User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 12/23/2004 9:07:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Misterpx - IM sent

Link Posted: 12/23/2004 9:14:23 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
The LLC can claim the said weapon was stolen/ taken without permission, and try for recovery, but that'd get tricky in court. Most likely, guy goes to jail, his weapon gets destroyed.

Actually, it's a LOT simpler than that.  If a crime is committed with a firearm, state law requires that it be destroyed, UNLESS:

The actual owner of the firearm had no knowledge of the intent of the individual commiting the crime (I'll look for the statutes, but it's something I looked at before considering open carrying).  Either way:

If your brother-in-law says "Hey pal, can I borrow that Remmy 870 of your'n to go huntin'?", you give it to him, and he goes out and caps his boss or holds up a bank, you can sue to have the 870 returned to you before the court orders it destroyed.

As the LLC will be the actual owner of these items, the company would stand a better chance of getting them back in court.  I would suggest a "forfieture of contribution" clause in the agreement to cover such cases.  The LLC retains posession of the offending individual's "contribution" in leiu of legal fees for recovery.

-FMD

ETA: Just got off the phone with MrPx.  He's on the way to the lawyers now...
Link Posted: 12/23/2004 9:17:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Good luck to you all...

I'd be in, BUT work won't be letting me come back to WI for a while...

I'm here on Christmas leave till the 3rd of Jan, then it's back to Ft Jackson...

Hope it works out for you guys...

- Dave

Link Posted: 12/23/2004 9:20:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Welcome back, Dave!
Link Posted: 12/23/2004 9:23:24 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Quoted:

ETA: Just got off the phone with MrPx.  He's on the way to the lawyers now...

oh no...I hope I will still be eligible

Link Posted: 12/23/2004 9:30:52 AM EDT
[#6]
If I had his number I;d say give me the needed info and i'd call him. Hey FMD can y help out with this???
Link Posted: 12/23/2004 9:36:06 AM EDT
[#7]
It's okay, we don't yet have Tat's complete info yet.

It's a preliminary meeting, I believe.

ETA: It better damn well be, at least!
Link Posted: 12/23/2004 9:37:56 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
It's okay, we don't yet have Tat's complete info yet.

It's a preliminary meeting, I believe.

ETA: It better damn well be, at least!

Good Deal ..Cause I think It will be me and one more guy from Oconomowoc as well.

Travis
Link Posted: 12/23/2004 9:38:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Thats good. than
Link Posted: 12/23/2004 10:05:09 AM EDT
[#10]
While MrPx is on talking to the lawyer...

Anybody have issues with background checks or current OOS CCW certs in lieu of? Recent 4473's should be okay too (proves you're not a violent felon), but I'd rather not be associated with scam artists and petty theives.

Not accusing anyone of not being on the up-and-up, but if you'll have even limited access to my toys (not to mention my SSN), I'd like to be sure.  Background checks, CCW permits, and/or recent 4473's would be insurance for ALL involved.
Link Posted: 12/23/2004 10:11:17 AM EDT
[#11]
no problem .. bettersafe than sorry.  How does one go about getting 'OOS CCW certs'?

Link Posted: 12/23/2004 10:17:52 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
While MrPx is on talking to the lawyer...

Anybody have issues with background checks or current OOS CCW certs in lieu of? Recent 4473's should be okay too (proves you're not a violent felon), but I'd rather not be associated with scam artists and petty theives.

Not accusing anyone of not being on the up-and-up, but if you'll have even limited access to my toys (not to mention my SSN), I'd like to be sure.  Background checks, CCW permits, and/or recent 4473's would be insurance for ALL involved.

I have no problem, hell I just let the DA run one on me when he signed my suppresor paperwork.
Link Posted: 12/23/2004 10:59:02 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
How does one go about getting 'OOS CCW certs'?

Sorry for the jargon.

Out Of State Concealed Carry Weapon certifications.

For instance, I have both a Florida and a Virginia non-resident concealed carry licence.  Both required me to have an FBI (figerprinted) background check to verify my non-felon status.

Packing.org is the best way to find out about how a Wisconsin resident could get a non-resident licence.  Florida ($117) is the best deal going.  They accept hunter's ed. as acceptable pistol training, and you do not have to show up in person.  Door-to-door should take no more than 60 90 days.

Evidently Florida is getting slower, but at least you can now get your permit signed by Charles Bronson.  

I only got Katherine Harris.

[Edit to make the link hot, and update on the FL Non-res permits]
Link Posted: 12/23/2004 11:09:28 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
How does one go about getting 'OOS CCW certs'?

Sorry for the jargon.

Out Of State Concealed Carry Weapon certifications.

For instance, I have both a Florida and a Virginia non-resident concealed carry licence.  Both required me to have an FBI (figerprinted) background check to verify my non-felon status.

Packing.org is the best way to find out about how a Wisconsin resident could get a non-resident licence.  Florida ($117) is the best deal going.  They accept hunter's ed. as acceptable pistol training, and you do not have to show up in person.  Door-to-door should take no more than 60 90 days.

Evidently Florida is getting slower, but at least you can now get your permit signed by Charles Bronson.  

I only got Katherine Harris.

[Edit to make the link hot, and update on the FL Non-res permits]

Good to know on the time fram as mine(florida non res application) needs to go in sometime soon. But first I got a couple other things to take care of, like my fingerprints and pics for the suppresor and this whole LLC thing.
Link Posted: 12/23/2004 9:23:08 PM EDT
[#15]
All the attorneys I had lined up were on lunch when I stopped by, so Monday I'll go again.  Anyhow, I'm trying to get the LLC started up before I got into the details, such as contracts and bylaws.  I do like the verification idea, seeing as how a lot of people I've never met have recently jumped in.
Link Posted: 12/23/2004 9:26:48 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
All the attorneys I had lined up were on lunch when I stopped by, so Monday I'll go again.  Anyhow, I'm trying to get the LLC started up before I got into the details, such as contracts and bylaws.  I do like the verification idea, seeing as how a lot of people I've never met have recently jumped in.

You need to have a draft copy of the agreement to work the details, period.  Feel free to call (stop by?) and I can get you what you need.

Verification is a good thing, but we don't wanna go too far.  Give me a yell.
Link Posted: 12/23/2004 10:24:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Something that we also need to do is get everyone together to work out the details.

I would also like to meet some of the people who have opted in on this that I have never met before.
Link Posted: 12/23/2004 10:45:55 PM EDT
[#18]
I don't have any problem with verification.
I've passed stringent background checks to work at a government lab.

I have the paper work kit around here somewhere for a Florida non-res permit.
I've been putting that off for a while, but 90 days turn around seems like its out of line with MrpX's schedule.
A hand full of folks are ready to go and trying to move on this.

I agree that verification makes all the sense in the world, but I don't know how to manage it at this point.
I've got a current hunting license; I think they screen for felonies.
I've got a medic's license, they background check for that 'cause you handle drugs.
That's about all I could some up with on short notice.
I don't want to go buy a raven just for the 4473.

I'd like to think I have some credibility based on the personal interaction between members.
We've certainly alotted some credibility to the folks we've met, or I could never sell this to my wife.

The tax thing is a bigger issue than its being portrayed.
MrPX and I both, but seperately, intend to use the LLC to transact business.
Having nothing to do with class 3 anything, we intend to resell "stuff" and turn a profit.
Obviously, the tax on whatever profit he makes is his to pay, and my profit is mine to pay, but ...

That's the type of thing we need to write into bylaws, or however its done.
We'll both need to be able transact business without driving over to someone else's house to get a group signature on every darned check.

We can make up complicated paper work and lengthy bylaws and try to forsee everything, but the bottom line is that we have to trust each other quite a bit.

Link Posted: 12/24/2004 4:17:23 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I don't have any problem with verification.
I've passed stringent background checks to work at a government lab.

I have the paper work kit around here somewhere for a Florida non-res permit.
I've been putting that off for a while, but 90 days turn around seems like its out of line with MrpX's schedule.
A hand full of folks are ready to go and trying to move on this.

I agree that verification makes all the sense in the world, but I don't know how to manage it at this point.
I've got a current hunting license; I think they screen for felonies.
I've got a medic's license, they background check for that 'cause you handle drugs.
That's about all I could some up with on short notice.
I don't want to go buy a raven just for the 4473.

I'd like to think I have some credibility based on the personal interaction between members.
We've certainly alotted some credibility to the folks we've met, or I could never sell this to my wife.

The tax thing is a bigger issue than its being portrayed.
MrPX and I both, but seperately, intend to use the LLC to transact business.
Having nothing to do with class 3 anything, we intend to resell "stuff" and turn a profit.
Obviously, the tax on whatever profit he makes is his to pay, and my profit is mine to pay, but ...

That's the type of thing we need to write into bylaws, or however its done.
We'll both need to be able transact business without driving over to someone else's house to get a group signature on every darned check.

We can make up complicated paper work and lengthy bylaws and try to forsee everything, but the bottom line is that we have to trust each other quite a bit.

Add me to that too...
Link Posted: 12/24/2004 8:57:50 AM EDT
[#20]
Photo, I figured that would be the case.
Not about you particularly, but as a general sentiment about the other members.
The demographic of people involved ... own computers, have internet connections, are into guns, shooting, and arfcom, .... volunteer to help each other out, get together for fellowship activities ..... most are family oriented, many own property or are heading that way, assertive about their rights ....

It tends to be an outgoing and enterprising bunch of folks, so I figured there'd be others that wanted to capitalize on opportunity.

This is one of the rare occasions that I think an honor system could actually be functional.
Not only are we dealing with good people, but .....
The board of directors is populated by folks who are dangerous when agitated.
Link Posted: 12/24/2004 9:16:28 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Photo, I figured that would be the case.
Not about you particularly, but as a general sentiment about the other members.
The demographic of people involved ... own computers, have internet connections, are into guns, shooting, and arfcom, .... volunteer to help each other out, get together for fellowship activities ..... most are family oriented, many own property or are heading that way, assertive about their rights ....

It tends to be an outgoing and enterprising bunch of folks, so I figured there'd be others that wanted to capitalize on opportunity.

This is one of the rare occasions that I think an honor system could actually be functional.
Not only are we dealing with good people, but .....
The board of directors is populated by folks who are dangerous when agitated.

Showing up at a board meeting to go postal would be a bad mistake in other words
Link Posted: 12/24/2004 12:05:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Folks,

I just met with MrPx, and we hashed over some Operating Agreement boilerplate that is based on my own LLC's.

Please IM me your email addy's, and I will send out .RTF (or MS Word .doc, your choice) version.  We will need everybody's OK before this goes to a lawyer.

Thanks all, and if you don't hear from me, Merry Christmas!

Link Posted: 12/24/2004 5:39:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 12/24/2004 8:30:50 PM EDT
[#24]
sent
Link Posted: 12/25/2004 1:09:45 AM EDT
[#25]
Sent
MS Word
Link Posted: 12/25/2004 4:40:20 AM EDT
[#26]
Good morning, and Merry Christmas!

I still need email addy's from TravisAsen, Rugger and anyone else who wants in.

In the email, you'll get the MSWord doc, a list of potential upfront and yearly costs, along with some of the potential issues that will need to be dealt with as addendums to the agreement.  It will probably go out tomorrow night.

We will really need to get together for a FTF meeting before everything is finalized.  This may seem overly cautious, but I don't think we've ever met Travis, Robb, and Rugger in person; while MrPx, Photoman, Tattoo, Throttle Junkie, and myself have all gotten together for shoots / training / meals etc.

Start thinking of potential meet & greet dates / locations.
Link Posted: 12/25/2004 5:03:28 AM EDT
[#27]
Well as far as the meet and greet goes, where is everyone at that is inolved with this?? I know MrPX and I are in the same city, and FMD is rather close to us as well as Throttle Junkie. I'm back to working 10-12 days between days off but will do my best to make whatever we decide on.
Link Posted: 12/25/2004 8:37:55 AM EDT
[#28]
Kenosha here. Email sent with my email address.
Link Posted: 12/25/2004 11:36:26 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 12/25/2004 4:17:12 PM EDT
[#30]
I was at famous Daves for ARFCOM dinner Am I That Forgettable
Link Posted: 12/25/2004 4:47:14 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 12/25/2004 9:52:01 PM EDT
[#32]
Hey Tat!

Got a Christmas present from Ed today

Link Posted: 12/25/2004 10:25:11 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 12/26/2004 6:46:02 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
I was at famous Daves for ARFCOM dinner Am I That Forgettable

Damn Rob!

Sorry about that!  That's what happens when you sit next to my wife...

Link Posted: 12/26/2004 9:52:49 AM EDT
[#35]
FMD when are you sending out the email???
Link Posted: 12/26/2004 3:39:05 PM EDT
[#36]
Still working on it and other questions...

Paitience, grasshopper!
Link Posted: 12/26/2004 10:37:14 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 12/27/2004 5:05:12 AM EDT
[#38]
Yeah, I'll stop by Tat, but I dunno when (when will you be there?).  I've kinda blown off work for the last week...

Okay,

I have email going out to: Mark, Rob, Ray, Justin, and Eric.

Although we talked on Friday, I need an email for Will and anyone else (Travis?) who wants in.

-FMD
Link Posted: 12/27/2004 5:08:32 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 12/27/2004 5:22:42 AM EDT
[#40]
actually, I think I'm going to do one on my own or  with a friend here in Oconomowoc.    I'll be watching how your llc goes with great interest.

Good Luck!

Travis
Link Posted: 12/27/2004 5:43:26 AM EDT
[#41]
Sorry to hear that Travis...Good luck back atcha.

Email away to everyone.  If you "reply to all" as requested, please change "Mr" to "Mister" on the last addy, as I got Will's handle incorrect.
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 9:09:01 AM EDT
[#42]
Well I just found some funding... so I'm wondering where you guys are with this and if I would still be able to get in.

Thanks,
-Jason
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 1:48:12 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 2:00:43 AM EDT
[#44]
Speaking of the LLC, we have to get a meet set up.  Weekends are good for me, sat. afternoons through sunday nights.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 4:14:21 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Speaking of the LLC, we have to get a meet set up.  Weekends are good for me, sat. afternoons through sunday nights.

Normaly anything after 3pm is good for me.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 4:35:14 AM EDT
[#46]
Mugenlude, you should prolly IM MrPx, rather than me for the lowdown, but I might be able to hook you up with some documentation.

As far as the meet...

It looks like TJ, MPX, PM, Tat, Rob, and I have all joined up on the Y! group I established.

Rugger, we're waiting on you...

On the left hand side, there is a link for a calendar.  If you put the dates that you WONT be available, it might narrow down what's available.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 11:31:05 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

As far as the meet...

It looks like TJ, MPX, PM, Tat, Rob, and I have all joined up on the Y! group I established.

On the left hand side, there is a link for a calendar.  If you put the dates that you WONT be available, it might narrow down what's available.

Do you have a link to the Y! Group, I don't see a link to it in this thread....
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 1:39:58 PM EDT
[#48]
Mug,

No link, you've got to get an invite.

ETA: Invite sent.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 2:27:32 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 8:12:53 PM EDT
[#50]
Sunday would work for me, I have a pistol match Sat. night.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top