Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/16/2013 6:26:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

IF you bought all that I'll be the first to call you a dick.

EDIT: YOU are the reason they put limits on this.  If you do competitions every weekend I'd understand buying that many pistol primers.  If you're "stocking up" it's not helping ANYONE when people buy this much and feed the panic monster.

This was the day after the election. Myself and 3 friends talked on the phone with each other that morning, and decided we should each get about one year worth of primers (since that was how long it took for them to come back down after last time). 12,000 primers each is not even a lot of shooting in a year, especially with IDPA and IPSC. We remember what it was like last time, and fuck paying 10 cents a primer.

When we went there we asked if there were any limits on what we could buy. Guess what, he asked how MANY we wanted to buy, because he has more in back. Hell, we didn't even wipe out the display. By the time we were going downstairs, he already had the display full again.

I remember what things were like last time, and what a bitch it was to get things. If you could get something you usually had to pay out your ass to get it. I have been telling my friends for years that they should get what they want. My close friends and I are all on the same page, and we have had pretty much everything we want (Save for an AUG and STI Mags). I have friends calling me daily asking where to get XXXX, and I do not feel bad for them at all. I have been telling them for how long? It sucks to suck. I just tell them that if they want something, they are going to have to pay more. Then they cry and ask if I want to sell something for cheap. Sure don't, Capitalism is a motherfucker when it does not work in your favor.

EZ
Link Posted: 1/16/2013 6:32:00 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

I remember what things were like last time, and what a bitch it was to get things. If you could get something you usually had to pay out your ass to get it. I have been telling my friends for years that they should get what they want. My close friends and I are all on the same page, and we have had pretty much everything we want (Save for an AUG and STI Mags). I have friends calling me daily asking where to get XXXX, and I do not feel bad for them at all. I have been telling them for how long? It sucks to suck. I just tell them that if they want something, they are going to have to pay more. Then they cry and ask if I want to sell something for cheap. Sure don't, Capitalism is a motherfucker when it does not work in your favor.

EZ

+1

I beat on the "buy an AR while they are stupid cheap" drum for a year, and exactly zero of my friends and coworkers listened. Since then, three have bought them at inflated prices and the rest are whining about not buying them. Fuck 'em.

Do I wish I had bought more stuff? Sure! Will I be fine without? Yup.

/If anyone has a line on 5.45x39 AR barrels, lemmi know

Link Posted: 1/16/2013 6:48:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

EDIT: YOU are the reason they put limits on this.  If you do competitions every weekend I'd understand buying that many pistol primers.  If you're "stocking up" it's not helping ANYONE when people buy this much and feed the panic monster.

OK... and I will be the first to call YOU a dick.

Let me get this straight. From your perspective the guy who prepares and takes care of himself is the dick, but guy who does not plan ahead and suffers the consequence is morally superior. Yea right.
Link Posted: 1/16/2013 7:10:36 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Yes, blame the consumer.  

Link Posted: 1/16/2013 8:20:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Quoted:

EZ

+1

I beat on the "buy an AR while they are stupid cheap" drum for a year, and exactly zero of my friends and coworkers listened. Since then, three have bought them at inflated prices and the rest are whining about not buying them. Fuck 'em.

THIS! Gawd, I've still got coworkers asking what's a good AR to buy?

My response, "You're a bit behind the power curve my friend."
Link Posted: 1/16/2013 8:34:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

EZ

+1

THIS! Gawd, I've still got coworkers asking what's a good AR to buy?

My response, "You're a bit behind the power curve my friend."

I SERIOUSLY have had two people ask me today "Hey bud, where can I get an AR??? Wow, so No one in town has one??????? Can I buy one of yours??? I have like $500 bucks, can you hook me up???"

This ain't my first rodeo, and I have been telling these people they should be getting stuff since the LAST election. But of course, now they HAVE to have it.
Link Posted: 1/16/2013 9:28:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

You have got to be kidding me..... really , call someone a dick for that ?

hell I applaud him for stocking up. That is only a couple sleeves of primers , I would not call that excessive in the least bit.
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 3:16:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This was the day after the election. Myself and 3 friends talked on the phone with each other that morning, and decided we should each get about one year worth of primers (since that was how long it took for them to come back down after last time). 12,000 primers each is not even a lot of shooting in a year, especially with IDPA and IPSC. We remember what it was like last time, and fuck paying 10 cents a primer.

When we went there we asked if there were any limits on what we could buy. Guess what, he asked how MANY we wanted to buy, because he has more in back. Hell, we didn't even wipe out the display. By the time we were going downstairs, he already had the display full again.

EZ

MY apologies.  I thought you bought that many the day you posted them.  I also said if you shoot competitions then I'd understand buying that many at once wouldn't be anything out of the normal January month.  Stock up for a year = shoot all year long.

As far as "blame the consumer" I will since the consumer controls the "demand" in "supply and demand economics" and buying 12K primers at once shows the supplier the demand is much higher.  I know prices are going up and I'd poop my pants at 10 cents a primer too.
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 2:32:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Fun thread turned bad by one picture!

I have lingered here a while but never really posted.

From what I have seen, after about 2-3 weeks of hiding out on the internet instead, there is nothing left local.

Most of the hunting calipers are still readily available, as well as the guns that fire them. Same for shotgun, which I am surprised as I was able to still get a basket full of those cheaper slugs from Sportsman's today (Rio), as I thought that would be something targeted after all the other home defense stuff started drying up. I also got a few cases of Wallyworld federal since those prices haven't jumped yet.

Pistol and AR/AK are non existent, or getting close.

Surprisingly Scheels has a massive amount of the M&P 1522's in stock.

I do enjoy watching Armslist and a few others since this all started. I have been getting a kick out of it all.

I am kind of upset that 22lr is completely dry everywhere. I shot so much freaking 22, now I have have to cut back.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 5:01:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Picked up 10,000 primers over the last couple days.  Needed large pistol or small rifle, but all that was available was small pistol and large rifle.  Bought a sleeve of each and maybe I can trade some for what I need.  

Regardless, as long as I keep them out of water or fire they should last as long as needed.

Link Posted: 1/19/2013 7:38:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I am kind of upset that 22lr is completely dry everywhere. I shot so much freaking 22, now I have have to cut back.

Buy a 17 HMR and you'll be much happier.  

I walked past the primers at Scheels and thought of this thread.    EMPTY! but  I was only one of 50 people in the reloading section and sort of smiled.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 4:13:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Buy a 17 HMR and you'll be much happier.  

I walked past the primers at Scheels and thought of this thread.    EMPTY! but  I was only one of 50 people in the reloading section and sort of smiled.

So the grasshoppers were upset about the ants' preparedness?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top