Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/22/2011 10:09:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Hey guys I found this looking at my Google analytics.  I own Big Tim's Pawn.  Thanks for the love, we do transfers cheap.  I'm not going to get into it until I read the forum rules about promotion though.  If you have any questions feel free to call or email..

Tim Russell
Big Tim's Pawn
727-828-1388
[email protected]

www.bigtimspawn.com
Link Posted: 11/22/2011 3:22:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Glad I live close to the Hernando Sportsmans Club - pretty damn nice range and the RSOs aren't complete dicks.  Get to know them well and they'll let you "bend" some of the rules occasionally :)
Link Posted: 11/22/2011 10:42:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Can't believe I have never heard of the place. Thanks for the info folks.

Link Posted: 12/12/2011 4:46:44 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Glad I live close to the Hernando Sportsmans Club - pretty damn nice range and the RSOs aren't complete dicks.  Get to know them well and they'll let you "bend" some of the rules occasionally :)

Why would I want to 'bend' rules that are there for everyone's safety?  I've been shooting for nearly 40 years, and if there are any rules I stick to it's rules governing firearms handling.  RSO's that 'allow' people to 'bend' rules are idiots.

I know, I know... 'Bully for me.'

Link Posted: 12/12/2011 6:15:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Why would I want to 'bend' rules that are there for everyone's safety?  I've been shooting for nearly 40 years, and if there are any rules I stick to it's rules governing firearms handling.  RSO's that 'allow' people to 'bend' rules are idiots.

I know, I know... 'Bully for me.'

I don't think he was talking about safe handling of firearms, and more bending rules like only load one round at a time, or one shot every three seconds.

I don't know if that's how Henando does things, but Wyoming Antelope Club those are actual rules in place.
Link Posted: 12/12/2011 8:30:12 AM EDT
[#6]
I thought Wyoming Antelope Club "loosened" the rules a bit?  Someone told me you were allowed five in the mag and one second between shots.

Either set of rules keeps me from joining anyway. It's a shame too, because it's a nice facility that is only minutes from my house. I'd run down there and hand over the $200 (or more even) if they weren't a bunch of fudds that help support anti-gunners prejudices about black rifles.
Link Posted: 12/12/2011 9:36:26 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm not a member of the WAC, but since the first time I went there last year, till now, I have always shot with 30r mags. They just don't want rapid-fire. A 2-second pause between shots doesn't bother me. Gives me time to relax and focus on breathing, grip, etc. I have also never encountered a Fudd RSO. Most of the guy's keep to themselves and makes sure the day goes smooth.

However I always went to Knights on Tue's $10 range day, usually an hour was all I could stand in that icebox, but $20 for a day of shooting at WOA seems fair to me, since I'm 5 min away from them.
Link Posted: 12/12/2011 2:31:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I thought Wyoming Antelope Club "loosened" the rules a bit?  Someone told me you were allowed five in the mag and one second between shots.

Either set of rules keeps me from joining anyway. It's a shame too, because it's a nice facility that is only minutes from my house. I'd run down there and hand over the $200 (or more even) if they weren't a bunch of fudds that help support anti-gunners prejudices about black rifles.

I’ve been a member for a little over 4 years now. I initially joined because they were the only range in the area that would allow my then 6 year old son shoot. The 5 round rule was in place when I joined but never really observed. Two or so years ago it was changed to a 5 rounds for non members. Today there is no rule. The new board and president are really looking over the old rules closely and making some good changes. Rapid fire is subjective and I have never nor have I ever seen anyone called out on it.  IMHO it’s a little pricey to join. IIRC the initiation fee is about $175 plus the yearly membership fee of $130. Members and their spouse shoot for $3 and children under 16, I believe, shoot for free. I have to admit that I only really use the public range and don’t take advantage of the other 5, 6, possible more ranges they have on the campus.

Link Posted: 12/12/2011 3:49:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Oh man, I could go on all day about gun shops being full of dicks and Knights is no different. Who was that guy who always said he was a SPPD officer but really wasn't?

Bill Jacksons didn't even give my buddy and I the time of day when he was trying to drop $2500 on a SCAR 16. He was standing at the counter, some old guy made eye contact with both of us...and then just meandered on down to some other customer. I got belligerent with one of the guys and he started back peddling. The only guys that ever gives me the time of day there are Mark and the younger guy with piercings. Money talks though, and the best thing to do to those assholes is ask them straight up if they get commission because you want to buy that $2500+ weapon. They will get nice real quick...then you tell them to piss off and you'd like Mark to sell it to them. And I literally mean use the words "piss off". They earn it there.

Cracker Boys...they're decent but the guy behind the counter told me "They don't make 77gr .223 ammunition" when I asked if he sold any. I can respect a "We don't sell any". But why show me how ignorant you are?

Coles is a bunch of dicks. Not only in their shop, but just seeing the way they act wearing their T-shirts at Sonny's BBQ is enough to keep me away from that place.

The *only* gun shops that I recommend anymore are Mark Kubes, Wain Roberts, and Kastle Keep. I have never had anyone ever give me any "gun store attitude" at any of those places, Mark Kubes does transfers for $25, Wain Roberts always has good prices on used guns, and the Kastle Keep guys are great.

With all that said, I can't imagine Shoot Straight being worse than what the options already are or the ownership that was in the building previously. Sure, the owner is a dick and they only employ 20-something year old males on segways (Why?) but I can get passed that. I just hope they allow Class III and don't have any stupid ammo restrictions.

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 3:23:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Sign is up at the former Knight's, now SS stating it will be back open after a remodel.  Large dumpster is out front with debris from the remodel process.

Side of building still says "Knights Shooting Range" in large letters.  Presumably, this will be changed in the near future as well.

I really hope SS doesn't do anything retarded with the range and/or rules of the gun range.  People always seemed to have their opinion(s) when it was Knight's.  It was where I shot the most and never had a problem there.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 6:27:23 AM EDT
[#11]
I am looking forward to plenty of ammo available at better prices than before. All lanes working plus one more on each side.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 1:56:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Sign is up at the former Knight's, now SS stating it will be back open after a remodel.  Large dumpster is out front with debris from the remodel process.

Side of building still says "Knights Shooting Range" in large letters.  Presumably, this will be changed in the near future as well.

I really hope SS doesn't do anything retarded with the range and/or rules of the gun range.  People always seemed to have their opinion(s) when it was Knight's.  It was where I shot the most and never had a problem there.

I agree. Their sales and selection were shit and the upkeep on the range was horrible but the rules were lax (as far as rapid fire, class III weapons, etc) as long as you didn't hit the carrier or flag anyone.

I will never buy any weapons or ammo from SS but if they don't go full retard with the rules I'll be glad to shoot there.

Sucks that it will only be 20-something year old guys working though.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top