Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 5:57:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

Of course it is. It's private property. What kind of question is that.

In NYS you have to be a certain distance from the home of another person to lawfully discharge a firearm. What is the distance specified in NJ law? it doesn't matter that you were on your own land discharging the firearm. Maybe you should study NJ law before you continue to shoot at that location.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 5:58:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Last I checked in NY, you have to be 500 ft from all buildings.  Doesn't matter if you are on your own land, you still have to be more than 500 ft from you neighbor or else have their permission.

Now that I think about it, I'm not sure if that is a state or county rule?

State law.

Link Posted: 11/20/2008 5:03:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
....So I shout back STFU and go inside we were here first! After that I aimed at the target and emptied everything I had into it. Everything after that was with the intent to push her buttons. F them!

I can't imagine why some people have a negative opinion of guns and hunters.

And I can't imagine why gun owners have a negative opinion of yuppy non fat mocha latte drinking neighbors who have no respect for my rights and my property that has been there for 3 generations! You can go F yourself too!

leave the personal attacks out of here or you won't be posting here ~HiramRanger

So tell me: is it legal in NJ to discharge a firearm within 150 yards of another persons residence without that owners consent?
It doesn't matter how long you've lived there.

Might want to reread the NJ Penal Code, Hoss.

Instead of putting up a smiley smartass picture up why don't you spell it out for me because I can't find one law on it. Please site your reference of course with a link....and be sure it isn't a hunting law....
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 7:06:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Instead of putting up a smiley smartass picture up why don't you spell it out for me because I can't find one law on it. Please site your reference of course with a link....and be sure it isn't a hunting law....

Doesn't sound like you are taking the issue very seriously.
Oh, by the way, en con laws of this sort apply even to those not actually hunting.

edit:
My internet over here sucks, or I'd research the NJ laws online for you.
I suggest that you start here:
http://www.findlaw.com/11stategov/nj/laws.html
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 7:32:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh, by the way, en con laws of this sort apply even to those not actually hunting.

edit:

"But officer, we weren't hunting, we were target shooting, on private property!" *click-click* "You have the right to remain silent (if not the ability)..."

Leave the troll alone, if he eats too much he gets gassy.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 8:17:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

edit:

"But officer, we weren't hunting, we were target shooting, on private property!" *click-click* "You have the right to remain silent (if not the ability)..."

Leave the troll alone, if he eats too much he gets gassy.

Actually it would be more like this. "Hey how's it going?" "Good just have to swing by b/c we received calls again from the neighbors. We know you aren't doing anything wrong." "ok no problem by the way how's Joe and Joe? You work out of the Hamilton station right?" "Oh yeah there good, you know them?" "Yeah good friends of mine" "Well you have a nice day :)" "you too" :) and that would be that...
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 8:20:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
....So I shout back STFU and go inside we were here first! After that I aimed at the target and emptied everything I had into it. Everything after that was with the intent to push her buttons. F them!

I can't imagine why some people have a negative opinion of guns and hunters.

And I can't imagine why gun owners have a negative opinion of yuppy non fat mocha latte drinking neighbors who have no respect for my rights and my property that has been there for 3 generations! You can go F yourself too!

leave the personal attacks out of here or you won't be posting here ~HiramRanger

So tell me: is it legal in NJ to discharge a firearm within 150 yards of another persons residence without that owners consent?
It doesn't matter how long you've lived there.

Might want to reread the NJ Penal Code, Hoss.

Anything on this yet????? I searched that findlaw site as well... Don't see one thing about it....
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 10:36:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By madblznguy
Anything on this yet????? I searched that findlaw site as well... Don't see one thing about it....

I do not think that you will find anything either.  Most discharging of firearms are governed by local ordinances.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 10:39:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Originally Posted By madblznguy

I do not think that you will find anything either.  Most discharging of firearms are governed by local ordinances.

I think you are right. Everything I did find pertained to township ordinances. NOT NJ state law.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top