what is it?? The 15th which is bad for me, or the 22nd, which is good for me? I am so confused ...and what's this about an INITIATION???....I don't drink......or do drugs anymore......
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:06:04 PM EDT
[#25]
i am off on weekends so either is fine for me.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:28:59 PM EDT
[#26]
I'm up or what ever. I'm sure we can come up with an initiation that does not include alcahol, maybe Mr. Softie the safe bayonet cover.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 6:09:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Anyone have have a suppressor for 5,56mm that they could bring ? I would like to hear it. Does One Shot bring toys to shoot ?
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 8:39:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Are most ohioans this indecisive?  Please, Let's make a decision on this.  I as much advance notice as possible if i have any hope of making my first millers shoot.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 12:35:31 PM EDT
[#29]
April 15th is a set date for the next/future Millers shoot.

If anyone wants to meet up March 11 also, I'm game.  There's a Goodman's show that weekend too.

Man there's gonna be a lot of shootin' going on this year

Link Posted: 2/23/2006 1:21:15 PM EDT
[#30]
April 15 will be written on the calender... I'll be there.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 9:59:13 PM EDT
[#31]
I'm in
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 5:41:37 AM EDT
[#32]
April 15th it is then.

After all, what better way to spend tax day?

Link Posted: 2/24/2006 8:56:59 AM EDT
[#33]
Say I don't have a rifle by then - should I just bring various amounts and types of ammo and ask to try out everybody else's?
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 9:26:10 AM EDT
[#34]
Bring ammo for whatever gun you want to shoot.  I will have two aks one 7.62x39 and one .223 you are more then welcome to shoot.  
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 3:22:27 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Say I don't have a rifle by then - should I just bring various amounts and types of ammo and ask to try out everybody else's?

Let us know what you're looking to shoot.  Some folks firearms don't like and/or shouldn't shoot some types of ammo.  You'll be pretty safe with WWB, Remington UMC, Wolf polymer, etc.

As far as caliber's, I'm not even going to try and guess how many will be there
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 3:28:11 PM EDT
[#36]
I won't be there, Will be in Myrtle Beach. Have fun guys/gals.

Scott
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:48:05 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Are most ohioans this indecisive?  Please, Let's make a decision on this.  I as much advance notice as possible if i have any hope of making my first millers shoot.

yeah.....dangit
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:50:34 PM EDT
[#38]
The 15th is no good for me......It's Dad's birthday, and I always go to the cemetary that day.........maybe the next one....
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 8:36:58 PM EDT
[#39]
Guy is this a by invite only or can anyone come. I live about 15 minutes away, I can bring a grill and a few other things if you want.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 8:54:37 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Guy is this a by invite only or can anyone come. I live about 15 minutes away, I can bring a grill and a few other things if you want.

Open to all who want to come.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 11:25:52 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
I won't be there, Will be in Myrtle Beach. Have fun guys/gals.

Scott

I'm sure we will have much more fun than you. That mild climate only works for some people. The rest of us like to freeze our (p*ss, sh*t, f*ck, p*rcupine b*lls) off. Please remind me to bring targets.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 11:34:52 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

You must wear an orange hat to shoot others guns. You must also wear a bright colored ley. Just let me know if you would like to shoot my toys. AR in .223 whatever, Ak in 7.62x39 (non corosive)whatever, Mosin nagant in 7.62x54r whatever. Handguns in 9mm,  .357 mag or .38 spl., .40, 9x18 makarov. All my toys are Semi auto, but you are welcome to get a feel for them, so you can pick your next toy. I have some .22lr as well you do not need to bring ammo for them(It's cheap, just don't be a leach). I also have a pistol gripped 12ga. in case someone hates ones hands.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 4:37:24 AM EDT
[#43]
Hey pudwack if I give you some money can I get about 20 - 25 rounds of 7.62x54r to shoot out of your gun. BTW will there be any full autos there if so what kind Another question will there be any MP5's there. Also what time does this shoot start and end. And what do we shoot at and how far away is the fireing line from the berm (wanting to know if it is even worth while to bring a handgun). Do you all grill out. Never been to a ARF millers shoot out so fill me in on the details guys? Thanks. Also tell me what I should bring with me as well.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 5:44:03 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Hey pudwack if I give you some money can I get about 20 - 25 rounds of 7.62x54r to shoot out of your gun. BTW will there be any full autos there if so what kind Another question will there be any MP5's there. Also what time does this shoot start and end. And what do we shoot at and how far away is the fireing line from the berm (wanting to know if it is even worth while to bring a handgun). Do you all grill out. Never been to a ARF millers shoot out so fill me in on the details guys? Thanks. Also tell me what I should bring with me as well.

There will more than likly be several FA guns there
Maybe
About 10:00 or 11:00
About 100 yards Bring your pistols anyway
Sometimes
Bring anything and everything for having Fun

ETA post 762 and it only took 3 1/2 years to do it
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 7:49:21 AM EDT
[#45]
I will be there on the 15th. Anyone is welcome to shoot anything of mine. I will have an AR, 1911, Browning Hi-Power, Marlin 1894(WWB type commercial ammo is good for all these), M1 Garand(M2 milsurp that is non-corrosive) and Turkish Mauser(Pretty much anything in 8mm).
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:47:27 AM EDT
[#46]
I'm thinking about buying an Eotech this summer, and have a request.  Does anyone have one on a 16" AR carbine that I can try out?  I'm not sure if having the standard front site in view of the optic will bother me or not.  OR if anyone has one extra, could I mount it to my AR to try it out?
THANKS!  

I'll be there the 15th also.      
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 8:25:47 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Anyone have have a suppressor for 5.56mm that they could bring ? I would like to hear it. Does One Shot bring toys to shoot ?

I will have  an  American-Manufacture  Triple-X  WARRIOR,  most everybody there seen/heard it, I'll have it along with  (2) short AR uppers to listen to and form opinion as to sound,  along with the 22-250 bolt gun for listening pleasure also.  Bring ammo.

If it works out, I may have another  upper for the M11 that will accept my AWC Mk9 straight up, along with a bunch of 147gr ammo loaded (bullets due this week).  Bring ammo.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 10:21:28 AM EDT
[#48]
Well, I'll talk to my friend and see if we can affoard to split gas (and pay for ammo!).  We're planning on Knob Creek, but an eight hour drive followed by another six hour drive might be a little much in one month.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 11:26:25 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:28:34 PM EDT
[#50]
I think I am going to have to scratch this shoot. With my current circumstances I cant afford to do this shoot along with Knob Creek. My budday asked if I wanted to go with him and  his father. Whats really kool about goin to Knob Creek for me this year is that my buddys father knows the guy that does the chopper MG shoots. He told my buddys father that he can have a freebie trip in the chooper so I wanna go see this!

So Im sure this will be a fun shoot but its just too close to Knob Creek.
Page / 4
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top