Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 6:37:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

He has stated this was his last term.
View Quote

As usual their true colors come out in the end.

He was likely fighting all the progun legislation during RUSsiaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Bags of shit like this must be retired before they retire.
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 7:13:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

As usual their true colors come out in the end.

He was likely fighting all the progun legislation during RUSsiaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Bags of shit like this must be retired before they retire.
View Quote

This is why I disagree with earlier posts asking people to remain civil, and be polite when contacting these worthless shitbags. Remaining civil doesn't get you anywhere with these people. They need to understand their constituents are fucking pissed, pissed at them for caving all the time, all for the optics of "I'm doing something" and trying to appeal to as any as possible.

Fuck 'em, they should know people are sick of their lies and bullshit.

Fact is they don't give a shit about their constituents except when its time to vote. There is no fear on their part, they should have some fear of the people. Without fear, without consequences, there is absolutely no reason for them to do anything except what is in their best interests.

Fuck politicians, they aren't worth cup of spit, 95% of them anyway....and 100% of all Democrats...

PS I am sure people were polite, and nice, and Cornyn did whatever the fuck he wanted anyway, so how is being polite working out? The only time he felt pressure was when he was booed at the Republican meeting, then he was ruffled, and called his constituents "the mob"...fuck him, fuck him with a rusty chainsaw, there is no room or reason for decorum with these assholes anymore.
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 2:41:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Did this pass the House in the wee hours this morning without them getting a chance to poison pill it?
Link Posted: 6/25/2022 9:32:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

This is why I disagree with earlier posts asking people to remain civil, and be polite when contacting these worthless shitbags. Remaining civil doesn't get you anywhere with these people. They need to understand their constituents are fucking pissed, pissed at them for caving all the time, all for the optics of "I'm doing something" and trying to appeal to as any as possible.

Fuck 'em, they should know people are sick of their lies and bullshit.

Fact is they don't give a shit about their constituents except when its time to vote. There is no fear on their part, they should have some fear of the people. Without fear, without consequences, there is absolutely no reason for them to do anything except what is in their best interests.

Fuck politicians, they aren't worth cup of spit, 95% of them anyway....and 100% of all Democrats...

PS I am sure people were polite, and nice, and Cornyn did whatever the fuck he wanted anyway, so how is being polite working out? The only time he felt pressure was when he was booed at the Republican meeting, then he was ruffled, and called his constituents "the mob"...fuck him, fuck him with a rusty chainsaw, there is no room or reason for decorum with these assholes anymore.
View Quote

No.  When you call Cornyn's office, he's not going to pick up the phone to let you give him a piece of your mind.

Office phone duty in elected office is the lowest duty of all.  It's what they have the summer hires, and interns do, as it's boring, dreadful duty where a certain percentage of the callers curse you out.  Their job is to write tic marks down on a piece of paper or on a spreadsheet about various issues and for or against.  

It's why I tell people that they don't have to be ready for a debate with the office, or have some Cicero level orator ready.  You call, say who you are and where you're from (for validity as a constituent) and say you're for or against some issue.  Extra points if you mention how many times you've voted for them, and in what year, as that shows you're a knowledgeable voter, who's going to vote next election, and who other's in that person's circle will look to for voting advice.

Hollering at them and being a potty mouth makes about an much sense as cursing at the teenage working the county at McDonalds that they took the McRib away, and you still want it!

Swearing, hollering, threats, or the classic "you work for me!" are guanteeded ways to make the elected official and their reps think you're an emotional and easy swayed voter, who they can bring back into the fold via some negative ad about how bad their opponent is.

Gotta be cool, calm, and collected when you call your reps, and that the reps actions will drive your vote next election.

Link Posted: 6/25/2022 9:33:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Did this pass the House in the wee hours this morning without them getting a chance to poison pill it?
View Quote

Yep, House rubber stamped it, with 10-15 turncoat GOP'ers voting for it too.  Signed into law by Depends this morning.
Link Posted: 6/25/2022 11:39:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Yep, House rubber stamped it, with 10-15 turncoat GOP'ers voting for it too.  Signed into law by Depends this morning.
View Quote

My rep Pat Fallon said they had no opportunity to add any amendments.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 11:46:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Looks like Cornyn sold us out. We get nothing, Democrats get more laws to slowly chip away at our rights. Let him know how you feel
View Quote

Done.  Cornyn is a rat fuck
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 6:00:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Supposedly, he's not running again in 26, though that is a long time from now.   I wonder if Abbott will try to go for that seat if it's open.  Not much of a step up for gun owners if so.

We need a better conservative in that seat - maybe an up and coming House member or such, and not, I repeat not, Crenshaw, who was completely co-oped by the media a couple of S&L appearances and dressing up in a superhero costume.

My rep, Bruce Babin, is as solid of a conservative as you can get, but I don't think he has statewide ambitions.  Who else would be a good candidate for 26?
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 8:22:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Supposedly, he's not running again in 26, though that is a long time from now.   I wonder if Abbott will try to go for that seat if it's open.  Not much of a step up for gun owners if so.

We need a better conservative in that seat - maybe an up and coming House member or such, and not, I repeat not, Crenshaw, who was completely co-oped by the media a couple of S&L appearances and dressing up in a superhero costume.

My rep, Bruce Babin, is as solid of a conservative as you can get, but I don't think he has statewide ambitions.  Who else would be a good candidate for 26?
View Quote

My rep is Pat Fallon and might also be a good choice. I would prefer him to get a little more experience before he makes that jump.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 5:52:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Fallout continues from U.S. Sen. John Cornyn negotiating a bipartisan gun control bill and calling Texas Republicans who jeered and booed at him the Texas GOP Convention “a mob.”

The National Association for Gun Rights has denounced Cornyn, R-Texas, and demanded that he apologize for calling Texas Republicans a “mob.”

State Rep. Bryan Slaton has called on Cornyn to resign. “Compromise Cornyn should absolutely apologize to the grassroots @TexasGOP activists he called a mob,” Slaton said. “And he should stop his attacks on their Second Amendment rights or resign.”

While giving remarks at the convention, Cornyn was booed, jeered and interrupted by delegates for the entire 15 minutes he spoke. Chanting “no Red Flag” and “don’t take away our Second Amendment rights,” they also called him a traitor, The Center Square observed.

The delegates also unanimously approved a resolution condemning the bill he proposed.

However, in response to being booed, he criticized the base that helped elect him.

Cari Kelemen, author of “Consider Homeschooling,” said, “I have friends that booed John Cornyn to his face at the Texas GOP Convention and chanted ‘No red flags! No red flags!’ Did he listen? No. He just called them a mob.”

Scott Braddock with the Quorum Report tweeted, “After @JohnCornyn was met with such hatred at the @TexasGOP convention in Houston, I’m told he said to a few people, ‘I’ve never given in to the mobs and I’m not starting today.’”

Cornyn retweeted Braddock’s tweet affirming his support. He hasn’t denied making the comments or directly responded to requests that he apologize or resign. His office couldn’t be reached for comment.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top