BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/21/2008 7:46:05 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
The fiancee wants to be closer to her parents and there's really nothing holding me in Illinois except for my parents and they could care less where I lived so were moving to Omaha. Just have to line up a job and an apartment

I'll be building a SBR to celebrate when I get there

Does this mean that your mom is going to rent out the basement apartment that you live in now?
Link Posted: 8/21/2008 9:40:39 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The fiancee wants to be closer to her parents and there's really nothing holding me in Illinois except for my parents and they could care less where I lived so were moving to Omaha. Just have to line up a job and an apartment

I'll be building a SBR to celebrate when I get there

Does this mean that your mom is going to rent out the basement apartment that you live in now?

I'm just going to sublease
Link Posted: 9/15/2008 4:12:30 PM EDT
[#3]
UPDATE: Everything is straightened out, October 20th I will be a Nebraska resident
Link Posted: 9/15/2008 4:56:10 PM EDT
[#4]
What town did your Mom buy a house in? Lucky she bought one here in Nebraska, down south the ground is too rocky to have a basement. We will have to meet up at a gun show sometime.
Link Posted: 9/15/2008 6:40:46 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
What town did your Mom buy a house in? Lucky she bought one here in Nebraska, down south the ground is too rocky to have a basement. We will have to meet up at a gun show sometime.

it's not my mom who bought a house. It's just myself and my fiancee. We'll be living with my fiancee's parents initially, then we're getting an apartment. I'm definitely good to go on meeting up at a fun show.
Link Posted: 9/15/2008 7:08:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Congrats!

Will be talking to you in the future.
Link Posted: 10/5/2008 6:49:55 PM EDT
[#7]
So I'm in Omaha right now. I have 2 job interviews tomorrow. I was looking at the CCW requirements. It looks like I have to be a resident for 6 months before I can apply
Link Posted: 10/5/2008 7:17:51 PM EDT
[#8]
How long did you have to wait in Ill to get your CCW?
Link Posted: 10/5/2008 8:18:08 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

two weeks after never.

I was just stoked to finally have CCW and now I have to wait six more months. It's such a cock tease

I guess I can just OC. I don't want to get hassled by the man though.

Link Posted: 10/5/2008 10:29:56 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

two weeks after never.

I was just stoked to finally have CCW and now I have to wait six more months. It's such a cock tease

I guess I can just OC. I don't want to get hassled by the man though.

have to have a OC permit if you venture into Omaha and even them they will probably arrest you anyway
Link Posted: 10/6/2008 5:38:18 AM EDT
[#11]
Visit www.ccwne.com and ask about carrying under "affirmative defense."  Some guys do it.

Good luck on the job interviews.  

If you have the time, stop by Ted's Nebraska (Montana) Grill that's just off Dodge.  The food is great, especially the bison steak and the key lime pie.  Decent beer selection too.

Be sure to ask the county sheriff about a Handgun Purchase Permit.  You'll need it to buy a gun.  It's $5, and good for a few years.  No waiting on background checks with it.
Link Posted: 10/12/2008 9:57:20 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
So I'm in Omaha right now. I have 2 job interviews tomorrow. I was looking at the CCW requirements. It looks like I have to be a resident for 6 months before I can apply

Same here in KS.  But, it beats the shit out of where we came from, doesn't it?!?!?!?!?!
Link Posted: 10/13/2008 12:24:18 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Same here in KS.  But, it beats the shit out of where we came from, doesn't it?!?!?!?!?!

Amen sir, Amen.

In the meantime i'll be buying some NFA toys. SBR and suppressor here I come
Link Posted: 10/13/2008 1:36:41 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Amen sir, Amen.

I'll have to wait a bit longer before I get any more goodies......  Fingers crossed, our house in Chicago closes Wednesday, so we will be out from under that albatross.  The bad part is, we have to pay a crap ton of money just to sell it due to how fucked up the housing market is in Chicago......

All our spare cash after that will go in to a house here......

Link Posted: 10/13/2008 5:11:34 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Amen sir, Amen.

I'll have to wait a bit longer before I get any more goodies......  Fingers crossed, our house in Chicago closes Wednesday, so we will be out from under that albatross.  The bad part is, we have to pay a crap ton of money just to sell it due to how fucked up the housing market is in Chicago......

All our spare cash after that will go in to a house here......

Eh, look on the bright side. You're free of IL now. And I will be in 1 week
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 3:42:55 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Visit www.ccwne.com and ask about carrying under "affirmative defense."  Some guys do it.

If you have the time, stop by Ted's Nebraska (Montana) Grill that's just off Dodge.  The food is great, especially the bison steak and the key lime pie.  Decent beer selection too.

Be sure to ask the county sheriff about a Handgun Purchase Permit.  You'll need it to buy a gun.  It's $5, and good for a few years.  No waiting on background checks with it.

Come on...You're really suggesting to eat steak at Ted's grill? Let alone suggesting to give money to that POS Ted Turner?  Get out of West Omaha for once, there are plenty of good places to eat in Omaha that aren't chain restaurants.
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 6:15:10 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Come on...You're really suggesting to eat steak at Ted's grill? Let alone suggesting to give money to that POS Ted Turner?  Get out of West Omaha for once, there are plenty of good places to eat in Omaha that aren't chain restaurants.

Well I am always a sucker for Texas roadhouse.

Tuesday I'll be in lincoln barhopping with some of the Kappa Delta girls.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 2:22:05 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That sounds like a really good way to spend a Tuesday.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 1:46:03 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Considering I live in Hamilton County, I'd say I get out of West Omaha quite frequently.  

But, by all means, please recommend a good steakhouse in Lincoln and/or Omaha that offers fresh bison steak.  I'm more than happy to go elsewhere.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 7:06:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Am I crazy to think the main reason that cocksucker bought up all that ranch land in western Nebraska was to sell our ground water to Denver? I don't trust any POS who would marry Hanoi Jane. I sure as hell won't be eating at his restaurant, watching his TV channel, or supporting the  Braves. Fuck Ted Turner.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 7:09:24 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Am I crazy to think the main reason that cocksucker bought up all that ranch land in western Nebraska was to sell our ground water to Denver? I don't trust any POS who would marry Hanoi Jane. I sure as hell won't be eating at his restaurant, watching his TV channel, or supporting the  Braves. Fuck Ted Turner.

+1

Communist piece of shit.
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 8:20:13 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That sounds like a really good way to spend a Tuesday.

OH, I know I'll enjoy it
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top