Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 2/17/2005 4:48:08 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
get a shot glass fill it with 3/4 of jagermeister, top it off with barcardi 151 and light it up, drop it into a glass of guiness, and drink....tastes like dr pepper

banger , just shot you an IM check it....
that's a complete waste of a guiness!!!! it's perfect just the way it is..........

meat
Link Posted: 2/17/2005 4:55:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Hm, why not just get Dr. Pepper?
Link Posted: 2/17/2005 5:08:18 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Hm, why not just get Dr. Pepper?

damn , duffy , ya just don't quit do ya.. lol.

pray it doesn't rain

meat
Link Posted: 2/18/2005 9:59:07 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
get a shot glass fill it with 3/4 of jagermeister, top it off with barcardi 151 and light it up, drop it into a glass of guiness, and drink....tastes like dr pepper

Flaming Dr. Pepper!! I saw some folks doing that at a party once, but didn't know what it was. I was also a little timid about drinking at the time.

Rayn
Link Posted: 2/18/2005 10:34:59 AM EDT
[#5]
hey fellas,
just all this talk and having fun... was checkin out the gd forum, readin about all our troops and their families that have sacrificed so much for our freedom. i am not in anyway forcing this to anyone of you, but kick down a donation for these hero's. how much is not important. just food for thought.

meat
Link Posted: 2/18/2005 10:54:37 AM EDT
[#6]
How about setting up an IDPA type match, and kick in a few bucks to run in it.....winner gets the pot, and then the winner donates all of that to adoptasniper.org.

:)

Quoted:
hey fellas,
just all this talk and having fun... was checkin out the gd forum, readin about all our troops and their families that have sacrificed so much for our freedom. i am not in anyway forcing this to anyone of you, but kick down a donation for these hero's. how much is not important. just food for thought.

meat

Link Posted: 2/18/2005 11:34:31 AM EDT
[#7]
smglee ,
left you a voice mail, need larue acog mount for ta31. IM me or call me at home please.

mister suzuki,
interesting concept.. just dont know what type of equip. is required. suggestion anybody.

meat
Link Posted: 2/19/2005 1:34:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Maybe time to start planning alternate  venues.  Maybe out in the desert towards Victorville/Barstow?  Check here www.ladpw.org/rmd/roadclosure/rc_photos.cfm for some nasty photos of what's happening in LA County.  Looks like Lake Hughes Rd. is going to be in hurt city for some time.  

According to LA County Dept of Public Workswww.ladpw.org/mpm/roadclosure/pdf/TG_540.pdf both Glendora Mtn Rd and Glendora  Ridge Rd. are closed with expected opening dates the end of August.  Those are the roads you take to get to Burro Canyon from the east when you can't get in off Highway 39..

Angeles Nat'l Forest  roads site www.fs.fed.us/r5/angeles/conditions/conditions-road.shtml summary
Storm Related Road Closures

As of January 19, 2005, county and state road closures continue to be in effect for some roads within the Angeles National Forest.

Open roads include:

* State Route 2 (Angeles Crest Highway) open from the 210 freeway to the 6,000 foot level. Construction in progress, so please watch for flagmen and expect delays.
   * State Route 2 (Angeles Crest Highway) open from Highway 138 to Mt. High Ski Resort.
   * Angeles Forest Highway.
   * Mount Baldy Road.
   * Santa Clara Divide Road from Bear Divide to North Fork Station. Then open to Messenger Flat Campground with 4-wheel drive vehicles only.

Closed roads include:

* Highway 39 (San Gabriel Canyon) at the Entrance Station.
   * Bouquet Canyon Road north of Lombardi Ranch to Elizabeth Lake Road.
   * Glendora Mountain Road.
   * Big Tujunga Canyon Road.
   * San Francisquito Road.
   * Lake Hughes Road.
   * Chaney Trail Road.
   * Glendora Ridge Road.
   * Santa Anita Canyon Road (“Chantry Road”), managed by several municipalities, has sustained considerable damage and is closed.
Link Posted: 2/21/2005 7:39:27 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
As of January 19, 2005, county and state road closures continue to be in effect for some roads within the Angeles National Forest.

Closed roads include:

* Highway 39 (San Gabriel Canyon) at the Entrance Station.
   * Bouquet Canyon Road north of Lombardi Ranch to Elizabeth Lake Road.
   * Glendora Mountain Road.
   * Big Tujunga Canyon Road.
   * San Francisquito Road.
   * Lake Hughes Road.
   * Chaney Trail Road.
   * Glendora Ridge Road.
   * Santa Anita Canyon Road (“Chantry Road”), managed by several municipalities, has sustained considerable damage and is closed.

The date of that report was Jan. 19. Highway 39 has been reopened since then. We went up Highway 39 to get to Burro Canyon for the shoot in early Feb, it was reopened then.  As soon as the rains stop, I'll go check them all out again.
Link Posted: 2/22/2005 9:06:00 AM EDT
[#10]
This has been the CalTrans report for over a week now.

SR 39
   [ORANGE CO]
   NO TRAFFIC RESTRICTIONS ARE REPORTED FOR THIS AREA.

[LOS ANGELES & VENTURA CO.'S]
   IS CLOSED 3.7 MI SOUTH TO 6 MI NORTH OF COLDBROOK RANGER STATION
(LOS ANGELES CO) - DUE TO STORM DAMAGE - MOTORISTS ARE ADVISED TO USE
AN ALTERNATE ROUTE
Link Posted: 2/22/2005 7:56:49 PM EDT
[#11]
zapp,
is the road open?  cause i know you are the closest?
let us know..

meat
Link Posted: 2/23/2005 1:04:01 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
zapp,
is the road open?  cause i know you are the closest?
let us know..

meat

Just got some new extra sticky tires for my bike today. I'll try to get them mounted and check the road out this weekend.
Link Posted: 2/24/2005 8:49:59 PM EDT
[#13]
It looked like the range area was built on sediment dredged out from behind the dam.  Just from a curiosity wonder how well it soaked up and drained.  Hopefully we find out and go shooting.
Link Posted: 2/27/2005 11:33:04 AM EDT
[#14]

There is a lot of road work up there now. They have crews up in several sections cleaning off the road. It is pretty dirty. But it is still open.

There is a roadblock near the bottom. You have to tell them you are going to the range, otherwise they won't let you up.

Link Posted: 2/28/2005 7:24:18 AM EDT
[#15]
You guys won't make fun of me if I bring my SU-16 right?
Link Posted: 2/28/2005 9:16:36 AM EDT
[#16]
What's that?  Is it another variation of a FAB10?

Quoted:
You guys won't make fun of me if I bring my SU-16 right?

Link Posted: 2/28/2005 10:15:18 AM EDT
[#17]
It takes Ar-15 magazines....

http://www.kel-tec.com/su-16_rifle.htm
Link Posted: 2/28/2005 11:47:02 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
It takes Ar-15 magazines....

http://www.kel-tec.com/su-16_rifle.htm

interesting, bring it out and let me shoot it!!!!

meat
Link Posted: 2/28/2005 12:29:28 PM EDT
[#19]
damn, just dropped a benjamin on the blackjack table.

better go back to work.......
see you guys on the 12th.

meat
Link Posted: 2/28/2005 2:25:19 PM EDT
[#20]
I'll try to bring a few friends, I actually have a few things to break in...
Link Posted: 3/1/2005 6:48:18 AM EDT
[#21]
We'll be there.  Since Angeles Ranges is closed right now, we need to do some R&D with this gun:

Link Posted: 3/1/2005 6:56:48 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
We'll be there.  Since Angeles Ranges is closed right now, we need to do some R&D with this gun:

www.mesatactical.com/images/mossberg_mule.jpg

interesting, bring it out abd let me shoot it!!!!

looking forward to meeting you mitch.

later

meat
Link Posted: 3/1/2005 8:04:47 AM EDT
[#23]
I got one of these too.

http://www.rbprecision.com/id72.htm

Look for pics with a pink background, under John's Evo...
Link Posted: 3/1/2005 1:12:29 PM EDT
[#24]
hey meateater, are we gonna bbq again? i can bring out my mini grill, or are we gonna go to some place to down a couple of beers and shoot the shit after we shoot our guns? i still gotta buy you a beer for letting me have your aimpoint for such a great deal, i hope you have been sleeping well for the past days since i havent paid you $300 yet.  well see you guys on the 12th
Link Posted: 3/1/2005 1:19:44 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
hey meateater, are we gonna bbq again? i can bring out my mini grill, or are we gonna go to some place to down a couple of beers and shoot the shit after we shoot our guns? i still gotta buy you a beer for letting me have your aimpoint for such a great deal, i hope you have been sleeping well for the past days since i havent paid you $300 yet.  well see you guys on the 12th

banger, ooops chef banger.
no worries my brother, in vegas for a couple of weeks for work.

bbq was nice, let's see if we can get some peole together after the shoot for food and drinks.  or start a poll for me will ya?
don't have access to the net at my hotel no-tell, can only get online at work. so let's see what the others would like to do for food. i'm down to bring the burger patties , etc... if we bbq at tac 7. if not another discreet location after the shoot.

i have my cell with me. i'm so lonely.........  just kiddin hitting the gents club after work today!!

meat
Link Posted: 3/1/2005 1:54:13 PM EDT
[#26]
by any chance does anybody have a barrel wrench that i can use to tighten my upper at the burro canyon shoot on the 12th i can buy you a beer or cook up a hamburger for you
Link Posted: 3/1/2005 7:18:10 PM EDT
[#27]
I always bring all of my tools with me, so yes I'll have an armorer's wrench you can use, I just don't know how you're gonna do that without a vice though
Link Posted: 3/1/2005 9:39:00 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
by any chance does anybody have a barrel wrench that i can use to tighten my upper at the burro canyon shoot on the 12th i can buy you a beer or cook up a hamburger for you

Where do you live?   I will gladly lend you my barrel wrench Tuesday for a hamburger today.

Link Posted: 3/1/2005 10:04:37 PM EDT
[#29]
no worrys guys i keep forgeting that im cheap as soon as tomorrow im ordering a barrel wrench, hence a new promotion = more money/less work for me
Link Posted: 3/4/2005 1:55:15 PM EDT
[#30]
Looks like its a GO for me and my buddies! I look forward to meeting you guys!

BTW, does the place rent out target stands?
Link Posted: 3/5/2005 7:34:12 PM EDT
[#31]
Yes it rents target stands.  See ya guys next week!
Link Posted: 3/6/2005 4:37:06 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 3/6/2005 4:50:59 PM EDT
[#33]
yeah i hope so too, anyways on march 12th i'm gonna become a year member at burro canyon  shooting range so i can sign in one person in for free...so duffy,paul,kisara,drfidge,caliman nad whoever else
Link Posted: 3/6/2005 5:14:49 PM EDT
[#34]
Me me me!
12 dolla a lot of money!
Link Posted: 3/6/2005 6:47:36 PM EDT
[#35]
lol no problem duffy, oh yeah just spoke to andy at burro , he said that we got tac3 for saturday, leo got tac7 for training that day, meateater were you informed about this yet? just found out today sunday
Link Posted: 3/7/2005 6:41:56 AM EDT
[#36]
are we gonna grill it up this saturday again?
Link Posted: 3/7/2005 7:10:04 AM EDT
[#37]
brothers,
i m still outta town and only have limited access to the web. some of you have my cell#.
i'll bring patties if i can.   i will be flying into town late fri. so make back up pattie plANS.
i'll see you at tac 3a.

banger , thanks for the updated info.

i can also sign someone else in for free , first come first served.

i may be late getting there so , all the rest of you burro vets, i'm counting on you guys to keep everything in control.

remember the four rules of firearms handling.  

please wear , eye protection.  

damn , it will be good to see ya'll aagin.

i'll bring out a dvd camcorder, so if you spooks out there don't wanrt yer face on arfcom. let me know early.

banger, bringing out the grill?

until the 12th, im out.

meat
Link Posted: 3/7/2005 10:45:29 AM EDT
[#38]
i'll bring some burgers and hot dogs along with the buns...anyone bringin a grill?
Link Posted: 3/8/2005 8:04:01 PM EDT
[#39]
After missing all the previous shoots I just realized I can probably make this one! I haven't met any of you guys, I shot a few times w/ John (Hitman) and I'll actually be shipping off to Ft. Jackson where he's at in a month as well.

I've got three leftover boxes of Olympic .223. What else should I stock up on? Would my mossy 500, marlin .22 or yugo sks be of interest to anyone? Is it cool if I bring one or two non-arfcom buddies? Finally, anything not called for yet that I can bring?

See you guys soon (hopefully)!
Link Posted: 3/8/2005 9:00:05 PM EDT
[#40]
yes guys i will bring out the grill,but  only the grill since i didnt have much time to clean it after last months shoot, and i dont have  time to do very much since i got a  promotion and i  have been working late hours evryday so i'll be bring out the grill and a pack of weiners and buns
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 7:04:07 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
After missing all the previous shoots I just realized I can probably make this one! I haven't met any of you guys, I shot a few times w/  (Hitman) and I'll actually be shipping off to Ft. Jackson where he's at in a month as well.

I've got three leftover boxes of Olympic .223. What else should I stock up on? Would my mossy 500, marlin .22 or yugo sks be of interest to anyone? Is it cool if I bring one or two non-arfcom buddies? Finally, anything not called for yet that I can bring?

See you guys soon (hopefully)!

please, no steel core ammo or any targets that cant be picked up or biodegradable.

ya'll are welcome to shoot my ar and m1a. bring clean ammo.
non-arfcommers are o.k. ,but make sure they know the four rules, before the shoot.

we look forward to hearing from hitman as well and hope he's doin fine.

once again looking forward to a fun and safe shoot.

SAFETY IS MOST IMPORTANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

meat,
and no, pieeater and i are not the same person.......

Link Posted: 3/9/2005 7:51:29 AM EDT
[#42]
With Meat's permission........rules for all to abide by.  

I'll have to miss this shoot, as I have a flight to catch.......but someone, be sure to take pics!!!!  Hitman will be putting together a DVD for us later this year, of all the ARfcom Shoots, so take plenty of pics, and videos!!!!

Stay safe....and watch those muzzle sweeps!!!!!

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=190118

The Four Rules of Firearms Handling
by Jeff Cooper

Rule 1
ALL GUNS ARE ALWAYS LOADED.
The only exception to this occurs when you have a firearm in your hands and you have personally unloaded it for checking. As soon as you put it down, Rule 1 applies again

Rule 2
NEVER LET THE MUZZLE COVER ANYTHING YOU ARE NOT PREPARED TO DESTROY.
You may not wish to destroy it, but you must be clear in your mind that you are quite ready to if you let that muzzle cover the target. To allow a firearm to point at another human being is a deadly threat, and should always be treated as such.

Rule 3
KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER UNTIL YOUR SIGHTS ARE ON THE TARGET.
This we call the Golden Rule because its violation is responsible for about 80 percent of the firearms disasters we read about.

Rule 4
BE SURE OF YOUR TARGET AND WHAT IS BEYOND IT.
You never shoot at anything until you have positively identified it. You never fire at a shadow, or a sound, or a suspected presence. You shoot only when you know absolutely what you are shooting at and what is beyond it.
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 7:53:05 AM EDT
[#43]
Too lazy to retype....so cut'n & past'n!!    

Some more information.........:)

Almost forgot...since I'd like to go back home intact, and without any extra holes other than God gave me (ok....make a joke!).

Here's the same thing again......the 4 (four) Basic Rules that we will ALL abide by.....not 1, or 2, or 3....but ALL 4!  

Also, another question was posed about Range Officers......we will be self-policed, so memorize & follow them carefully:
THE FOUR (4) RULES OF FIREARM HANDLING & SAFETY

I'm not sure who'll be the RO this time.....I"ve been battling a persistent cough, so I can't yell at the top of my lungs!  If you're familiar with all 4 rules, can yell, and don't mind wearing a bright yellow vest.......you can be our RO!!!  

Please, be safe folks......Line Breaks every 30 minutes.  3 minute warning to fire remaining shots at "3 Minutes to Line Break", "CEASE FIRE", if your gun is loaded, make it safe, eject live rounds, actions open.  We have 10 minutes to change targets.  "RANGE IS HOT", means you're good to shoot and!

"CEASE FIRE" can be called by ANYONE, if something happens, or see something that's wrong.  

Remeber the following:

THE FOUR (4) RULES OF FIREARM HANDLING & SAFETY

Sorry Meat for reposting this again......just was a little scared at the last one.  Remember, just because we have Tacpoints, does not mean we have Airsoft guns too!  
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 8:56:58 AM EDT
[#44]
thanks, mister

sorry,you won't be able to make this one. we'll miss you, literally(just kiddin)
heal up from the frag from last shoot?

that's why eye protection is required for everyone!!!

meat

Link Posted: 3/9/2005 9:40:48 AM EDT
[#45]
i'll bring the burgers and buns and condiments....anyone gonna bring the drinks or chips?
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 11:41:02 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
i'll bring the burgers and buns and condiments....anyone gonna bring the drinks or chips?

I can do chips and salsa (homemade, not the mystery goop out of the jars).
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 12:38:15 PM EDT
[#47]
master chief, pa-danby & bear....

ya'll comin out to the shoot?????

someone bring a tripod for a camcorder??

looks like this weekends shoot is gonna have alot of arfcommers comin out!!!

meat
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 4:56:04 PM EDT
[#48]
I *MIGHT* make it.....as my flight's not till midnight or so, and will stop by and see my sister before I go.

So hope you have some food ready........and I"ll bring my crappy PMC ammo again, damn FTF's!!!

And I'll be sure to be careful of you Kali guys......getting frag'd......and not even an officer!!!!  You guys are sure tough on outsiders!!

Also...I'll be taking pics.......so if ya dont' want your picture taken, be sure to wear a ski mask, and go Iraqi NG style!!!
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 6:37:35 PM EDT
[#49]
meateater, i got an tripod you can use bro
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 6:52:34 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
meateater, i got an tripod you can use bro

thanks, banger...

gonna need that tripod cause , i'm an old ol fuck and can't hold that camfor a long time....

see you guys this sat. looks like alot of arfcommers are gonna be there , so let's make sure we have fun and be safe....

meat, out...

Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top