Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 11:37:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Its a shame we also don't have a bunch of paintball guns.  I think it'd be more fun to "hunt" the game that hunts you back!  Maybe this is something else we can look into for the future or add on to our hunt!
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 11:42:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 12:24:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 12:55:37 PM EDT
[#4]
I didnt know u guys played paintball.  I have all my stuff from when i got really heavily into it and havent had a chance to play

Paul
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 8:33:45 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I didnt know u guys played paintball.  I have all my stuff from when i got really heavily into it and havent had a chance to play

Paul

Maybe we can organize a paintball retreat on your land Ed?  Imagine 30 arfcommers stalking eachother screaming, I GOT YOU FIRST!  It'd be like you're the father 30 kids again!
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 5:06:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 6:38:43 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Maybe we can organize a paintball retreat on your land Ed?  Imagine 30 arfcommers stalking eachother screaming, I GOT YOU FIRST!  It'd be like you're the father 30 kids again!

We can have a retreat like that in the summer.At that time(not hunting season) we can camp there too.

If you find this post deleted,it is because my wife came around and I did not want her to read that I am the father of 30 children!

WTF-You are going to get me in trouble, son boy!

Hath thou foresaken me, father?
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 2:54:13 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
So if we're hunting on private land do we still need a permit?

You can OWN land but you can not "OWN" state designated game animals. The right to HARVEST them is governed by the states... and this relates to amounts type etc. except when this decision is impacted by FEDERAL mandates - like the RE-classification of crows, because of Mexico. Before the FEDERAL change you pretty much could kill as many crows as you wanted without regard to a season.
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 6:57:58 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
and this relates to amounts type etc. except when this decision is impacted by FEDERAL mandates - like the RE-classification of crows, because of Mexico. Before the FEDERAL change you pretty much could kill as many crows as you wanted without regard to a season.

What's the story behind this?  How is it crows are not protected?  I was looking through the DEC regulations and there are a few other unprotected animals, like groundhogs, starlings and a couple others.

I know starlings are not native to the CONUS and were brought here from England and now they are a pest--eating farmers' crops and stuff.  Groundhogs are also pests and cause severe economic damages, but what about crows?  How did they get on the "shit list?"

And back to the original topic...when are we looking to do this hunt?  If I don't have my buck by the time the hunt rolls around, I'll head out Rochester-way and see what I can "harvest" from Ed's land, if the invitation is still open.

-Nick Viejo.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top