BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/26/2009 5:41:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/26/2009 5:57:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Had a short conversation with Dave Coverdale at the top of the Space Needle.....I had a physical therapist who was Chris Cornell's Godmother...Got to meet Susie and Peter Cornell.....they gave a demo tape of their band.
Talked to Geoff Tate at the Ballard Firehouse during a Robin Trower  show.   Got invited to a record release party for Queensryche Rage for Order album.

Met Scoop Jackson several times......and talk with Dale Pope at least once a week.

forgot...John Force, couple of his daughters...and Eric Medellin
Link Posted: 2/26/2009 6:26:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Charleton Heston (at the WAC) and Ted Nugent signed my 870
Link Posted: 2/26/2009 6:30:48 AM EDT
[#4]
I had breakfast with Michael Landon Jr. Ben Johnson, Richard Roundtree, Dirk Blocker and several other of the cast of Bonanza the Return when they were filming it. I pulled overnight security at one of the sets in the movie.

I also met John Walsh from Americas Most Wanted when he was endorsing the campaign of the Nevada Govenor for the 1994 election.

I met the Bronco's head coach Red Miller and John Elway.

Link Posted: 2/26/2009 7:22:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Good topic....

I've met Norm (George Wendt) from Cheers, Demo Dick Marcinko, Tito Ortiz, Tim Sylvia, Chuck Lidell, Magic Johnson, General Stormin Norman Schwarzkopf, Fmr. Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Colin Powell, Fmr. Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff John Shalikashvili, The Dukes of Hazard to include Enos, Rosco and Boss Hog

There are more.......

It's early.
Link Posted: 2/26/2009 7:23:19 AM EDT
[#6]
I've met a few dozen 'heavy hitters' but they all seemed just like plain ole people to me which I guess is a compliment to them for being real.

The most awe inspiring:

Johnny Bench - He made a surprise guest appearance at a pitch - hit - throw event i was a participant in back in the early / mid 70's. If you were a kid from Ohio, Johnny bench was the closest thing to God you could experience. I'll never forget the absolute humbleness he showed amidst the star struck kids, parents etc etc. A real class act.

The biggest asshole:

Gary Peyton (sp?) - having a hissy fit with the door guy at a club in Scottsdale AZ because he couldn't jump the line and get in for free. My baseball buddies and I laughed at him and his hood-rat buddies as they shuffled off and left.
Link Posted: 2/26/2009 7:52:50 AM EDT
[#7]
I meet 1GUNRUNNER, or it could have been a reflection.
Link Posted: 2/26/2009 8:15:32 AM EDT
[#8]
My mom went to High School with Chris Issac.

Good family friend played studio guitar for Tesla.

Met Gen Tommy Franks when he was cdr of 2ID in Korea.

Went to a Chris Cornell concert, at the Paramount. Sat in the 5th row. The 4 rows in front of me were all of the living members Seattle "grunge" scene. Soundgarden, Perl Jam, Nirvanna, etc. Walked right into Christ Novacelic (sp) in the bar. I then got to go backstage after the show and meet Chris Cornell.

My neighbor was on Extreme Home Makeover.

Met and BSed with Kirby Wilber a few times.

Hung out and drank with the members of the old Andy Savage show at an event in Tacoma once.

I'm sure there are a couple more...but I can't think of them.

ETA: Saw and said "Hi" to Julia Robers in Charleston SC once.  Her ass brushed against my buddies hand.
Link Posted: 2/26/2009 8:28:01 AM EDT
[#9]
My wife, daughter and I got to shake Gerald Ford's hand once.
I got Ted Nugent's autograph at an off road race.
I rode in the same elevator with the actor Hal Linden, He played Barney Miller in the TV show. I've shaken the hands of several b level actors that I can't remember. I've met Arlo Guthrie too.
I've met/seen John Elway several times.
I've shouted obscenities at Al Davis (owns the Raiders) from up close.
I've seen our current SECDEF up close but his security didn't let anyone near the guy.

All in all, pretty unremarkable.
Link Posted: 2/26/2009 9:07:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Brandi Carlile was my second cousin in law thingy.  We all used to play guitars and sing around the bonfire as she was growing up.
Link Posted: 2/26/2009 9:25:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Brandi Carlile was my second cousin in law thingy.  We all used to play guitars and sing around the bonfire as she was growing up.

You fuck her?
Link Posted: 2/26/2009 9:27:45 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You fuck her?

she's one of the 10000000 xwives that has a house...  

Link Posted: 2/26/2009 9:30:30 AM EDT
[#13]
BTW I've also met the Prime Minister of Malaysia (at the time) Mahathir bin Mohamad  (wiki link)

and yes he's an ass hole
met him at an F1 race

Link Posted: 2/26/2009 10:15:14 AM EDT
[#14]
I had martinis with Tony Curtis at the Vangough restraunt at the Belagio in Vegas a couple years ago.  He could barely move under his own power and was married to a 30 something hottie.  He kept having his grand son stick his hand in his pocket and the kid was pulling out 100.00 bills.  a little strange but all in all a nice guy.

I did a vacation to Vegas in 03 for the NASCAR race.  The EX-wife (we were married at the time) had killer seats, 3rd row center for the show "O".  I went to get drinks andwhen i came back these 3 guys were talking to my wife.  Turns out it was the Waltrip brothers and one of the anoucers for NASCAR.  They were pretty cool and kept asking how I got better seats than they did.
Link Posted: 2/26/2009 12:08:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Not personally but my mom has met huey lewis as once every summer he came into the store she works at for I'm guessing ranching supplies
Link Posted: 2/26/2009 1:07:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Working security at a Hilton in San Berdo
C. Everett Koop
Bob Hope
John and June Carter Cash
Bernie Kopel

Dan Fouts - Working crowd control for Chargers
Steve Garvey - I was a kid at a Dodgers game
Dick Cheney - Campaign stop in Everett

At a hotel and a restaurant in BC
Kurt Russell
Goldie Hawn
Link Posted: 2/26/2009 1:09:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Used to work for Bill Gates.
Link Posted: 2/26/2009 1:33:17 PM EDT
[#18]
I forgot.

I spent an afternoon with and had lunch at the home of Ella Tate in UP.

Ella Tate is the mother of Geoff Tates who is the lead singer for 'Queensryche'.

My ex wife knows her personally and they were discussing going into business together or something like that.   I enjoyed a nice lunch and then spent most of the time on the back balcony smoking, reading a book, passing the time and being bored off my ass.

Also spent some other time with her and my ex at other little get-togethers, but being in her home was the most memorable one.

On another note, When working in Bail Bonds, I did a few bails for some folks that, like Scrun, I can't talk about for confidentiality reasons.

Link Posted: 2/26/2009 1:36:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Not much of a story, really, but I once worked security at the front gate of Aaron Spelling's house/ranch/vineyard/whatever not far from Solvang.  Got to "meet" a few people as they arrived.  I don't remember who all showed up (wish I'd kept the guest list now) but a few of the ones I do remember were Jose Ferrer, Kirk and Michael Douglas and James Brolin (this was way before he married the big-nosed cunt).

My mom worked at the telephone switchboard across the street from Howard Hughes' studio and one year he bought each of the women there a box of candy for Valentine's Day.  Nothing in the will, though.

Another time she and a friend were walking home from work and saw Red Skelton walking towards them.  Mom said he looked a little pissed off when they didn't stop and ask for his autograph.

My dad's mom worked at Warner Bros. Studios in the 1940's in the Publicity Stills Dept.  She collected a number of autographs from the stars working there at the time.  Here's a few from her collection, which I have now...

This was her favorite actor.  There are 9 photos of him in the collection, all but 1 is autographed.  This one is my favorite of the bunch.

Link Posted: 2/26/2009 1:39:07 PM EDT
[#20]

Left nut.
Link Posted: 2/26/2009 1:41:13 PM EDT
[#21]
I bought a used ARMS Aimpoint mount from Travis Haley back before he merged SDI with Magpul.

Link Posted: 2/26/2009 1:42:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Up at the Rock Store -
Billy Idol
Jay Leno
Arnold Schwarzenegger
Hulk Hogan
Carlos Cavazo

Hometown
Grew up around the corner from Pat Paulsen.
Buddy Epsen
RIchard Nixon
Rick Derringer

Link Posted: 2/26/2009 1:59:49 PM EDT
[#23]
A few years ago, I made a trip over to Seattle to visit a buddy.  We ended up going out for beers at Joey's.  Ended up running into Warren Moon.  This was literlly like a week after he had gotten a DUI.  Believe it or not, he was actually drinking water...and only water.  We chatted with him for a bit and left him to his young females that he was entertaining.

Then just this last Oct. I was flying home and was waiting at Seatac for our connecting flight to Yakima when I recognized a guy waiting as well, Renato "babalu" Sobral.  I didn't want to say anything so I played it off.  Then when we boarded the plane I ended up sitting next to him.  So I asked him how was life without the UFC.  He laughed and said just fine.  I didn't push the conversation after that.  Come to find out, he was putting on a seminar in Yakima and Ellensburg for all the local MMA fighters.  We just got a Gracie Ibarra instructor that's teaching locally that knew Babalu real well and invited him out.  Pretty cool stuff actually.  Babalu isn't a big guy...just SOLID!!  Not somebody I'd want to be hit by that's for sure.
Link Posted: 2/26/2009 2:02:45 PM EDT
[#24]
David Lassiter, Joseph Gordon Levitt, David Krumholtz and Andrew Keegan

10 Things I Hate About You was filmed at my high school.  I know a lot of the extras in the movie too.

I have a friend whose dad played golf with Alice Cooper, but didn't know who he was.
Link Posted: 2/26/2009 4:09:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Arnold Schwarzenegger once told me and some friends: "In da moovies, I play a maachene, but yoo guys, yoo are macheenes,  yoo are da real Terminators."
Link Posted: 2/26/2009 4:11:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Forgot......I met Joe Foss at the NRA convention in Seattle.  Interesting guy.
Link Posted: 2/26/2009 7:20:38 PM EDT
[#27]
When I was delivering air freight in Montana several years ago I made deliveries to Hank Williams jr, he has/had a big ranch on the Big hole river, I delivered a painting to Steven Segal  to his ranch in Ennis, he was a nice guy we chatted for about 10 minutes.   Evil Knievel was from my home town so I got to see the puke often, and Bill Murry owned the local baseball team and would come into my moms store often during baseball season.  

Link Posted: 2/26/2009 7:27:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 2/26/2009 7:30:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Big hole is one of the more spectacular places I've been through. Up north to Lolo is one of the few places I've been that made me jealous. Great country.

+1
Link Posted: 2/26/2009 7:41:46 PM EDT
[#30]
I'm not sure if he'd count as famous unless you kept up on business people but I've met Rob Ryan and have even set foot on his ranch up on the west side of Hamilton Montana. My friend worked as a ranch hand for him and from what my friend told me he was a pretty decent guy
Link Posted: 2/26/2009 10:03:59 PM EDT
[#31]
Shaun Alexander at the Burien pancake house.

Standing in a line next to Don Garlits at the Mallory trailer at the Northwest Nationals.
Link Posted: 2/26/2009 10:17:23 PM EDT
[#32]
I see the influential, famous, wealthy, on a weakly sometimes daily basis.  Flying in on their privately owned, chartered, fractional shared jets. Gets to be old hat after a while.  I did when I was in the Air Force stationed in Spain get to meet R. Lee Ermey.  A couple of guys ran into him and his agent in Madrid and got him signed onto the base.  We had him in the barracks with us and got him to do some of the Basic Training scene from Full Metal Jacket on us.  We then went to to open ranks club and had a grand time killing brain cells with him.  I got some pics somewhere Ill have to dig 'em up.

Sir James...
Link Posted: 2/27/2009 7:10:04 AM EDT
[#33]
In Stockton California, my grandmother used to take us to the University Of Pacific football games every week. One week, Robert conrad was shooting some sort of "old guy goes back to college to play football" movie and used the UOP stadium and stands for the game part of the movie during halftime.  Later on in the game my grandmother looks to the isle next to her and he's standing there watching the game.

She turns to us, "LOOK, it's SHAWN Conrad!".

I'm not sure he was as impressed as she was.
Link Posted: 2/27/2009 10:20:37 AM EDT
[#34]
John Doe from the punk rock band X and the biggest honor I've ever had was getting to chat with Medal Of Honor  winner Bob Howard.
Eric
Link Posted: 2/27/2009 10:47:41 AM EDT
[#35]
When I was in high school I and a friend of mine got a job for the summer taking care of Kermit Washington's grounds at his estate in Gresham Oregon.

At the time he played for the Portland Trail Blazers. We spent quite a bit of time with him when he was around .

We never did bring up the topic of him damn near knocking Rudy Tomjanovich's face off with that infamous punch.

He was a good dude. Always treated my friend and I like we were part of the family .Had a beautiful wife and some mean ass dobermans.

Below is a You tube video of the punch that changed his life.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgqUZ1IAA_8

Tomjanovich was taken to an ambulance and brought to the hospital, there the X-rays revealed that the posterior portion of his face was way out of alignment. The doctor could easily move around Rudy's upper jaw and his eyes were beginning to swell shut. The doctor asked him if he had a funny taste in his mouth and Rudy responded that he did and it wasn't bloody, but very bitter. Cerebrospinal fluid was leaking out of a skull fracture and into his mouth.

Rudy Tomjanovich was able to go home after staying in the hospital for two weeks and he needed five separate surgeries to repair and reconstruct his face. Kermit Washington was fined $10,000 and suspended for 25 games, which held the record for the longest NBA suspension for almost twenty years. Washington ended up being traded to several different teams over the rest of his career, until finally retiring in 1983. Tomjanovich was able to return to the Rockets the next year, but he was never the same.

Link Posted: 2/27/2009 10:52:18 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 2/27/2009 10:54:25 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 2/27/2009 2:39:37 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 2/27/2009 6:21:54 PM EDT
[#39]
That was a tough story. Wow. That was a really good link and worth watching the other 3.

Uhhhh, Oh yeah, I've met Mr. Carlin from Bob Newhart. Jack Rielly. He was Stu Pickles on the RugRats too. (so as not to let the thread be jacked)
Link Posted: 2/27/2009 6:40:00 PM EDT
[#40]

Dunno how I forgot this....I mowed George Straight's lawn once. This was not real long after "Pure Country" came out in theaters.

My buddy Kyle was from a tiny town called Kicaster TX, near Lk Calaveras in Bexar Co...GS was born in Poteet not far away. He used to tell me some pretty tales about living near San Antone, and of mowing George Straight's lawn when he was in High School.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever Kyle"

4-Day comes around, IIRC Memorial Day, 93' or 94', he says, "Hey man, let's go get drunk and find some wimmin."

I sez- "Ain't got no money"

"How much is no money?"

"About $26."

"OK, I got another $30 or so. We fill the tank in the jeep, get two cases of Coors Light, and we book it to My Grandparents place. I'll take care of the rest."

"Mmmmm. OK."

We flip to see who gets to be the DD, designated drinker, and I win. This means Kyle can only have a beer when we stop for me to piss. (I know, I know...I spent my "yute" fairly recklessly
, and got lucky, alot
)

I pass out cold sometime between San Marcos and New Braunfels....I wake up when the Jeep stops...I'm half asleep, Kyle says, "Hey wake up, we're here man."

I'm looking around, trying to figure out where "here" is...I notice we are at a large wrought iron gate, there's design in the middle of the gate. Cows. Interesting gate, that looks like GS's brand, hmm, lots of Cows...lookit that little guy, he'd be fun to rope...Waitafugginminnit(!)

>Head snaps back to the gate now opening<

––––––––––––>
––––––––––->
––––––––->

I look over at Kyle, who is now grinning like he won Coors Light for a year and 20 minutes in a closet with Shania Twain......

All I get is, "Told ya I used to mow George's lawn."

This Fuxor....His Uncle or Grandfather (I can't recall) managed the ranch. We ended up trimming the front yard, restacking some bales.  Made like $60 each for three hours of nothing really. The best part was sipping lemonade with GS, and getting invited back to do some Team Roping the weekend after next.

The worst part? Was getting alerted Friday morning of the weekend we were supposed to go ropin'.

Link Posted: 2/27/2009 6:48:24 PM EDT
[#41]
Dang this got me thinking, I have ran across a few people.  

Matt45 stopped in last year.

1. Well i guess Lee Ermey counts also, he was sitting behind me at a rodeo, i talked with him after the show.
2. lol when i was young i sold cookies or something like that for a fund raiser to the Mayor twins around the time they made it big in the Olympics.
3. Its a small word when you go to a BBQ and Matt Cameron is there. (drummer for Pearl Jam)
4. When Metallica was doing the Black tour i talk to Jason and Lars after the show.
Link Posted: 2/27/2009 6:58:08 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

(You need to get out more!)
Link Posted: 2/27/2009 7:07:33 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Quoted:

(You need to get out more!)

I hope you don't mind the name dropping.

Link Posted: 2/27/2009 7:12:37 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 2/27/2009 7:44:26 PM EDT
[#45]

Dionysus-Drop away, but in certian circles.....YMMV

In ten years I'll be the one sayin', "You know that high-dollar "Cultura" label they serve in the fancy resturants? Well, lemme tell ya..."

OdT-Yeah, as laid back as anyone I ever met. Nice guy, very genuine.
Link Posted: 2/27/2009 9:35:06 PM EDT
[#46]
Kermit Washington ran/owned a sports bar in Vancouver––maybe he still does––don't know. Seemed like a real nice guy.
Link Posted: 2/27/2009 10:30:46 PM EDT
[#47]
I've been pretty lucky for being a young buck. Went to a taping of Just shoot me, met david spade and the cast. Week later, went a taping of Third Rock from the Sun, and again met the actors. I was a hell of a lot younger then, all I could ask John Lithgow was "Who did they put in the bigfoot suit, and was it really filmed in Seattle?"

I remember the chick who played Sally in the show let a 20 something dude lick whipped cream off her chest, and she autographed his stomach, I was jealous as all hell, but at this point my balls were still dropping. Going to a live shooting of a TV show is a surreal experience, in between takes they have a comedian running around keeping the audience engaged and a bit of it involves the actors.

I remember Nina, from just shoot me, being a lot skinnier than she looked on TV, but I still crushed on her. She sat next to me for awhile and I was terrified. David Spade was nice, and shorter than me at 14-15 YO or so.

I also had the opportunity to work on a show called American Made for MSNBC that ran 6 episodes, as the IT manager. They chronicled some pretty hefty dudes: Hugh Heffner, Red McCombs, Starbucks, Harley, etc etc. Got to rub shoulders with some nice folks, and definitely got to pull out the business cards in bars in Austin (where our video editing studio was.) I hung out and got drunk after hours in one with a band called Theory of a Deadman. Low and behold they became one of my favorite bands.

Fun times.

My dads hilarious. He is vice president for a major cruise line...and couldn't name you a single actor by looking at them. He travels more days out of the year than most people in sales because of the industry...and goes everywhere first class. He lives in LA. Every month he would come back from flying all over the country, and go "Hey do you guys know _____? He was a nice guy!"

Off the top of my head: Alec Baldwin, Steven Seagal, Lou Diamond Phillips, Pierce Brosnan, among a ton others I cant remember. He came home one night and went hey, I told this guy you were into games, and he gave me his card so that you could email him...do you know who he is? It was John Carmack.

He could trump anyone with rubbing shoulders and yet never know it. I don't doubt he has sat next to countless celebrities and never known the difference.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 11:16:24 PM EDT
[#48]
Gene Kranz (along with his wife Marta), Fred Haise, and Cy Leibergot (EECOM) at the Museum of Flight when they were gathered there.  I missed Jim Lovell.

Kranz met my mother several years earlier and remembered exactly when and where he met her.  That's a story itself:  She managed a restaurant in a high-end hotel where he was giving a lecture.  This was just after the Columbia accident and one of the customers was wearing a shirt with pilots wings embroidered on them:
"Excuse me, are you a pilot?"
"Yes, I am."
"I'm trying to learn what happened to the shuttle.  Do you know anything about the space program?"
"We'll as a matter of fact..."
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 12:12:22 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I know a guy who claims he met Ernest Borgnine at a gas station.

That is all.

ETA: Does the Ramster count?

LOL your too funny!  Having working in TV & film, also working in the arts and music... oh and the adult industry... well yes a have meet a few for sure, I think it would take a rather long time to write about it all, ha maybe my next book!!!!!!!!!!!

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top