Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 7:52:18 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Sometimes being right isn't just being right.  If NYS suddenly passed a law that made it legal to sell cocaine to children under the age of 10, would you run out and buy a kilo and hit up your nearest elementary school or wait and see if someone fucked up?

Conversely when someone says to me I have to comply because "it is the law", I have to ask them "so if you lived in Holland in the early 1940's you would have turned in Anne Frank, if you knew where she was, because it was the law?".  I usually get the look that they consider me an idiot at that point but I think the argument is valid.

Link Posted: 2/16/2013 8:56:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Sometimes being right isn't just being right.  If NYS suddenly passed a law that made it legal to sell cocaine to children under the age of 10, would you run out and buy a kilo and hit up your nearest elementary school or wait and see if someone fucked up?

Conversely when someone says to me I have to comply because "it is the law", I have to ask them "so if you lived in Holland in the early 1940's you would have turned in Anne Frank, if you knew where she was, because it was the law?".  I usually get the look that they consider me an idiot at that point but I think the argument is valid.

I dont think that youre an idiot at all

Legality does not establish morality; slavery was "legal" as was apartheid. Legality alone cannot be the talisman of moral people.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 10:43:12 AM EDT
[#3]
FUCK...EVERYBODY!!!
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 10:47:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
FUCK...EVERYBODY!!!

+1000
This better work out in court fast or my head might explode!  

Link Posted: 2/16/2013 11:19:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm not talking for or against compliance.  Just speaking to the people who want to, for whatever reason, be in compliance.  Every discussion of SAFE doesn't need to turn into the DO NOT COMPLY shit show.  Personally I have no comment on compliance and never will, so if that's what you think I'm talking about, now or ever, reconsider; simply a discussion of what is and will be within the law in the present and near future.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 11:53:46 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

FUCK...EVERYBODY!!!

+1000

This better work out in court fast or my head might explode!  

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top