BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 6/11/2008 7:28:49 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Quoted:
2) this one dressed like a farmer or merchent, representing armed citizens defending their homes.
You mean like this?

Mel Gibson Movie The Patriot

Or this

The drawing for the t shirt wouldn't have to look like Mel Gibson, but the concept of a bloody revolutionary war soldier with an AR at sling arms or at the low ready, with a hatchet in his belt with fire in his eyes against the "Gadsen" Flag "Don't Tread on Me" would, in my opinion, be pretty cool.

Or there is the oldie but goodie "Molon Labe" as a title along with the AR15.com tag
Link Posted: 6/11/2008 2:28:36 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I dont want to be a wet mop, but there may be some legal implications regarding the use of the Great Seal. I poked around the COV for a minute and couldnt find anything specific, but I seem to recall there being something about using the Great Seal without authorization.

Jim

A few years ago, one of the vendors on arfcom was offering AR lowers with customized engraving.  One of the designs was the VA State seal.  I got two of them, but he had to stop selling them as there is a law or regulation forbidding the use of the seal.

Also, let's not have a design that looks like something a furrie, like Kit Wolfen, would wear.  Not that I have anything against Kit, I am sure he's a very nice young man, but a 55 y.o. guy might not want something like that.  I kind of like that VCDL Minute Man logo.

Link Posted: 6/11/2008 2:36:25 PM EDT
[#3]
we WV guys are out numbered i guess that means we have to wear a shirt  with a Butterfly on it.  

kidding, kidding.  But we are way out numbered.
Link Posted: 6/11/2008 2:45:35 PM EDT
[#4]
How about a simular to the second pic of the gator with the boonie on, but it would be a black bear instead of the gator.  
Link Posted: 6/11/2008 6:20:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Perfect.

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
2) this one dressed like a farmer or merchent, representing armed citizens defending their homes.
You mean like this?

images.allmoviephoto.com/2000_The_Patriot/mel_gibson_the_patriot_001.jpg

Or this

images.barnesandnoble.com/images/15360000/15363014.JPG

The drawing for the t shirt wouldn't have to look like Mel Gibson, but the concept of a bloody revolutionary war soldier with an AR at sling arms or at the low ready, with a hatchet in his belt with fire in his eyes against the "Gadsen" Flag "Don't Tread on Me" would, in my opinion, be pretty cool.

Or there is the oldie but goodie "Molon Labe" as a title along with the AR15.com tag
Link Posted: 6/11/2008 8:32:36 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
You mean like this?

Or this

Hey I think ya got somthin there. A flintlock on the shoulder and carrying an AR with a tomahawk in the belt...

You know what's gonna suck.. is I'm gonna end up buying 33 damn shirts or worse yet... 99... all of 'em, 1 in each color!
David
Link Posted: 6/12/2008 4:16:07 AM EDT
[#7]
I believe the slogan "Virginia is for lovers" could be altered ....

Front: V is for Lovers
Back:  I'm a fighter, not a lover

With whatever cartoonish rendition you can think of.

I know a lot of states have grabbed the XXXXX is for lovers idea lately, but ours goes a long way back.
Link Posted: 6/12/2008 4:16:59 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Perfect.

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
You mean like this?

Or this

I like it too.
Link Posted: 6/12/2008 5:07:59 AM EDT
[#9]
Shotgun on the shoulder
1911, BSK, and Tomahawk on the belt
AR in hand
possibles bag full of mags.....

The background should be the United States Constitution.

The idea would be Citizens ready to defend their homes and Nation again all enemies.....foreign and domestic.

Also, work in a "I Voted" sticker on his shirt.....would'nt that send a message......

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
You mean like this?

Or this

Hey I think ya got somthin there. A flintlock on the shoulder and carrying an AR with a tomahawk in the belt...

You know what's gonna suck.. is I'm gonna end up buying 33 damn shirts or worse yet... 99... all of 'em, 1 in each color!
David
Link Posted: 6/12/2008 5:25:07 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Shotgun on the shoulder
1911, BSK, and Tomahawk on the belt
AR in hand
possibles bag full of mags.....

The background should be the United States Constitution.

The idea would be Citizens ready to defend their homes and Nation again all enemies.....foreign and domestic.

Also, work in a "I Voted" sticker on his shirt.....would'nt that send a message......

Da winna
Link Posted: 6/12/2008 11:57:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Ok here is my 2 cents. Since VA is the birthplace to the most Presidents, how bout a cartoonish pic of them in a peeled back "V" formation with George Washington at the front with all of them holding an AR at low ready.
Link Posted: 6/12/2008 2:14:46 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Ok here is my 2 cents. Since VA is the birthplace to the most Presidents, how bout a cartoonish pic of them in a peeled back "V" formation with George Washington at the front with all of them holding an AR at low ready.
If we do that, we will have to omit Wilson.
Link Posted: 6/12/2008 5:20:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Sign me up for a couple of the VA models.
Link Posted: 6/12/2008 5:41:28 PM EDT
[#14]
i find it so amusing that our admitidlly conservative states seal violates the "coc" of this website...

Link Posted: 6/12/2008 5:44:14 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Perfect.

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
You mean like this?

Or this

I like it too.

I think this one's got legs & has started runnin!
Link Posted: 6/12/2008 6:17:37 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Perfect.

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
You mean like this?

Or this

I like it too.

I dig it. Definitely onboard, sounds awesome.  

And even tho they defected to the Yankees, we ought to keep our brethren from West-by-God in mind when we design this, make sure it says "Virginia and West Virginia Hometown Forum" or at least "Virginias" on there. Or maybe the above image could be on the back and a prewar map silhouette with an AR across it could be on the front with "AR15.COM" and "Virginias".

And who would be a good likeness? We could just have a random dude, or we could do a specific patriot.
Link Posted: 6/12/2008 6:37:52 PM EDT
[#17]
I want one!!
Link Posted: 6/12/2008 7:08:28 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Perfect.

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
You mean like this?

Or this

I like it too.

And even tho they defected to the Yankees, we ought to keep our brethren from West-by-God in mind when we design this, make sure it says "Virginia and West Virginia Hometown Forum" or at least "Virginias" on there. Or maybe the above image could be on the back and a prewar map silhouette with an AR across it could be on the front with "AR15.COM" and "Virginias".

And who would be a good likeness? We could just have a random dude, or we could do a specific patriot.

None other than Virginia's most vehement Patriot, Patrick Henry

'Give me Liberty, or give me Death!'
Link Posted: 6/12/2008 7:12:12 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Perfect.

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
You mean like this?

Or this

I like it too.

None other than Virginia's most vehement Patriot, Patrick Henry

'Give me Liberty, or give me Death!'

Rog. That's what I was thinking.

I'd prefer TJ, but I'm biased.

So to sum, we're saying the Mel Gibson pic above, but instead of Mel, it's Patrick Henry, and he's got a slung 590, a tomahawk, a knife and a 1911 in his belt, an AR (type TBD) loose in his hand, a possibles bag full of AR mags, and the background is...Constitution or Gadsden Flag? Or maybe both? I'd point out that the Gadsden Flag is associated more with South Carolina...

This is just a candidate, of course.
Link Posted: 6/12/2008 7:39:25 PM EDT
[#20]
With regard to our brothers in West Virginia, keep in mind we were all part of one state until our brothers decided to sit out the war of northern aggression.

In the beginning WV was part of the greater Virginia, so in the context of 1776 till 1861, we were all 1 state.
Link Posted: 6/12/2008 9:10:19 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
With regard to our brothers in West Virginia, keep in mind we were all part of one state until our brothers decided to sit out the war of northern aggression.

In the beginning WV was part of the greater Virginia, so in the context of 1776 till 1861, we were all 1 state.

Yep, I concur. That's what I said above, a cool breast pocket emblem might be a prewar map silhouette with an AR across it, with "AR15.com" above and "Virginias" below.

Just throwing that out there.
Link Posted: 6/13/2008 7:54:06 PM EDT
[#22]
This is the logo for the front.

David
Link Posted: 6/14/2008 7:15:39 PM EDT
[#23]
how about we just alter the Great Seal, with the Governor's head on the ground and say 'Sic Semper Tim Kaineus
Link Posted: 6/15/2008 5:09:03 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
how about we just alter the Great Seal, with the Governor's head on the ground and say 'Sic Semper Tim Kaineus
Link Posted: 6/15/2008 2:15:53 PM EDT
[#25]
OST
Link Posted: 6/15/2008 6:10:46 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What a great idea Thats not really appropriate.
Link Posted: 6/16/2008 6:35:08 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, funny idea. . .but a shirt which promotes the violent overthrow of government (local or national) could get me in Dutch; Security clearances and all that jazz.  Not to mention that shirt being a Class 6 Felony.  

§ 18.2-60.1. Threatening the Governor or his immediate family.
Any person who shall knowingly and willfully send, deliver or convey, or cause to be sent, delivered or conveyed, to the Governor or his immediate family any threat to take the life of or inflict bodily harm upon the Governor or his immediate family, whether such threat be oral or written, shall be guilty of a Class 6 felony.
Link Posted: 6/16/2008 7:34:05 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
OK Guys

This state is rich in history going back to the earliest permanent settlement in North America, Jamestown, the final battle of the American Revolution, Yorktown, the home to a great number of the original patriots, and founding fathers, Patrick Henry, George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, James Mason to name a few, as well as being the capitol of the Confederacy with numerous great Virginians, such as Robert E.Lee, Stonewall Jackson, JEB Stuart, John Singleton Mosby, to name a few.

+1

Jackson, Stuart or Mosby whoopin' some ass with an AR (well mounted on a VA horse).

The sound of the voice brought Stoughton more fully awake and, when he realized the man bending over him was a stranger, he shouted, "What is this! Do you know who I am, sir?"

"I reckon I do, General. Did you ever hear of Mosby?"

"Yes, have you caught him?"

"No, but he has caught you."

Link Posted: 6/16/2008 11:44:27 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
you could do a modification of the Seal of the Commonwealth...
I think working "Sic Semper Tyrannus" into the shirt would be really cool...
Modify the Seal of the Commonwealth so she is holding an AR instead of a spear
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Seal_of_Virginia.svg

There were issues with using the State seal back when we did the Virginia-marked lower
buy. Some fussing about copyright infringements, etc.....

Something to think abt before somebody gets too invested, time-wise, in a design using it.....
Link Posted: 6/16/2008 3:11:32 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, funny idea. . .but a shirt which promotes the violent overthrow of government (local or national) could get me in Dutch; Security clearances and all that jazz.  Not to mention that shirt being a Class 6 Felony.  

§ 18.2-60.1. Threatening the Governor or his immediate family.
Any person who shall knowingly and willfully send, deliver or convey, or cause to be sent, delivered or conveyed, to the Governor or his immediate family any threat to take the life of or inflict bodily harm upon the Governor or his immediate family, whether such threat be oral or written, shall be guilty of a Class 6 felony.

Easy, just dont send him a shirt! haha!
Link Posted: 6/16/2008 4:52:41 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:
OK Guys

This state is rich in history going back to the earliest permanent settlement in North America, Jamestown, the final battle of the American Revolution, Yorktown, the home to a great number of the original patriots, and founding fathers, Patrick Henry, George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, James Mason to name a few, as well as being the capitol of the Confederacy with numerous great Virginians, such as Robert E.Lee, Stonewall Jackson, JEB Stuart, John Singleton Mosby, to name a few.

+1

Jackson, Stuart or Mosby whoopin' some ass with an AR (well mounted on a VA horse).

The sound of the voice brought Stoughton more fully awake and, when he realized the man bending over him was a stranger, he shouted, "What is this! Do you know who I am, sir?"

"I reckon I do, General. Did you ever hear of Mosby?"

"Yes, have you caught him?"

"No, but he has caught you."

www.workingnet.com/thunderbear/images/Mosby.jpg

I was actually thinking about Stonewall Jackson, Mosby, or Stuart exactly as you suggest, but couldn't find a model to portray the thought. Your drawing comes close.
Link Posted: 6/16/2008 5:07:20 PM EDT
[#32]
RogerC

You mean something like this one of Jackson?

Or this one of infantrymen from the 19th Virginia

Link Posted: 6/17/2008 5:58:13 AM EDT
[#33]
Lots of good ones of Mosby.

diveriter needs to jump in and do his artistic thing on one of these.  

Plus, the official Virginia wine of AR15.com (or should be):
Gray Ghost Vineyards
Link Posted: 6/17/2008 6:06:06 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
RogerC

artfiles.art.com/images/-/Rick-Kersten/Stonewall-Jackson-Photographic-Print-C11751530.jpeg

Like that one, Jackson would have been an arfcommer.  "Then let us give them the bayonet!"
Link Posted: 6/17/2008 6:22:18 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
RogerC

artfiles.art.com/images/-/Rick-Kersten/Stonewall-Jackson-Photographic-Print-C11751530.jpeg

Probably not the best choice for a Jackson pic. See how he's slumped back? I think that's a drawing of when he was shot by his own men.
Link Posted: 6/17/2008 12:27:28 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:
RogerC

Probably not the best choice for a Jackson pic. See how he's slumped back? I think that's a drawing of when he was shot by his own men.

His horse is in full rear.  E.g.:
Link Posted: 6/26/2008 12:31:12 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Hello Ladies and Gents,

I have been asked/given permission to create shirts for all the other Hometown forums. I have included a link to a response topic about the shirts I did for Team Florida for the last 3 years. I just need an idea of what you all think of having your own shirts.

In general I will most likely be using the state's official mammal as the mascot. I know there are a few states/HTF that have multiple states and official mammal. For you, I will try to include something that represents all of the states in the Hometown on one design.

I'm not taking orders yet... but I'm trying to get an idea of interest. The shirts will be offered in Black, Olive Drab and Sand, in sizes from Med.-5XL. I will be posting up the design as soon as they are ready.

All shirts will be pre-ordered and pre-paid as all others were done in Florida. The cost will be $20 per shirt + actual shipping via UPS.

Here's a link to the responses for the last 3 Team Florida shirts. www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=10&t=309126

Here are the designs I've done for Team Florida:

www.thumpershole.com/posted%20pics/teamflorida.bmp
www.thumpershole.com/gun_pics/Shirts_2/AR15gator%20done.jpg
www.thumpershole.com/gun_pics/TFL08/ArfcomTFS%20final.jpg

Thanks for looking,
David

Mods, if you have any questions, IM me or the Big Guy for clearity.

David, did we scare you off?  Any ideas on how to apply your artistic talent to make a bunch of Virginia dudes look cool?
Link Posted: 6/27/2008 12:41:42 PM EDT
[#38]
Tactical mermaid... now thats the ticket.........
Link Posted: 6/29/2008 12:30:34 PM EDT
[#39]
I'm far from an artist or good at photoshop, but here's my submission

http://home.comcast.net/~trianglechoke/Vatsidea.jpg

Just an idea for brainstorming, someone might be able to get something from it and make something doable...I dunno

the arf.com is meant for the front Prolly needs an AR sillohette somewhere or something I dunno
Link Posted: 6/29/2008 5:25:03 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

home.comcast.net/~trianglechoke/Vatsidea.jpg

Just an idea for brainstorming, someone might be able to get something from it and make something doable...I dunno

the arf.com is meant for the front Prolly needs an AR sillohette somewhere or something I dunno

I like that!
Link Posted: 6/30/2008 2:24:08 PM EDT
[#41]
This is one I made in anicipation of attending the HTF Training etc ...

if it can be used I can provide the ai vector file.  I've always liked crossed rifles.

Nevis

Link Posted: 6/30/2008 3:50:36 PM EDT
[#42]
Crossed rifles do look cool
Link Posted: 6/30/2008 5:55:09 PM EDT
[#43]
merge the crossed rifles with the virginia is for shooters and we may have a winner.
Link Posted: 6/30/2008 8:05:28 PM EDT
[#44]
This was an attempt at an avatar some time ago:

Link Posted: 7/1/2008 9:01:46 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

home.comcast.net/~trianglechoke/Vatsidea.jpg

This one has my vote!!!
Link Posted: 7/2/2008 5:11:39 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

i7.photobucket.com/albums/y265/NevisRuprecht/AR15_VAState2.jpg

I believe we have a winner.
Link Posted: 7/2/2008 6:29:47 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

i7.photobucket.com/albums/y265/NevisRuprecht/AR15_VAState2.jpg

I believe we have a winner.

Ok, let's get em done.  

Link Posted: 7/10/2008 9:06:35 AM EDT
[#48]
This one's a tough one. How about a bunch of people drawing a bead on dc gun laws and protecting title loans! hmm..I'll have to think about that...Va is for shooters is a hot idea!! I want one!
Link Posted: 7/10/2008 10:44:50 AM EDT
[#49]
One thing to keep in mind is how is gonna translate to a shirt via silkscreening. Unfortunately making something come out right on a silk screen press isn't as easy as doing it on a computer, let alone the cost of additional color screens, color seperations etc. It gets pricey quick.

My suggestion would be keep it 2 color max, one would be even cheaper but would look cheaper too.
Link Posted: 7/10/2008 10:46:57 AM EDT
[#50]
One thing to keep in mind is how is gonna translate to a shirt via silkscreening. Unfortunately making something come out right on a silk screen press isn't as easy as doing it on a computer, let alone the cost of additional color screens, color seperations etc. It gets pricey quick.

My suggestion would be keep it 2 color max, one would be even cheaper but would look cheaper too.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top