Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 9:10:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Right.  Hey I just shoot the stages, I didn't know there was going to be a quiz at the end!  In my head there were a couple days at the FSC and a few more at Centerline when it was green, and then one LOOOOONNNNNG one when it was white.  In between there was some work, eating, sleeping and loading mags.  That's about it.  

Link Posted: 12/15/2005 9:29:45 AM EDT
[#2]
What do you mean a long white one? That match didn't last as long as some of our others, and none have lasted longer than the first one.

If you're crying about the cold and snow, I'll make sure to bring some little heating pads to help you keep your mangina warm and toasty.

I will, however, be going down there the day before the match and use the tractor and blower to clear the ranges this time.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:43:24 PM EDT
[#3]
I mean that my long term memory compresses things and cuts the fluff.  Short term takes precedence ergo I remember the whole day, until the next month and then that's the one I mull.  I like the cold, there's a reason I don't live in FL, and I'm certainly not bitching.  As you saw, I have the gear and I'm not getting cold toes.  0F or lower is fine by me and I'd be happy to see who is creaky and who isn't  

I know those 'michelin man' comments are an expression of jealousy, it's ok.

eta - It was nice to be able to slide into kneeling positions vs stopping, dropping and shooting.  
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 11:14:45 AM EDT
[#4]
What kind of restrictions are there on the guns?  

I have read the rules on the website, but still had some questions.  I sent an inquiry to [email protected] but have not yet received an answer.

My questions specifically were:

Are there any restrictions on size/type of compensator on a rifle?  I currently have the JP "tank" brake on my gun.  It's not legal for USPSA Limited, but is okay for Open.

Are there any magazine size/length restrictions in either handgun or rifle?

Are bipods allowed?  If used, do they need to remain on the gun for the duration of the match?

I was going to try and make it out to the match in Jan, but wanted to make sure all of my equipment is okay.  
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 4:03:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Brakes on rifles are ok {if a little on the loud side}
as far as I know there is no limit to capacity on rifle mags, but pistol mags the mag has to be somewhat flush with the grip IE no 30 round pistol mags unless the gun came with them.
Bipods are allowed and they have to stay on the rifle for a given course of fire if you start with it on the gun. So bring your toys and have some fun with us!
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:25:59 PM EDT
[#6]
I sent a reply to you earlier today. If you didn't get it, let me know and I'll resend.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:52:11 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I sent a reply to you earlier today. If you didn't get it, let me know and I'll resend.

Sorry, I didn't get it.  Try again.

Thanks,
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:22:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Okay, I sent it again. If you're using any sort of email filter, it might have gotten round filed.

Check your junk mail folder if you have one.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 5:46:33 PM EDT
[#9]
It was in my junk mail.  I had previously had it set to just deleet anything as soon as it went to the "bulk mail" file.  Now I have it hold it for a few days.  I'm already finding stuff that it wasn't supposed to dump.  What is weird is that for a given sender, it might trash some messages and save others.  

I'll have to keep an eye on it.

BTW, unless something comes up, I should be at the match next Saturday.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:58:28 PM EDT
[#10]
I went to the Nov. match. It was a blast. Money issues kept me out of the Dec. match. I honestly was looking forward to shooting in the snow. Not looking forward to humping the 300 lb. pack in the snow though. I plan on being at the Jan. match. Santa brought me an Eagle chest harness SKD molle versionharness,
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 10:20:25 PM EDT
[#11]
One week to go folks.  This one will probably be warmer and greener than December.  Oh well...
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 11:25:57 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
One week to go folks.  This one will probably be warmer and greener than December.  Oh well...

Remember,,this is Michigan....weather wise anything is possible....
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 3:35:55 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Remember,,this is Michigan....weather wise anything is possible....

So you want me to bring an ARK?
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 7:00:49 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Water wings will suffice
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 5:48:58 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Water wings will suffice

Just make sure that they are OD or tan.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 5:47:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Date and time of match?  I'm finally done deer hunting and I'm getting cabin fever.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 6:02:00 PM EDT
[#17]
This coming Saturday (14th) at 10 am.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 7:22:55 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Date and time of match?  I'm finally done deer hunting and I'm getting cabin fever.

Holy... Mongo you're coming?  Cool.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 3:43:41 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Holy... Mongo you're coming?  Cool.

I'm thinking about it.  The "entertainment coordinator" might have something planned for Sat. evening though.  Have to clear that through her and the financial coordinator, which is, coincidentally, her also.

Have to square away my gear also.  It's everywhere and I just built a new upper for my M4.  Have to use something else if I compete.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 3:45:27 PM EDT
[#20]
hell, bring her along, too.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 3:48:56 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
hell, bring her along, too.

Ya, I might.  She likes to watch matches and such.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:48:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Looks like I've been cleared.  Just spent the last two or three hours finding, straightening, adjusting and tweaking gear, mags and rifles.  Hope to see you all there.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 8:42:56 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Looks like I've been cleared.  Just spent the last two or three hours finding, straightening, adjusting and tweaking gear, mags and rifles.  Hope to see you all there.

Good news, this should go better than Albion
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 9:13:09 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Dare I ask?
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 2:41:49 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dare I ask?

I made it through day one of Pat Rogers carbine class and a kidney stone showed up on my drive home.  I drove an hour in extreme pain and spent the night and next day in the hospital and the next week out of work.  On a positive note, the drugs were good.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 4:13:11 AM EDT
[#26]
man I wish I wasnt going down to tennesse this weekend. Oh well I might try to make it to my first acts shoot next month. have fun folks.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 7:15:30 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
I made it through day one of Pat Rogers carbine class and a kidney stone showed up on my drive home.  I drove an hour in extreme pain and spent the night and next day in the hospital and the next week out of work.  On a positive note, the drugs were good.

Hmm, slogan idea:

ACTS - More fun than a kidney stone!
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 7:46:21 PM EDT
[#28]
Keep working on it.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 2:41:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Hey Tony,

Can't log onto the new ACTS forum....am I registered?  Do I need to again?

ez
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:31:32 PM EDT
[#30]
Yes, you are. I'll force the system to resend your login info.

If you're using yahoo or some such, check your junk mail folder. I know it was sent twice to everyone already.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 9:01:32 AM EDT
[#31]
Drove out.  Couldn't find the place.  Locals couldn't help.  I couldn't remember Centerline.  I found the Battle Creek Sportsman's Club, though.

Anyway, when you click on "Click here for a map to Centerline of Calhoun County" on the home page, it brings up a map.

Now, above that map, there's another "Click HERE for the Yahoo interactive map.".  When you click there, it puts a red star between Assyria and Battle Creek Hwy.  Drove that for the better part of an hour, with no success, obviously.  I should have seen the difference in the maps, but I was getting stuff together faster than I like.  My fault.

Maybe next month.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 8:19:57 AM EDT
[#32]
Damn. I'm sorry to hear that, I really am.

I'm PM'ing you with my phone number. Next month, if you can make, call my cell, and I'll guide you in.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 10:11:08 AM EDT
[#33]
Easy did you and your brother have to work? You guys missed a great time! and the the chili they had was pretty good too..lol
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 10:12:35 AM EDT
[#34]
AND where were you Scott?

Im just bustin your balls cuz I'm bored.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 11:37:27 AM EDT
[#35]
Bro is on vacation.  I had *ahem* a better offer.  Wanted to come (gear was loaded in trunk the night before) but couldn't make it.  Will be there in Feb for sure.

Sounds like it was a good time.  Even installed new batteries in the Eo-thingy so the odds of hitting another hostage this time would be minimized!

Oh well...the best laid plans as they say.....
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 3:24:38 PM EDT
[#36]
OH! well! Thats a different thing all together! hope you came out on top! or somthing like that.
ROTFLMAO!!!
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 5:00:40 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
OH! well! Thats a different thing all together! hope you came out on top! or somthing like that.
ROTFLMAO!!!

HAHAHAHA....yeah...something like that.....knowing my significant other, I'll be at the Feb match....hahaha...
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 7:00:10 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
AND where were you Scott?

Im just bustin your balls cuz I'm bored.

I seem to have fallen into a run of bad luck the last couple of months. I really want to get out there. It looks like the next one I'll be able to make is March 11. I was hoping for February but my son has a cub scout event that I can't get out of.  I've already put the date on the family calender and told anyone of importance i'm not available for that day. Assuming life doesn't take another big shit on me, I'll FINALLY make it out then.

Oh, if you meant a different Scott, uhhh nevermind, carry on there is nothing to see here......

-Scott
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 8:31:21 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Oh, if you meant a different Scott, uhhh nevermind, carry on there is nothing to see here......

-Scott

The more Scotts the merrier!
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 8:19:11 AM EDT
[#40]
this looks like fun!
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 8:25:41 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
this looks like fun!

It is.

We've been getting pretty good turn outs, too.

Link Posted: 3/22/2006 8:27:08 AM EDT
[#42]
It's a long drive for me, but I think it'd be worth it.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 8:28:20 AM EDT
[#43]
Most of the guys who come shoot are driving two hours one way or more.

There are only about 4 or 5 guys who are local to the area.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top