User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 12:49:44 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It also increases the value of the home as well as the security.

probably a break in home insurance?

That too, but I meant the appraised value.

Link Posted: 9/4/2010 1:52:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
My neighbor's house was burglarized on Friday, the 20th.

Two bricks through the back patio door windows about 12:30 pm (broad daylight). They came in through the broken windows, and left through the front door (go figure). The homeowners were gone for about an hour and 45 minutes. The house was ransacked (especially the master bedroom). Some very valuable items were stolen, and some other items of value were either left behind or not found by the pukes (maybe something spooked them).

These are elderly people and they are terrified now.

ETA: See what's going on in your neighborhood. http://www.lvmpd.com/crimeviewcommunity/

My neighbor was talking about this break-in a week or so ago, he's retired and has been here scence '77 knows everybody type of guy, this area has been pretty quite as long as I have lived here until recent, We have seen a change the last year as people are getting the property cheap...see a lot of dead grass and cars parked in the front yard.....    
Glad to know we live in the same area  

What's your cross streets?

Im off of Taos and Pearl
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 2:21:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
My neighbor's house was burglarized on Friday, the 20th.

Two bricks through the back patio door windows about 12:30 pm (broad daylight). They came in through the broken windows, and left through the front door (go figure). The homeowners were gone for about an hour and 45 minutes. The house was ransacked (especially the master bedroom). Some very valuable items were stolen, and some other items of value were either left behind or not found by the pukes (maybe something spooked them).

These are elderly people and they are terrified now.

ETA: See what's going on in your neighborhood. http://www.lvmpd.com/crimeviewcommunity/

My neighbor was talking about this break-in a week or so ago, he's retired and has been here scence '77 knows everybody type of guy, this area has been pretty quite as long as I have lived here until recent, We have seen a change the last year as people are getting the property cheap...see a lot of dead grass and cars parked in the front yard.....    
Glad to know we live in the same area  

What's your cross streets?

Im off of Taos and Pearl

We're neighbors.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 6:11:43 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Every day there seems to be more of these stories. Every day I appreciate my Rolladen shutters more.

nice, they cover all your windows? Or just the ones you felt were most vulnerable?

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 6:13:41 PM EDT
[#5]
dupe

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 6:23:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
dupe

What's duped?
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 6:39:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 6:58:28 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Every day there seems to be more of these stories. Every day I appreciate my Rolladen shutters more.

nice, they cover all your windows? Or just the ones you felt were most vulnerable?

I did some of the openings previously, so this time around I did the remainders. All the windows are done now.

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 7:06:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
dupe

What's duped?

I think he means double tap.

Ahhh, the infamous Double Tap.

Sorry xenophon21.

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 10:44:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Next door neighbor's house was hit Sat morning, southwest side of town Jones and Warm Springs.  They noticed a suspicious car lingering around when they were packing up their boat for the day (dead give away that nobody would be around for a while).  They stole all their electronics, PS3 Wii computers TVs ect.  

They have a pretty good idea who did it,  friends of a neighborhood punk.  Without any solid evidence can they do anything?  Besides SSS
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top