User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 6/19/2007 9:04:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Raffle items added to first post !!!
Link Posted: 6/20/2007 12:01:52 PM EDT
[#2]
OK sir,

My-self and two Florida National Guard Troops that just came back from IRAQ will join in on the fun in Homestead...

I'm paying for their range fee's and everything else for these two special folks coming along with me...

Count three in and possible 4 th person...

( Miami02TJ ) ***  What else do you need for support ??? ***

Ryan
Link Posted: 6/21/2007 5:47:44 PM EDT
[#3]
This needs a bump :)
Link Posted: 6/21/2007 6:22:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Miami02TJ, This is for a great cause. I have plans already for that weekend. I would had taken my son, but since this is for such a great cause, I will send you the entry fee for my son and me. Let me know where to send the money. If you want PM me with your adress and I will send you a check. Thanks for organizing this event to help the wounded heroes.
Link Posted: 6/21/2007 6:24:24 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Miami02TJ, This is for a great cause. I have plans already for that weekend. I would had taken my son, but since this is for such a great cause, I will send you the entry fee for my son and me. Let me know where to send the money. If you want PM me with your adress and I will send you a check. Thanks for organizing this event to help the wounded heroes.

Send it straight to the wounded warrior Project ...

https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/index.php?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=247
Link Posted: 6/21/2007 6:32:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Will do. Should I put on the "message" box from AR15.com?
Link Posted: 6/21/2007 6:44:43 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Will do. Should I put on the "message" box from AR15.com?

I dont think it would matter.  i actually talked to them today about it and they really have no preference how we get them the $$$.

Really nice people working there BTW ...
Link Posted: 6/22/2007 3:36:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Done. If my plans change, I will drop by with my new LMT. I need someone to teach me how to use it.
Link Posted: 6/22/2007 7:13:07 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Done. If my plans change, I will drop by with my new LMT. I need someone to teach me how to use it.

I volunteer to help you burn your gas tube :)
Link Posted: 6/22/2007 11:11:06 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/22/2007 1:10:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Many thanks to Brightflashlights for the generous donation.
Link Posted: 6/22/2007 1:21:23 PM EDT
[#12]
BIG UPDATE ON PG1
Link Posted: 6/22/2007 1:59:31 PM EDT
[#13]
DAYUM!!!

Link Posted: 6/22/2007 3:08:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Updated/cleaned the first post ...
Link Posted: 6/22/2007 3:54:10 PM EDT
[#15]
I am currently waiting on replies from other sponsors. Hopefully more goodies are coming......
This is for a good cause & the more people the better.

Link Posted: 6/22/2007 4:18:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Great Organization. Thanks guys. Count me in with a friend.
Link Posted: 6/22/2007 6:06:18 PM EDT
[#17]
I will be there with a Friend.
Link Posted: 6/22/2007 7:24:57 PM EDT
[#18]
I will definitely be able to make it.  My brother and 2 friends will also be coming.

yacataco +3

Can't wait......I've never even SEEN  a full auto rifle shot before.  

I can't say thanks enough for putting this together.  

I'll bring 30 hamburgers and buns as well

I wish I could have made it to the easter shoot, but I had a test that week and couldn't make it.    
Link Posted: 6/22/2007 7:26:08 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I'll bring 30 hamburgers and buns as well

Thank You !!!
Link Posted: 6/22/2007 7:31:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Hmmmm......May need to bring another grill..
Link Posted: 6/23/2007 10:30:06 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Hmmmm......May need to bring another grill..

as long as I know ahead of time, i can bring mine with me.
Link Posted: 6/23/2007 3:40:02 PM EDT
[#22]
I can't believe I didn't look for this thread sooner, sorry Omi.   I'll definitely be there.

What do you still need, just ice?  I could provide electrical, lighting, generator,  fans, etc. if needed.......sorry, no bullhorn.

I also have a 32" Viewsonic LCD TV that is ready for some bullets and/or tanerite.

BTW, How much will the raffle tickets be selling for?
Link Posted: 6/23/2007 4:00:00 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I can't believe I didn't look for this thread sooner, sorry Omi.   I'll definitely be there.

What do you still need, just ice?  I could provide electrical, lighting, generator,  fans, etc. if needed.......sorry, no bullhorn.

I also have a 32" Viewsonic LCD TV that is ready for some bullets and/or tanerite.

BTW, How much will the raffle tickets be selling for?

If you can bring Ice that would be great.  Maybe some BBQ sauce.

Im also in need of some big coolers.  Anyone have some?  I have two smaller ones I will bring.
Link Posted: 6/23/2007 6:16:27 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Im also in need of some big coolers.  Anyone have some?  I have two smaller ones I will bring.

I will do ice.  I have some coolers, but I'll also look into coolers and possibility of "Mamoth Grill" and/or Concession Trailer from 1st National Bank of South Florida.....although it is July 4th.

www.1stnatbank.com/community/
Link Posted: 6/23/2007 6:19:39 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I will do ice.  I have some coolers, but I'll also look into coolers and possibility of "Mamoth Grill" and/or Concession Trailer from 1st National Bank of South Florida.....although it is July 4th.

www.1stnatbank.com/community/

That would be awesome !!  Let me know Monday if you have any luck ...
Link Posted: 6/24/2007 4:54:30 AM EDT
[#26]
You know what....screw my prior commitment. I'm going. This is to good to pass up and the cause is greater. Count me in with around 5 extra people. I will go to BJ to see what I can dig up
Link Posted: 6/24/2007 5:30:46 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
You know what....screw my prior commitment. I'm going. This is to good to pass up and the cause is greater. Count me in with around 5 extra people. I will go to BJ to see what I can dig up

Your the man -- THX !!!
Link Posted: 6/24/2007 7:43:24 AM EDT
[#28]
I got 60 Hot dogs, 30 burgers, A pack of 96 kraft cheese singles( to make Cheese burgers), a party pack that include 2 bottles of kepchup, 1 bottle of mustard and 1 bottle of relish. I didn't buy any bread, since still 7 days away and I don't want the bread to get old. If no one offer to buy the bread, I'll get it, no sweat. I'll be bringing a cooler with some ice. I'll be bringing my new AR to get some lessons from you guys
Link Posted: 6/24/2007 7:55:41 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
I got 60 Hot dogs, 30 burgers, A pack of 96 kraft cheese singles( to make Cheese burgers), a party pack that include 2 bottles of kepchup, 1 bottle of mustard and 1 bottle of relish. I didn't buy any bread, since still 7 days away and I don't want the bread to get old. If no one offer to buy the bread, I'll get it, no sweat. I'll be bringing a cooler with some ice. I'll be bringing my new AR to get some lessons from you guys

AWESOME TY !!!
Link Posted: 6/24/2007 8:16:54 AM EDT
[#30]
Alright here is my list ...

Im getting name tags, liability waivers, raffle tickets, targets, tannerite, and tons of ice and water.

I still need to get a hold of a bull horn and several really large coolers.

The 3 people that offered to help being RO's  Here is my plan ... We currently have 4 RO's including me.  Id like to get one more person to help being an RO just in case.  Volunteers?

One RO at the line at all times.  One at the gate collecting $$$ and giving forms/rules/name tags.  one running the shoot/drill/etc.  Two enjoying the event.  My wife is going to be helping at the gate.

The idea is to rotate so 2 RO's are on break and gets to enjoy the event.

Sounds good guys?  Lets get some ideas opinions on this plan?  Remember this is going to be a pretty big event and we don't know the skills/background and safety levels of all the participants.

Since the event starts at 11am do you think I can get all the RO's to be there at 10:00 am to setup?
Link Posted: 6/24/2007 8:35:08 AM EDT
[#31]
We were going to try and get there early to help set up, maybe around 9 am??
Link Posted: 6/24/2007 9:02:21 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
We were going to try and get there early to help set up, maybe around 9 am??

I was not thinking it would take that long.  but you are probably right.  9:30 I think would be better to setup.
Link Posted: 6/24/2007 9:05:40 AM EDT
[#33]
I have the current liability and rules documents ready to go.  What do you guys think?

Liability Waiver

Rules

The liability may change since we are hoping to get a more specific one form an attorney.
Link Posted: 6/24/2007 10:41:27 AM EDT
[#34]
You can count me in for RO. I never don't it but can't be that dificult.
Link Posted: 6/24/2007 10:55:54 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
I have the current liability and rules documents ready to go.  What do you guys think?

Liability Waiver

Rules

The liability may change since we are hoping to get a more specific one form an attorney.

If I wanted to put up with baby sitter shit like that, I'd go to Trail Glades. I'll just set up my own shoots at Henry's. Last time rules were added it was an annoyance, now theres liability waivers and name tags? What's next, holding hands on the firing line?

No offense TJ, nothing personal against you but that shit is lame.
Link Posted: 6/24/2007 11:00:12 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Liability Waiver

Rules

If I wanted to put up with baby sitter shit like that, I'd go to Trail Glades. I'll just set up my own shoots at Henry's. Last time rules were added it was an annoyance, now theres liability waivers and name tags? What's next, holding hands on the firing line?

Is this coming from the guy who refuses to wear eyes and ears?  Seriously, if you don't like the rules just don't come.  

ETA:  Name tags were recommendations from the last shoot.  This is not going to be a small event and the supports want to CYA.  Cant blame them in todays world.
Link Posted: 6/24/2007 11:02:17 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Liability Waiver

Rules

Is this coming from the guy who refuses to wear eyes and ears?  Seriously, if you don't like the rules just don't come.

I wear ears, just not eyes and I don't plan on going, any more.

Like I said, not that I have anything personal with you but one of the last fun spots we have down here in SoFL, has turned into Markham Park.

If someone can legally buy a firearm, then you don't need to hold their hand dude.

Either way, enjoy the shoot.
Link Posted: 6/24/2007 11:09:02 AM EDT
[#38]
Yea you wear ears -- what were they .45 or 9mm rounds you put in your ears the last time?

I also don't have a problem with you man but you are not going to find many people who agree with you on this one.

I normally would not do a waiver -- but this event is different.  The rest of the rules are what you would find on every range and every event.  Even if they were not my rules, The range has mandatory eyes/ears policy.
Link Posted: 6/24/2007 11:11:11 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Yea you wear ears -- what were they .45 or 9mm rounds you put in your ears the last time?

I also don't have a problem with you man but you are not going to find many people who agree with you on this one.

I normally would not do a waiver -- but this event is different.  The rest of the rules are what you would find on every range and every event.  Even if they were not my rules, The range has mandatory eyes/ears policy.

Nah, whatever not trying to turn this thread into a cry fest.

Enjoy your shoot fellas, take some pictures.
Link Posted: 6/24/2007 12:44:11 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
You can count me in for RO. I never don't it but can't be that dificult.

TY ...
Link Posted: 6/24/2007 12:53:52 PM EDT
[#41]
if i dont have to work im in and ill try to bring 3 buddy with me !!!
Link Posted: 6/24/2007 1:57:10 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Liability Waiver

Rules

Good move...

Safety in mind is a + 10000000000...

I want to enjoy the shoot safetly with my two guests that just came back from IRAQ...
Link Posted: 6/24/2007 4:33:29 PM EDT
[#43]
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:

Liability Waiver

Rules

Good move...

Safety in mind is a + 10000000000...

I want to enjoy the shoot safetly with my two guests that just came back from IRAQ...

Agree. Safety before fun. Some times, some of the people that comes to this events are first timers and don't have firearms common sense.
Link Posted: 6/24/2007 4:51:39 PM EDT
[#44]
One quick question, what about targets?? Do we need to bring our own? Are they available over there?
Link Posted: 6/24/2007 4:55:27 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
One quick question, what about targets?? Do we need to bring our own? Are they available over there?

Bring as many targets as you can.  i will be providing some for the competitions but you still need some for your targets ...
Link Posted: 6/25/2007 7:04:36 AM EDT
[#46]
I'm thinking of bidding on this and bringing it as a target.  The problem will be that no one will listen to the "hold your fire" commands...

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r254/tongodix/jarjar1mini.jpg

Life Sized Jar-Jar Binks Auction
Link Posted: 6/25/2007 7:09:17 AM EDT
[#47]
It's all i can do not to shoot my monitor right now!
Link Posted: 6/25/2007 7:22:10 AM EDT
[#48]
I will bring 60 hot dog buns, a medium size cooler and ice for it.

I want to bring a poster of D Fienstein and Hillary kissing each other but I dont think I will have time to lay it out and bring it to get printed.
Link Posted: 6/25/2007 9:07:27 AM EDT
[#49]
ATTENTION ANYONE BRINGING FOOD/DRINKS/ETC -- PLEASE CONFIRM BELOW:

MiamiAir -- The napkins/cups/plates you said you were going to bring.  Can you bring for about 75 people?  You also offered Soda.  Can you bring about 36 Sodas?

Talon-IV -- You offered hot dogs/sausages.  Instead of hot dogs, can you just bring the Sausages and Buns for them?  What Qty can you bring?

MacDude -- You offered drinks/hot dogs/ice.  Can you bring 30 burger buns instead of the hot dogs and still bring ICE and get some Gatorade?  How many Gatorade's can you bring?

YacoTaco -- You offered 30 Burgers and Buns for the burgers.  Your Good-2-Go.

Staubininc -- You offered to bring some coolers and Ice.  Your Good-2-Go.

fsk1290 -- Can you bring those pop-up canopies you offered?

luscioman -- -- Can you bring 60 Hot Dog Buns you offered and the Ice/Coolers?

30PlusRetLaw -- You are bringing 60 Hotdogs, 30 Hamburgers, Cheese and condiments.  Your Good-2-Go.

Joey -- Can you bring that second BBQ?

MiamiARFan -- Your good to go with the BBQ.

Joey/MiamiARFan -- Do you need Gas or Charcoal ???

I'm bringing: Water - TONS OF IT, Bug Spray, Sun Block Lotion, Raffle Tickets, Name Tags, Liability Forms, Range Rules Sheets, Targets for competition, Couple small Coolers and ICE.

What are we missing Guys ?????

CHAIRS -- Bring your own guys if you want to sit.

My count on what we have is:

75x Napkins/Cups/Plates  (for about 75 people - much more than we should have)
36x Sodas
??x Gatorade (waiting on a # from MacDude)
60 Burgers & Buns
60 HotDogs & Buns
I'll bring about 100+ waters.
2x Grills
Pop Up Canopies - several thx to fsk1290

I think we should have enough food Drinks
Link Posted: 6/25/2007 9:35:18 AM EDT
[#50]
So we have our pick, what do you want?  i can only pull one thing behind my vehicle at a time......or do you want both, a Mammoth Grill/Smoker and a Concession Trailer?

They are only about 5 miles from the range and my house is in between the two, so getting both would not be that big of a deal.  Although it might be more an issue of space.

Mammoth Grill/Smoker
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top