Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 4:46:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

But I need a count.   Planning on making it.

Looks like 3 in my truck.
Jim has the 20inch Bushmaster GI profile I sold him a few years ago.
Larry has a Stag M4 lefty.
I'll be behind the .30 Browning.
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 4:46:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Here's the count from both pages so far.  This only contains folks that actually said they are coming.  Others feel free to chime in and I'll add you to the list.

Slarti + 8 (Don't know that they'll all eat chili)
Beasley +1
bubbahana
nolan7120
cdemarse
JeepMP
Panther1911
ardave15
woodbutcher223308
geskorup (Possible)
manosteel00 +2
SDPDHunter22-250
npd233
Gone_Fission (Possible)
mikey250r +2
jvanick +2
illini06 (Possible)
pondfly + 1
Additions:
firemed13 +1
hnayl66
Revision
Ghostofhesston
peoplesrepublicofillinois
glefic

I'll be brining one of those 10x10 canopys Woodbutcher so you can setup in the grass under that if you want.

Illini06, they usually get shot up pretty quick...it just depends on when they get there.
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 6:24:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Will be there and maybe wifey, she likes the AK the best!!!
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 6:42:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Here's the count from both pages so far.  This only contains folks that actually said they are coming.  Others feel free to chime in and I'll add you to the list.

Slarti + 8 (Don't know that they'll all eat chili)
Beasley +1
bubbahana
nolan7120
cdemarse
JeepMP
Panther1911
ardave15
woodbutcher223308
geskorup (Possible)
manosteel00
SDPDHunter22-250
npd233
Gone_Fission (Possible)
mikey250r +2
jvanick
illini06 (Possible)
pondfly + 1

I'll be brining one of those 10x10 canopys Woodbuther so you can setup in the grass under that if you want.

Illini06, they usually get shot up pretty quick...it just depends on when they get there.

If you sent me this my Im is taking forever to load,   Thanks for the count.  Hope everyone can make it.
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 6:50:43 PM EDT
[#5]
My Im's don't seem to be working.  I'm gonna go out side for a smoke,    

Someone IM me just for the hell of it.   I'll see if it opens, and I'll get back to ya .  Here or there on the IM .  Thanks
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 7:15:59 PM EDT
[#6]
My IM 's are not opening.   Not out of space.   I'll keep trying.

I have a blue envelope, with a yellow thingie. ?
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 7:29:55 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm planning on being at the range with my step son at 8:30 to setup and sight in a couple of new rifles.  This will be the boy's first time shooting. We'll probably wander over to the pumpkin shoot after the shooting starts. I don't know if we'll stay until lunch 'cuse the wifey will probably want relief from the baby she'll be left with all morning. Looking forward to meeting the locals...
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 8:17:32 PM EDT
[#8]
I'll be there weather pending.
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 10:15:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'll be there weather pending.

Sunday's forecast is high of 55 F and mostly cloudy (or sunny depending on which site you check). Sounds like good shooting weather
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 3:33:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Looks like there is a good chance I'm going to be able to make this one.
What time is everyone planning on getting there?
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 4:09:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Looks like there is a good chance I'm going to be able to make this one.
What time is everyone planning on getting there?

I will probably be there a little before 9 or right at 9.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 6:35:10 AM EDT
[#12]
I'll be there more towards noon with two others.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 6:48:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Alright so what time and where at does everybody want to rally for chili/bs session
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 12:42:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Look for the 10 x 10 canopy and the ARFCOM flags...
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 1:48:26 PM EDT
[#15]
I was at Ottawa today with Smartdrug (can't make tomorrow ) Anywho - was not too muddy, beautiful day and good shooting weather.

Link Posted: 10/31/2009 3:09:22 PM EDT
[#16]
I'll be there with at least 2, maybe 3 additional guys...

I'm also bringing a grill and I'll have some johnsonville beer brats...  I probably should stop by a store someplace and pick up some more based on how many people look to be coming.

-J
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 4:23:55 PM EDT
[#17]
I normally just read and not post but you can count me in to be there
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 4:29:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Look for the 10 x 10 canopy and the ARFCOM flags...

I will bring an ARFCOM flag.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 5:42:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Hot Dog...if everyone shows up, it looks like we got at least 40...That's pretty impressive.

Bubba...That's great!  Beasley and I will both have flags as well.  The more the merrier

Now where did I leave all that confounded ammo....

Anthony...that's great news on the condition of the pit. I called today and they said it would likely still be a little wet, so maybe it has dried out a little.  You'll be missed dude!  I'll dedicated a 4 pack of AK mags to you, Remman, and Marksman14!  

Link Posted: 10/31/2009 6:40:00 PM EDT
[#20]
I've got a 12x12 we can put up if we need it.  Got my nieces and brother and a few more Arfcom lurkers.   Maybe 10.  

Also packed   hot dogs and buns....Will grab a few more in the morning.  Should be set up next to the R.O. shack.  Blue War Wagon with BFL sticker and CY6 sticker.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 7:02:03 PM EDT
[#21]
might be a little iffy for tomorrow.... we shall see
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 7:15:43 PM EDT
[#22]
How MIGHT this effect the range ???

THE FLOOD WARNING CONTINUES FOR
THE ILLINOIS RIVER AT OTTAWA.
* AT 845 PM SATURDAY THE STAGE WAS 464.5 FEET.
* FLOOD STAGE IS 463.0 FEET
* MINOR FLOODING IS OCCURRING AND MINOR FLOODING IS FORECAST.
* IMPACT...AT 465.3 FEET...HUDSON ST AT MARQUETTE FOOTBALL FIELD IS
THREATENED.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 8:19:22 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
How MIGHT this effect the range ???

THE FLOOD WARNING CONTINUES FOR
THE ILLINOIS RIVER AT OTTAWA.
* AT 845 PM SATURDAY THE STAGE WAS 464.5 FEET.
* FLOOD STAGE IS 463.0 FEET
* MINOR FLOODING IS OCCURRING AND MINOR FLOODING IS FORECAST.
* IMPACT...AT 465.3 FEET...HUDSON ST AT MARQUETTE FOOTBALL FIELD IS
THREATENED.

The river flooding won't affect the range conditions at all.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 11:52:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I was at Ottawa today with Smartdrug (can't make tomorrow ) Anywho - was not too muddy, beautiful day and good shooting weather.

Hope to see ya sometime soon.  Or next year.  .  

Take care , man

Link Posted: 10/31/2009 11:56:44 PM EDT
[#25]
I hope I have enough bowls to pass out, my wife picked up a batch of 25, hope I have more in the bunker.   If ya can , bring a bowl or two. Not many stores open on my way to the range.

If anyone has an extra 12Ga. Rem Choke wrench that the dont need , well I could use one. .. I keep loosing mine.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 9:15:55 AM EDT
[#26]
From a field report it sounds like its PACKED there!
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 10:56:29 AM EDT
[#27]
Sorry, for not showing up.  I didn't get back from the haunted house until 0500 and now I'm fighting a migraine. I want to meet up shortly.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 11:48:34 AM EDT
[#28]
Just got home from the shoot lots of fun and it was nice to see alot of you guys.  Hope we can get together again soon.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 1:18:57 PM EDT
[#29]
What a great day for shooting.  Nice to have met you all.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 1:43:44 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Good to see Woodbutcher again. I met Slarti. Brought backup chilli bowls and talked to Ron at the pit. Made me wish for a minute that I still worked there! Great crowd at all the ranges. The Chilli was great!!!
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 2:53:55 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Had a great day - Thanks For The Chili!
I think everyone there today had an AR15 of some sort. Also good to see the K98 Mausers and a few SKSs.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 3:11:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Sounds like it was fun. Too bad I didn't go. I tried all morning to get a hold of my buddy but he never answered. He's in Morris which is on my way to Ottawa and I figured why waste the gas if I'm not gonna pick him up (almost an hour drive for me). I'll see him at work tomorrow and will make sure to give him some shit.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 3:31:30 PM EDT
[#33]
it was FRIGGIN packed, decent weather and NO malfunctions with my AR, 360 rds total and not one issue. I wish I would have upgraded the extractor earlier (o-ring fix).
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 4:33:05 PM EDT
[#34]
Hey all,
It was a great day...lots of fun, food, folks and shooting.  Woodbutcher, Thanks to you for the outstanding chilli!  It was also great to put some faces to names.  Thanks also to Rebel49 for a great day at the range.  Well run and lots of fun.  We should do this again around opening weekend for the range...whatever day that ends up being!
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 4:47:55 PM EDT
[#35]
The chili was awesome.  It was great to meet some of you guys in person.

I wonder if we could figure out how to get them to let us use the aux range sometime so we could have a arfcom-only meet up and shoot some zombies or something.

anyways, I ran through about 600 rds of wolf+remmington in my AR without a single problem...
and the AK ran just as well with about 400rds of wolf with not a problem.

now for the fun chore of cleaning :)

-J
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 5:32:15 PM EDT
[#36]
I made it to the pit around 1:30.  We were shooting towards the end near the clay throwers and ended up next to the guy with the 1919...haha.

Fun times, got to have a lot of fun with my new AK-74 and my AR's ran great.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 5:35:54 PM EDT
[#37]
Woodbutcher that is some awesome chilli. Makes me want to make a batch myself and throw some bacon in there. :)
It was great meeting everyone. Big thanks to Slarti for teaching me how to bump fire the AR. :D
Lots of pumpkin smashing at the range, those who left early missed the all out assault on the piggy!
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 5:39:29 PM EDT
[#38]
A lot of fun, great chili and great to meet new people. Put about 400 rounds thru the SKS, AK-47 and Nagant  revolver.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 6:49:15 PM EDT
[#39]
Sounded like fun, completely forgot about it today and did nothing all day.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 7:15:22 PM EDT
[#40]
It was a great day. Besides me, ardave15, ghostofheston, and peoplesrepublicofIL. we had about 5 more with us.  

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 7:58:27 PM EDT
[#41]
I didn't make it in time for the pumpkin shoot, but I did run into Nolan7120 at the rifle range while sighting in a new rifle and an AR with a new barrel.  The R.O. at the pit (when we moved over there before the range closed) told me it was crazy there earlier. Wish I could have made it.  

Nice meeting you, Nolan.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 9:00:56 PM EDT
[#42]
Made it there around 1pm or so, due to having a late call at work last night. Sorry I missed the chili, one of these days I'll get out there early again.

On a positive note... my home-brewed bore-sighting worked well, and I've finally got my Super Sniper scope sighted in perfectly @ 100 yds.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 7:13:28 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I didn't make it in time for the pumpkin shoot, but I did run into Nolan7120 at the rifle range while sighting in a new rifle and an AR with a new barrel.  The R.O. at the pit (when we moved over there before the range closed) told me it was crazy there earlier. Wish I could have made it.  

Nice meeting you, Nolan.

Good meeting you as well Soku! Very nice rifle you have there Thanks for letting me check out your optic/magnifier combo too!

As far as the pumpkin shoot, I got to the pit maybe around 10:30-11 and holy shit, it was insane. Not a single place to shoot. I had to wait 40 mins until some people left on the far right side (shittiest spot to shoot from). Met a few fellows on the far right who were shooting all sorts of weapons, not sure if they were ARFCOM folks though. I am picking up one of those Mosin's from AIM though after shooting theirs. There should be an ARFCOM get together at Buffalo Range on a less crowded weekend! I'd like to meet some of the members on here, but it's kinda hard when there are so many fucking people everywhere! Good times though! I'm glad I listened to Woodbutchers advice and bought extra shoes (for going into the pit) or my good ones would've gotten ruined...
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 8:36:24 AM EDT
[#44]
I was there, but I was pretty busy keeping an eye on my girls so I didn't get to chat with anyone.  We were about 2/3 the way down the line, they had pink and purple jackets on.  One was shooting an SP1 carbine with a .22 kit, she had a blast with that.  The little one was having fun too, her first time at the range, until she caught a spent casing from big sister's rifle on the neck.  Unfortunatley, I let them talk me into taking a couple pumpkins down, so I'll be spending some time getting that clay/mud stuff off my shoes...
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 12:11:49 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good to see Woodbutcher again. I met Slarti. Brought backup chilli bowls and talked to Ron at the pit. Made me wish for a minute that I still worked there! Great crowd at all the ranges. The Chilli was great!!!

I was running out of chili before my bowls would have been gone.  I have yours for backup for the next one. Thanks again for bringing them.  

Good to see you again.   Looks like I have to back to making full batches.

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 12:56:11 PM EDT
[#46]
There should be an ARFCOM get together at Buffalo Range on a less crowded weekend! I'd like to meet some of the members on here, but it's kinda hard when there are so many fucking people everywhere! Good times though
!

I was set up near the BFL Flag and had a good time.  Some ot the new AR shooters that came with me were a little intimidated by all the shooters.  I spent a lot of time with them making sure that no one did something stupid or dangerous and didn't get to run around and meet everyone. Let's pick a day that doesn't have a packed house and plan a shooting picnic get together...
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 1:10:12 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I made it to the pit around 1:30.  We were shooting towards the end near the clay throwers and ended up next to the guy with the 1919...haha.

I was the guy with the 1919A4.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 2:27:33 PM EDT
[#48]
I forgot I met a World Champ,,,, Bob Hamm.   I had to stop and get smokes, I passed him , he was driving an older RV,  reminded me of The good  ol boys RV , . ....At Bobs Country Bunker.  He had writing on the side.  I told him about the Blues Bros. Said he never seen it.

I asked him when he was getting coffee.   He is a gun twirler. I asked .45's? he said yup.  I said awesome.   I got in my truck, gonna leave, and said screw it.  Walked back in and asked for an autograph.    I got paper and pen from the cashier lady and she gave me a ,,,, I told her he was famous.... ,,,, WTH ,  He looked   at me like , pulled out his wallet, told me it's kinda faded, but he askes my name and wrote on this stuff.  I have a yellow  flier as well that he gave me.    Had Il. plates Very nice guy.

I hope my scanned pics work,  I had too much crap on my mind going out to the range to bring it up.

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 3:56:02 PM EDT
[#49]
It was a blast I enjoyed it and plan to be back next year.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 7:38:42 PM EDT
[#50]
And so...

what caliber/bullet/shotshell made the best per-shot pumpkin puree?

We who stayed home and did yard work not involving pumpkin destruction need to know ;)
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top