Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 10:30:05 PM EDT
[#1]
......any chance (re)considering holding it in casa grande??

..for the children

... actually for tucson folks perhaps (and yourself)
[one hour drive for tucson people, slightly less than that for phoenix people.]

just inquiring, i don't want to spoil it for the current 13.

thanks for keeping us apprised and putting in all the effort!

btw, i am interested, but probably not drive to phoenix sunday night interested, at this moment... (assuming that i meet your invite requirements too)
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 10:40:54 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
......any chance (re)considering holding it in casa grande??

..for the children

... actually for tucson folks perhaps (and yourself)
[one hour drive for tucson people, slightly less than that for phoenix people.]

just inquiring, i don't want to spoil it for the current 13.

thanks for keeping us apprised and putting in all the effort!

btw, i am interested, but probably not drive to phoenix sunday night interested, at this moment... (assuming that i meet your invite requirements too)

We can do that too...Let's see what the other guys say..Casa Grande would be awesome and we have a Famous Sams here and a McMashers which has off track betting for the gamblers and they have one of the best pastrami sandwiches I have ever had...
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 5:58:49 AM EDT
[#3]
I could be in for the East Valley on the 21st. Probably just the Utah portion. That will get me the reciprocity that I want. Let me know. Do I need to come up with a passport photo? This is a bit of short notice. Maybe wait a week and you'll get more response.
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 1:49:19 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm from the west valley and Casa Grande on a Suday would be pretty tough for me! If we maybe postponed to like next Saturday I could make the drive! East valley I could probably make not sure since its 3 days away! I'll also check to see if my buddy can make it I just signed him up on the forums last week!
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 6:16:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Im in Mesa.  If the class in in Casa Grand, can we do it on a saturday?  I have to be at work at 6:30am weekdays.
Thanks
Mike
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 8:06:52 PM EDT
[#6]
I vote for Casa Grande. I can possibly swinf sunday. Do you have to have all the money then or do I just need to get money orders to send to the states
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 8:22:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Ok..Let's do 2 of them...One in Casa Grande this Sunday the 21st at 5:00 at the Famous Sams located off of Exit 194 (Florence Blvd) next to Big 5..

Then, for you Saturday the guys, tentative next Saturday the 27th at a place in the East Valley at the same time. Someone scout out a spot off of the freeway somewhere...

I understand it's short notice, but many of you have been asking me for a while and I finally got an answer from DPS, so let's GIT-R-DONE....

And as far as money is concerned, you pay the state that you are getting the permit in when you send your app in to them..Not me..And yes, you will have to eventually get a passport photo for Utah when you send your app and check in for the permit. Walgreens does them for $7.99/2, so SMILE...
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 8:31:31 PM EDT
[#8]

Saturday the 27th would work best for me.

How about at Hooter's in Tempe on Mill Ave.

Wings, BEER, HOOTER'S, and Gun Talk! Nice combination.  

Lunch or Dinner? You call it Paul.
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 8:36:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Hooters....mmmmm..

I was hoping you would do it Sunday so we could go bust some caps at the range down the street beforehand..

But, Hooters is fine next Saturday too...I can bust a zipper instead...

Anyone for busting some caps Sunday before Famous Sams?
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 9:58:53 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm definetly in for somewhere in the E. Valley.Doesn't matter if it's Sat or Sun.
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 10:20:34 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Ok..Let's do 2 of them...One in Casa Grande this Sunday the 21st at 5:00 at the Famous Sams located off of Exit 194 (Florence Blvd) next to Big 5..

Then, for you Saturday the guys, tentative next Saturday the 27th at a place in the East Valley at the same time. Someone scout out a spot off of the freeway somewhere...

I understand it's short notice, but many of you have been asking me for a while and I finally got an answer from DPS, so let's GIT-R-DONE....

And as far as money is concerned, you pay the state that you are getting the permit in when you send your app in to them..Not me..And yes, you will have to eventually get a passport photo for Utah when you send your app and check in for the permit. Walgreens does them for $7.99/2, so SMILE...

Ok, I am in for sat the 27th. since there are two dates that is an easier one for me. Besides I have been looking for a reason to head up to phoenix, this is it, just let me know the place and I will be there.
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 3:32:12 AM EDT
[#12]
See you Sunday 17:00 @ Famous Sam's.

Thanks a bazillion!!!

SD
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 5:57:41 AM EDT
[#13]
I'm in for the Utah class on Saturday the 27th. I'll stay tuned for when and where.
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 9:45:31 AM EDT
[#14]
Thanks for all your hard work AZ_Redneck!  Unfortunantly, I probably won't be able to attend so someone can have my spot. :(  I got laid off last month and I am still looking for a job and with a wife and 2 kids, I just don't have the money right now for the CCW permits...  Maybe next time!!

Thanks
Ian
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 11:43:21 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Thanks for all your hard work AZ_Redneck!  Unfortunantly, I probably won't be able to attend so someone can have my spot. :(  I got laid off last month and I am still looking for a job and with a wife and 2 kids, I just don't have the money right now for the CCW permits...  Maybe next time!!

Thanks
Ian

IM inbound (I originally said IM coming, but that sounded real gay)
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 1:07:26 PM EDT
[#16]
If it's OK, I will be bringing two or three new board members with me Sunday 9/21): assuming the class is not already filled up.

Let me know.

Thanks again.

SD
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 6:25:46 PM EDT
[#17]
How about Claim Jummper @ Arizona Mills Mall?  What time on Sat the 27th?  I vote 12pm and later, or fist thing in the morning.

I think somewere between Riggs road, I-10, and US-60 and I-10.  Or we could do it downtown in Phx.
If you want to do some shooting in the morning then there is Rio Salito In the N.E. of Mesa.  They open at 7am,if you have a Key to the members gate. I have a key, as im sure other people that read this does.

Looking forward to it.
Mike

Link Posted: 9/19/2003 7:51:17 PM EDT
[#18]
I now have a group of three (counting myself)for Sunday night; 80% probability group will expand to four. Are we still okay?

Thanks.

SD
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 10:10:19 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I now have a group of three (counting myself)for Sunday night; 80% probability group will expand to four. Are we still okay?

Thanks.

SD

Affirmative...

With sailordude's party of 4, we're up to 17. I have put UWP and Redbone on the list and unfortunatly taken Ianq off...But, Ianq will get one on the next go around...I'll order more forms in a couple of weeks...
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 9:16:57 AM EDT
[#20]
Hooters of Ahwatukee
4804 East Chandler Blvd. #100
Phoenix, AZ 85044

480-496-0004
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 9:17:46 AM EDT
[#21]
Hooters of Tempe
501 South Mill Avenue
Suite 201
Tempe, AZ 85281

480-967-2222
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 11:37:01 AM EDT
[#22]
Our fourth just waved off (girlfriend stuff). We'll be inbound with only three.

17:00 Famous Sam's. Do we need brightly colored shirts with flamingos on them to qualify for FL CCW?

Best,

SD
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 1:28:46 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:
--snip--
Thanks.

SD

Affirmative...

With sailordude's party of 4, we're up to 17. I have put UWP and Redbone on the list and unfortunatly taken Ianq off...But, Ianq will get one on the next go around...I'll order more forms in a couple of weeks...

thanks Az_Redneck, i will be there
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 2:46:43 PM EDT
[#24]
I just found this info on the "Famous Sams" in Casa Grande.
Looks like we will be going to that one.

Casa Grande
Address:
1334 E. Florence Boulevard
Casa Grande, AZ 85222

Crossroads:
I-10 exit 194. West on Florence for 2 miles
Colorado / Florence Ave. in the Casa Grande Shopping Plaza

Telephone:
520-421-1310

Fax:
520-421-1317

Hours:
Restaurant:
Everyday 11 to 1 a.m.
Football Season:
Open at 10 a.m. everyday
Happy Hour:
Monday through Friday 3 to 6 p.m.
Karaoke:
Wednesdays 9 p.m. to 12:30 a.m. and Sundays 8:30 to 11:30 p.m.
(Must be 21 or older)

Function Room:
Yes, up to 117 people. Contact Debra Gorney at 520-421-1310.

Link Posted: 9/20/2003 3:04:06 PM EDT
[#25]
and some info links:

Utah:
cfp(concealed firearm permit) home-
www.bci.utah.gov/CFP/CFPHome.html
basic information-
www.bci.utah.gov/CFP/CFNewApp.html
application-
[note- they take visa/mc for application payment,...according to the application]
www.bci.utah.gov/CFP/ccwapp.pdf
course guidelines-
www.bci.utah.gov/CFP/TRANGUIDELINES.pdf
some of the laws [76-10-5XX section]-
www.le.state.ut.us/~code/TITLE76/76_0C.htm

---------------------------------

Florida:
concealed weapons/firearms home-
licgweb.doacs.state.fl.us/weapons/index.html
excellent reciprocity page-
licgweb.doacs.state.fl.us/news/concealed_carry.html
laws-
Chapter 790 Weapons and Firearms
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 6:21:22 PM EDT
[#26]
Kareoke huh? Ok..who's stayin to sing...Maybe I'll make that a criteria to get your permit..You gotta sing for it..

See you guys there....I'll be the only fat guy with a big stack of yellow envelopes next to him drinking an iced tea....

Link Posted: 9/20/2003 9:27:11 PM EDT
[#27]
I prefer next weekend in the East Valley (tomorrow is not good for me ... and Casa Grande is a long way from Cave Creek).

Are we sure Hooters is a good venue for this, and that we won't be too ... umm ... distracted? Aren't we supposed to be "paying attention" to what Az_Redneck is talking about? An afternoon / evening session would be better (on weekends, I don't want to have to drag my ass out of bed until the sun has been up for at least an hour).
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 9:58:43 PM EDT
[#28]
I can't access packing.org anymore.Can someone tell me if NV accepts UT or FL non-resident permits?
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 7:16:59 AM EDT
[#29]
AZ_ Redneck said
"Kareoke huh? Ok..who's stayin to sing...Maybe I'll make that a criteria to get your permit..You gotta sing for it.."

Well you havend heard me sing, it would clear the place out.

Any way I just would like to say what a great guy AZ_Redneck is for doing this for us.  I am a true beliver in what goes around comes around.  So AZ_Redneck is in for some postive things to happen.

AZ_redneck, you didnt by any chance teach a CCW class in Safford AZ?  It would of been Feb/Mar of this year.

Well guys we will se you all in a few hours, 8 hours 45 minutes to be exact.

Mike & Joanna
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 2:45:51 PM EDT
[#30]
Casa Grande here we come!
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 9:52:01 PM EDT
[#31]
Well, the 1st meeting went well..All a bunch of really great people...Thanks everyone for kicking in..Not expected at all...

Ok..On to Awatukee Hooters for Saturday at 5:00. It's right off the freeway..Please let me know if you are going to be there and how many in your party. I have 15 applications left until I have to beg the various states for more...Who's in for wings, beer, iced tea, and a bunch of owls? (Hooters, right?)

Oh, and if you get lost or you're gonna be late, please don't call Hooters and ask to speak to the redneck in the bar...Huh sailordude? lol

Paul
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 10:40:05 PM EDT
[#32]

Which exit off I-10 for Hooters and East or West side of I-10.  

I'll be their!
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 11:01:15 PM EDT
[#33]
i'm there. this should be interesting.
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 4:36:52 AM EDT
[#34]
Yes it was a great time.  I just cant rembember what every ones names were.  Let alone your AR15 names.  Well, Im the guy that brought the blond(my wife).  I hate the fact that im so bad with names. so Could we get a roll call of every one that was there.  I hate to make new freinds and forget who they are this quickly.

Again many thanks to AZ_Redneck.  We really appricate your time.  It was well worth it.

Link Posted: 9/23/2003 4:39:16 PM EDT
[#35]
Redneck, I'm gonna have to back out of this one.NV,CA and MA are the only places I might need a CCW and UT and FL don't work in those states.
Link Posted: 9/23/2003 6:23:56 PM EDT
[#36]
NV,CA and MA are the only places I might need a CCW

CCW in MA +/or CA?

Good f!!!@#$%^&*(ing luck!

Before you head into one of those communist rat-holes make darned sure that:

A: Your passport is current;

B: You know where the nearest American embassy is and;

C: You have good contacts in the underground resistance movement who can smuggle you back to the U.S. if you are forced to defend yourself.

SD
Link Posted: 9/23/2003 8:37:31 PM EDT
[#37]
Hey Redneck- give me a call about Saturday when you wake your ass up tomorrow afternoon (or tonight:-)
Any update on new states Arizona recognizes for reciprocity?

Carbine10- take the Chandler Blvd exit off I-10, head West, Hooters is in a a plaze on the right at the corner if Chandler & 48th
Link Posted: 9/23/2003 8:51:53 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Hey Redneck- give me a call about Saturday when you wake your ass up tomorrow afternoon (or tonight:-)
Any update on new states Arizona recognizes for reciprocity?

Carbine10- take the Chandler Blvd exit off I-10, head West, Hooters is in a a plaze on the right at the corner if Chandler & 48th

I'm up now biatch! Just be there...cuz YOU'RE buying!..5:00 at the Hooters in Chandler.. Think your wife will let you go?

No more states other than the 6 we already have... But, there are more we recognize for those who live in those states and visit here, but they haven't told us yet who they are..doh!

And carbine10, you're grounded! You are to keep your hands in your pockets at ALL times! AND NO HOLES IN YOUR POCKETS EITHER! JLA will be on boner patrol!
Link Posted: 9/23/2003 9:00:27 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
NV,CA and MA are the only places I might need a CCW

CCW in MA +/or CA?

Good f!!!@#$%^&*(ing luck!

Before you head into one of those communist rat-holes make darned sure that:

A: Your passport is current;

B: You know where the nearest American embassy is and;

C: You have good contacts in the underground resistance movement who can smuggle you back to the U.S. if you are forced to defend yourself.

SD

Well, I figured I'd never get one for CA but I already have a MA CCW as I'm an expatriot of that state as of August of last month and still have family back there.I'm just surprised NV won't issue non-resident permits.
Link Posted: 9/23/2003 9:39:39 PM EDT
[#40]
Actually, we have plans that afternoon, so I'm not sure if we'll make it back in time... but if so, chances are my wife and son will be stopping in with me to say hi.

I've been meaning to take him in to Hooters anyway... it's about time... and I bet you anything he'd be the most popular guy there... talk about Hooters girls swooning over a cute guy... you ain't seen nothing 'til you see my little chick magnet workin a room
Link Posted: 9/23/2003 9:54:27 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Actually, we have plans that afternoon, so I'm not sure if we'll make it back in time... but if so, chances are my wife and son will be stopping in with me to say hi.

I've been meaning to take him in to Hooters anyway... it's about time... and I bet you anything he'd be the most popular guy there... talk about Hooters girls swooning over a cute guy... you ain't seen nothing 'til you see my little chick magnet workin a room

Yeah, I know the feeling..I get the same response from chicks..But mine is more of a "mercy" smile knowing that I am old and will be kicking the bucket soon..Maybe they're hoping I'll remember they smiled or spoke to me and I'll put them in my will or something...

I was in a restaurant the other day and a waitress who was a couple years older than my daughter called me "sweetie" and "honey"..Talk about working the old guy for a good tip... I'll bet her trainer said to call the old guys honey and sweetie and they'll leave a big tip..

Nope, I REFUSE to answer if I left her a big tip... I'll tell you what though, I didn't give her the "tip" I WANTED to give her
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 10:47:44 AM EDT
[#42]
COUNT ME IN!!!  I am close to UT, where would you be giving this class AZ_RED???  
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 7:30:07 PM EDT
[#43]
but I already have a MA CCW as I'm an expatriot of that state as of August of last month

Welcome to America!

Anything we can do to help you smuggle your family out over the Berlin MA wall?

Luck,

SD
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 8:18:53 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
but I already have a MA CCW as I'm an expatriot of that state as of August of last month

Welcome to America!

Anything we can do to help you smuggle your family out over the Berlin MA wall?

Luck,

SD

Thanks SD,
I got my parents out.They moved to Palominas last month.It's my inlaws that don't plan on moving.
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 10:16:02 PM EDT
[#45]
AZ-Redneck,

add 1 to my party, my buddy just said he could go. thanks.
Link Posted: 9/26/2003 7:11:03 AM EDT
[#46]
When and where of Utah class this weekend???
Link Posted: 9/26/2003 2:04:01 PM EDT
[#47]
Hooters in Chandler 5:00pm or 1700 hours for you military types...

I-10 to Chandler Blvd. Go west and it's on the right hand side (I think on 48th st)....

See you there...

Paul
(Please don't call Hooters and ask to speak with a redneck like someone else did)

And, JLA might try to get the phone...
Link Posted: 9/26/2003 2:09:26 PM EDT
[#48]
That's tomorrow as in Saturday right?
Link Posted: 9/26/2003 2:27:15 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
That's tomorrow as in Saturday right?

Affirmative..Saturday the 27th day of September in the year of our Lord 2003 at 1700 hours PST or 2300 hours GMT or Zulu time.... 5:00PM  

Sorry I don't have GPS coordinates....
Link Posted: 9/26/2003 2:54:53 PM EDT
[#50]
I'm the tall dorky guy. Yell over here if I look lost.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top