Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/29/2004 4:20:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Kaboom will be there, he said he'll bring a heater, but he's out of propane. I'll see what I got.
Link Posted: 12/29/2004 6:05:24 AM EDT
[#2]
I got some propane, and we're meeting our bud there at 9.
Link Posted: 12/29/2004 6:11:59 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I got some propane, and we're meeting our bud there at 9.

Cool beans. I may just have to show up a little early than.
Link Posted: 12/30/2004 11:01:30 AM EDT
[#4]
TJ, I hate to be the messenger of bad news, but it's a safety issue, so I'll be blunt; That rifle isn't safe to shoot.

In looking at the pictures you posted, it's clear that the first stage spring brush manipulator is out of spec, and the bolt return jetteson effect buffer has been ground down. The barrel groove stride fit is misaligned, and the secondary left extractor mag sponge is torn.

In short, you got ripped off terribly, and the rifle is junk. I feel badly for you though, so I'll give you $150 for it.
Link Posted: 12/30/2004 11:13:50 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
In short, you got ripped off terribly, and the rifle is junk. I feel badly for you though, so I'll give you $150 for it.

Hell, I'll give you $150 and throw in Tommy's CAR sling thingy for free.

<hijack>
When am I gonna get that to ya, bud?
</hijack>
Link Posted: 12/30/2004 1:34:16 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hell, I'll give you $150 and throw in Tommy's CAR sling thingy for free.

<hijack>
When am I gonna get that to ya, bud?
</hijack>

Are we gonna do a frozen nuts shoot this year? Otherwise, we could try to put together another dinner.
Link Posted: 12/30/2004 5:00:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Ray's tryin' to put one together.  As long as I'm in town, I'll be there.
Link Posted: 12/30/2004 8:05:42 PM EDT
[#8]
When and where is it?
I may be able to make it. . .
Link Posted: 12/30/2004 10:46:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Get your own fuckin thread, you hijacking bitches .............

If someone comming to the new-years-day shoot has an aimpoint or some of the other nifty toys, please bring 'em.
I want to see what the fuss is all about.

I think the Kobra is a really nice sight, and others refer to it as "pretty good, but its no aimpoint."
It must be fuggin wonderful 'cause I can't see $300++ for one.
Anyways, I'd like to check out whatever aftermarket toys you folks have that were worth the money in your opinion.
Thanks.

FMD, should we show up same time as you two and your sponsor? Or are we coordinating with photoman?
Link Posted: 12/30/2004 11:15:47 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Get your own fuckin thread, you hijacking bitches .............

Krazny: Talk to Tatoo about FNS3.  We have no dates/times/locations as of yet.

If someone coming to the new-years-day shoot has an aimpoint or some of the other nifty toys, please bring 'em. I want to see what the fuss is all about.

We will be bringing a few other AR's (Carrie really wants to get to shoot @ 600 yards), but all need to have something adjusted/sighted/fixed/etc. before they're 100%.  Also, we'll be bringing the P3AT for initial testing.  Oh yeah, no Aimpoint, but I'll bring the REAL DEAL  - my Hakko Tacpoint.  

It must be fuggin wonderful 'cause I can't see $300++ for one.

...and that's why I purchased the TacPoint.  Now, before someone from the Gucci Gear Club comes running over here from optics to bang me over the head with their ACOG, it does have problems.   We'll discuss it on Saturday.

Anyways, I'd like to check out whatever aftermarket toys you folks have that were worth the money in your opinion.

...and that you will have, and in abundance if Mark and Will show up as well.  Between AnnieO and I, there's an M4gery, a CAR A4 HB, and a "SPRminter" (gotta use that more often), all with plenty o' add-ons.  We'll save the gear discussions for when we can get you up to BulletcatchR's place.

FMD, should we show up same time as you two and your sponsor? Or are we coordinating with photoman?

It'll probably be better for you to coordinate with Mark.  Carrie, and I will be getting a sort of "orientation" at 9 (dunno what it involves).  We should be done about the time that everyone else shows up.
Link Posted: 12/31/2004 8:23:36 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Also, we'll be bringing the P3AT for initial testing.

Cool, I can bring a few different flavors of .380 ammo to try feeding it.
Link Posted: 12/31/2004 8:29:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Hmm.  Tell you what, I've pretty well decided what to feed it, but it still needs a break in, and I only have 40 rounds.  Trade ya the .380 ammo for the .223 ammo?

ETA: Thank you.  Not trying to be an ammo snob, really.    Also, I ordered you a NAA extension last night.
Link Posted: 12/31/2004 2:17:24 PM EDT
[#13]
New years day shoot????????????????????????
Link Posted: 12/31/2004 4:07:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Yep, 1/1/2005 here at Bristol on the county line.
Link Posted: 12/31/2004 5:02:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Hmm

Mind if I try and make it?

Carrie really wants to get to shoot @ 600 yards), but all need to have something adjusted/sighted/fixed/etc. before they're 100%

I can drag my DCM gun out.  Iron sights, but I have a 600 yd zero on it.

Hmm, would have to be on the road by 7 tho. . .
Link Posted: 12/31/2004 7:29:13 PM EDT
[#16]
I would like to think you mean RCLRC, not Bristol.  I don't really have anymore toys left either , sold most of them off  (yeah yeah, sacrilage and all), but I'll have what I have.  <---  decided to go with the 1, or 4,  gun and know how to use it theorom.  
Link Posted: 1/1/2005 4:10:06 AM EDT
[#17]
Krazny, Hopefully I got this out in time...

Sorry I got back here so late.  MrPx is correct on the range.  Dunno what I was thinking. RCLRC not Bristol (musta gotten that from the thread title).

It's a "members only" club with guests allowed.  We'll be going as guests for sort of an orientation  (Next membership meeting is tomorrow, and we're going to join), with TJ going as PM's guest.

I'm sure we can get you in a someone's guest!

As far as the DCM, feel free.  Our sponsor is Dave Bradford.  I don't think he's been active in CMP/DCM competition for the last few years, but that's his thing as well.  I'm rather certian that he'll be toting his lead-filled brick of an AR out to the range as well.  

See ya'll soon,

-FMD

PS: Mark, you've got IM

Link Posted: 1/1/2005 5:46:02 AM EDT
[#18]
Throttle-Junkie- IM on the way
Link Posted: 1/1/2005 8:05:01 AM EDT
[#19]
LOL

Got lost on my way over there. I figured that out as soon as I ended up in Milwakee. . .

Oh well, maybe next time.
Link Posted: 1/1/2005 1:31:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Too bad you couldn't make it, Kranzy.  There was quite a crew there.  

I didn't post that I'd be going since I wasn't sure until the last second.  I was alone for the first half hour or so, and I was starting to wonder if I had the wrong day.  So, I amused myself, shooting what I had brought.  Glad all my new mags ran fine.

When I had just packed up, Photoman pulled in.  We set a few targets and then the rest of the bunch showed up.  

T-J's new AR was running just fine from what I saw.  You seem to have gotten a good deal there.

Sorry my little heater was a bust - the pilot light kept getting blown out in the wind.  It needs a windbreak.

I had to leave before noon and get some food in me.  I guess skipping supper and breakfast was a bad idea.  

Anyway, good to see everyone.
Link Posted: 1/1/2005 8:13:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Yeah, it ran well.
I wouldn't call it a torture test, but it ate 110 rounds of Winchester white box without any stoppages.
Even my mag with the black follower functioned okay,

I wanted to "battle sight zero" the sights and adjust the front blade.
I also wanted to spend more time checking out other people's toys/configurations and get some trigger time on different setups, but there was a lot happening.
Plus I had an agenda, a good bunch of the stuff that we brought had never been fired by us.
It just sort of happens .... traded into this ... picked up one of those ... pretty soon theres a pile of stuff that's a complete unknown.
Everything ran good.
The mak 90 took a beating and liked it.

I thought the vertical foregrips where for tactical wannabes until captain-bumpalot showed us what is what for.  

There where a bunch of free float tubes and foregrips, but it seemed like most folks ignored them and held the front of the receiver when shooting off hand.
Where they worth the money?
Any tangible accuracy improvement over regular handguards? Marketing hype? Only noticable on the bench shooting at 500m with a 20 power scope?

I dunno what I wanna do with it yet, but its definitely good enough for me to buy it a bunch of mags and stock some ammo.

We've got to do this again; I had a good time.
Link Posted: 1/2/2005 2:58:50 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I thought the vertical foregrips where for tactical wannabes until captain-bumpalot showed us what is what for.  

There where a bunch of free float tubes and foregrips, but it seemed like most folks ignored them and held the front of the receiver when shooting off hand.
Any tangible accuracy improvement over regular handguards? Marketing hype? Only noticable on the bench shooting at 500m with a 20 power scope?

Vertical grips:

"Cap'n-Bumpalot"

MrPx claims I have a deathgrip on my foregrip.  I like it, but I'm also using a railed forearm for a flashlight.  Although I don't use the front of the magwell, if I had to do it over again, I'd prolly opt NOT to use either, and put the light on the FSB, and go with the sandard (thin) CAR handguards.

AnnieO's carbine doesn't have either the railed forend or a VFG, and in truth, it doesn't need one (nice n' light, evn with the 16" HB).

FF Tubes:

Yep, when you're shooting past 300 yards, have a 1"+ barrel under the handguards and a 16x scope on the flat-top, it's prolly required, but other than that; I'm guessing it's overkill.

You got my number, and Carrie and I are members now.  You know plenty of the other folks there.  I'm guessing you just have to call one of us and invite yourselves out.
Link Posted: 1/2/2005 4:24:14 PM EDT
[#23]
I am sold on FFing any barrel for rifles.

Which is why I'll get a DD or Troy rail for my M4 eventually.
It does help, esp at long range.
Link Posted: 1/2/2005 9:13:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Am I gonna hafta change my screen name now?
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 5:18:01 AM EDT
[#25]
If you do, I'll change mine to "DeathGrip".  
Link Posted: 1/4/2005 6:03:18 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Yeah, it ran well.
I wouldn't call it a torture test, but it ate 110 rounds of Winchester white box without any stoppages.
Even my mag with the black follower functioned okay,

I wanted to "battle sight zero" the sights and adjust the front blade.
I also wanted to spend more time checking out other people's toys/configurations and get some trigger time on different setups, but there was a lot happening.
Plus I had an agenda, a good bunch of the stuff that we brought had never been fired by us.
It just sort of happens .... traded into this ... picked up one of those ... pretty soon theres a pile of stuff that's a complete unknown.
Everything ran good.
The mak 90 took a beating and liked it.

I dunno what I wanna do with it yet, but its definitely good enough for me to buy it a bunch of mags and stock some ammo.

The vertical grips are a thing of beauty if you like to use them. They help keep control of the muzzel climb, and they help keep you a smaller target, if you use it properly. I dodn't know what the heck I did with the vert grip for my one gun, sop thats why I used the magwell most of the time with the scopped gun. I actually find that using the vert grip is more comfortable and natural for me than just holding onto the forestock. Thats why you'll always see me holding either the forward grip or using the magwell.

As for the free float tubes, well anything that can take some stress off the barrel is a good thing. And it will imporve accurecy, will you notice it, probably not especially at close ranges, but as you move out further, you'll see it. You'll also see it more from shooting from supported positions that you will from unsuported positions. But I don't really have them for the FF I have them because of the rails, the free floating is just a nice secondary to me.

Oh and gun scrubber or something similar should take the green paint off that A1 birdcage.
Link Posted: 1/4/2005 7:22:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Sorry I missed you guys.  My dad wanted to break in his new winchester .30-30 on sunday, but then he got sick, so I went by myself and put 110 through my boring ole a2.  You guys and all your toys.  I don't have any toys on mine.  But it's still fun to shoot.  Oh wait, I swapped out the standard grip for a hogue.  WOW!! That's the extent of my extra's.  I've got enough problems just keeping my guns fed.  And just so you know, my dad just ordered a cmp garand with 1k of m2 ball.  But anyways, PHOTOMAN, how's the .40 cal??????????????

Sounds like ya'll had fun.

On sunday, I got to shoot someone's m1a.  Very beautiful.
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 12:28:37 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Sorry I missed you guys.  My dad wanted to break in his new winchester .30-30 on sunday, but then he got sick, so I went by myself and put 110 through my boring ole a2.  You guys and all your toys.  I don't have any toys on mine.  But it's still fun to shoot.  Oh wait, I swapped out the standard grip for a hogue.  WOW!! That's the extent of my extra's.  I've got enough problems just keeping my guns fed.  And just so you know, my dad just ordered a cmp garand with 1k of m2 ball.  But anyways, PHOTOMAN, how's the .40 cal??????????????

Sounds like ya'll had fun.

On sunday, I got to shoot someone's m1a.  Very beautiful.

the 40 is fun, but mags are $$$$$$$$
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 11:55:17 AM EDT
[#29]
Anyone that was out new years day have pics?
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 6:26:23 PM EDT
[#30]
We took a few and FMD took a few.

Unfortunately we were both using film cameras.
That roll is almost used up now.
(Pictures of the cat and other nonsense.)
I'll try to remember to get a picture cd with the processing so they're easy to share.

Link Posted: 1/9/2005 3:17:39 AM EDT
[#31]
It might be a while before I finish that roll.  Speaking of pics; PM you owe me a CD of the DE course!
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:15:23 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
It might be a while before I finish that roll.  Speaking of pics; PM you owe me a CD of the DE course!

It's sitting on top of my computer right now.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top