BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 6:23:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Thurmont?

I'm thinking of submitting a membership to the Thurmont Conservation and Sports Club.

I know one guy who is a member who really likes it.

Anyone have any opinions, good, bad, or other?

I would like to find out as much as I can before submitting the hundreds of $$ im membership and application fees . .
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 8:01:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Couldn't disagree more with the guy who bad mouthed Hap Baker. The RO's (Jim and Bill) are about the nicest most helpful guys that I have evr met at a range. You complain that the wood targets are busted up and then you are piseed that they wouldn't let you fore a weapon that they thought would bust up the wooden targetsheThe boxes are alittle dusty becuase they are one of the few ranges that let you shoot black powder. That necesitates an extra sleeve- for safety reasons.
Sorry that you have to park uphill and walk downhill to the range. We aren't too fancy yuppie out here in Carroll County.
I guess there are 2 draw backs.
1) They are closed Monday and Tuesday for Law Enforcement training
2) It is real busy during hunting season.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top