Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 9/3/2013 7:54:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Any chance of having a zero target at 100yd to double check?
View Quote

Are you offering?
Link Posted: 9/3/2013 8:19:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/3/2013 8:57:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Bring plenty of apples.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you offering?
Bring plenty of apples.

My shakes aren't so bad anymore.
Link Posted: 9/3/2013 12:39:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you offering?
Bring plenty of apples.

Yeah, but you shoot with your other hand.  

" />
Link Posted: 9/3/2013 1:27:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

http://<a href=http://i1079.photobucket.com/albums/w505/miking84/blazing2.jpeg</a>" />
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you offering?
Bring plenty of apples.

http://<a href=http://i1079.photobucket.com/albums/w505/miking84/blazing2.jpeg</a>" />

Link Posted: 9/3/2013 1:43:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's so good to know that my humorous references to classic movies is not wasted.  
Link Posted: 9/3/2013 7:20:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

That may be difficult given how I plan to set up the course.  I have a couple of months to think about it, though.

You have a rifle that you don't trust the zero on?!?!?
Link Posted: 9/3/2013 7:26:41 PM EDT
[#8]
I will be  there for sure.....
Link Posted: 9/3/2013 11:55:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

That may be difficult given how I plan to set up the course.  I have a couple of months to think about it, though.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My closest actual range has 25, 50, and 100 yard backstops, but somebody wrote 25, 50, and 84 on the benches, so I don't know if I can trust the range, without borrowing a rangefinder

I'm still 2-4 weeks out on finishing my 26" DMR, pending optic purchase; I'm also buying a set of Meprolight AK night sights on Friday, so I'll have a couple rifles that will need to be confirmed/adjusted at a verified 100 yards.

I may be able to get it figured out before the shoot, but that's provided the corn is out of the way at my best friend's farm before then
Link Posted: 9/4/2013 12:08:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/4/2013 6:43:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Zero your rifle at either 25 or 50 for a good Battle Sight Zero. It's explained in the Optics FAQ section.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My closest actual range has 25, 50, and 100 yard backstops, but somebody wrote 25, 50, and 84 on the benches, so I don't know if I can trust the range, without borrowing a rangefinder

I'm still 2-4 weeks out on finishing my 26" DMR, pending optic purchase; I'm also buying a set of Meprolight AK night sights on Friday, so I'll have a couple rifles that will need to be confirmed/adjusted at a verified 100 yards.

I may be able to get it figured out before the shoot, but that's provided the corn is out of the way at my best friend's farm before then
Zero your rifle at either 25 or 50 for a good Battle Sight Zero. It's explained in the Optics FAQ section.

I'm intending to buy the Primary Arms 1-6. Dimitri ran some numbers and gave me instructions for zero on the 26". I'm supposed to zero it approximately 2" low at 100 yards for the BDC to be somewhat accurate.

Unrelated  ETA: I may also be bringing a +1.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 9:32:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Bump. 7 days, no replies.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 9:44:59 AM EDT
[#13]
FWIW, my Mosin @ 100m is more acurate than my eyes.  Sorry about the crossbar, JC...  

I was high 10" and left 2", but the grouping was pretty tight.  Time to do the electrical insulation trick on my front sight.

Dead nuts on @ 25m.  Bowling pin didn't stand a chance.  Made me feel good, that was the first round out of that rifle since the early days of the DDR.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 12:17:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
FWIW, my Mosin @ 100m is more acurate than my eyes.  Sorry about the crossbar, JC...  

I was high 10" and left 2", but the grouping was pretty tight.  Time to do the electrical insulation trick on my front sight.

Dead nuts on @ 25m.  Bowling pin didn't stand a chance.  Made me feel good, that was the first round out of that rifle since the early days of the DDR.
View Quote

At least you don't owe him a new length of chain...
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 2:01:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You'd think that someone who can hit a 3/16" wide target could hit the other 7 13/16" of steel.
Link Posted: 9/17/2013 4:11:12 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
You'd think that someone who can hit a 3/16" wide target could hit the other 7 13/16" of steel.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just hide the spray paint in front of the target next time...it should get a lot more hits

Link Posted: 9/17/2013 5:25:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Just hide the spray paint in front of the target next time...it should get a lot more hits

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hey now!............
Link Posted: 9/17/2013 5:42:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Hey now!............
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hey now!............

You mean THIS paint can?  

Link Posted: 9/30/2013 6:49:55 PM EDT
[#19]
I put together a flyer for the shoot.  Hopefully, this link will work.

Zombie Shoot
Link Posted: 9/30/2013 6:54:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Zombie Shoot

View Quote

Impressive!

Why only 2 rounds for the terrorist? You know how much trouble we all had with the jar of tannerite at 25 yards.
Link Posted: 9/30/2013 7:13:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Zombie Shoot

View Quote

Nice! Can't wait!!
Link Posted: 9/30/2013 8:07:14 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Zombie Shoot

View Quote

Holy crap, Thats nice work man...

Dibs on the couch thingy on the deck, if'in I can make it...   I REALLY REALLY hope I can...  

Link Posted: 10/1/2013 12:41:44 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Impressive!

Why only 2 rounds for the terrorist? You know how much trouble we all had with the jar of tannerite at 25 yards.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Zombie Shoot

Impressive!

Well, if your gun is sighted in right, you shouldn't have any trouble hitting an eight-inch plate at 150 yards.

I have replaced the original doc to remove my physical address.  Links inside quotes won't work any more.  Still learning Giggle Dicks.  
Link Posted: 10/1/2013 4:05:14 AM EDT
[#24]
I'll bring my short sword, if you're okay with folks chopping milk jugs in half. Just save a few empty milk jugs (rinsed, please) and fill them with water before you show up. They're great fun to slice with a sword.
Link Posted: 10/1/2013 4:55:58 AM EDT
[#25]
I plan on being there. Will need directions..........Thanks
Link Posted: 10/1/2013 6:41:56 AM EDT
[#26]
Scored a sling for the Mosin, she shouldn't have to rest on the ground anymore.  

I may need to borrow a .22 pistol but with luck will have a shotgun before then.
Link Posted: 10/1/2013 9:47:31 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I plan on being there. Will need directions..........Thanks
View Quote

IM sent.
Link Posted: 10/8/2013 12:37:55 PM EDT
[#28]
Just to whet everyone's appetite.  Bribes accepted.

Link Posted: 10/8/2013 7:46:13 PM EDT
[#29]
Those look really nice sir!!!  Really Nice!!!
Link Posted: 10/10/2013 8:55:55 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

I may need to borrow a .22 pistol but with luck will have a shotgun before then.
View Quote
You can borrow one of mine if you need to. I figured you'd have a bucket full for classes by now.

JC, I'll need an IM with directions when you get a chance.

Looking forward to meeting everyone.
Link Posted: 10/10/2013 9:55:03 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

I have a few .22 pistols and a shotgun that people may use, if needed.

I should have said in the flyer and here that for the shotgun nothing larger than #4 shot, low brass, please.  The neighbors frown on lead rain.
Link Posted: 10/10/2013 9:05:11 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I should have said in the flyer and here that for the shotgun nothing larger than #4 shot, low brass, please.  The neighbors frown on lead rain.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So no slugs?

Link Posted: 10/10/2013 9:07:17 PM EDT
[#33]
And here I had a case of these:

Now what am I supposed to do?
Link Posted: 10/11/2013 12:15:35 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

So no slugs?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So no slugs?

You hush.
Link Posted: 10/16/2013 12:00:08 PM EDT
[#35]
So about what time should people start arriving for this little shindig?

My dad should be joining me at least for a little bit before he has to head out of town.
Link Posted: 10/16/2013 3:46:56 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

My dad should be joining me at least for a little bit before he has to head out of town.
View Quote

I'm planning on having everything set up by 10:00.  If people want to show up a little early to help, that would be fine.  I have a couple of 10X10 awnings to set up and some tables to get down there.
Link Posted: 10/16/2013 5:14:10 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I'm planning on having everything set up by 10:00.  If people want to show up a little early to help, that would be fine.  I have a couple of 10X10 awnings to set up and some tables to get down there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll start heading that way at or before 0630 on the 26th. Should take me just over 2 hours to get there. I'm planning to help with setup and such.
Link Posted: 10/17/2013 4:03:27 AM EDT
[#38]
A couple of questions:

How do we get directions?

Is there a place to plug in a warming tray if we bring a hot side dish?
Link Posted: 10/17/2013 9:24:46 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
A couple of questions:

How do we get directions?

Is there a place to plug in a warming tray if we bring a hot side dish?
View Quote

IM sent with address and basic directions.  I don't know if I can get an extension cord down there or not.  I'll try this afternoon and see how much loss I get.  I have a generator, but it's LOUD.  There's obviously lots of power at the house, but it's 125 yards from where we'll be.
Link Posted: 10/18/2013 8:44:41 PM EDT
[#40]
Anybody doing sales or trades? I've got a like-new PF9 + mags + leather holster that I'm looking to trade for a .22 pistol or sell to fund one.

Link Posted: 10/19/2013 2:46:12 AM EDT
[#41]
I have a Tokarev and Taurus 709 with mags and Crossbreed on the block I can bring if anyone is interested.
Link Posted: 10/19/2013 4:20:39 AM EDT
[#42]
I have 4 loaded Troy mags full of M193 I'm looking to trade for surplus AK mags, provided they're not gone before next weekend.
Link Posted: 10/19/2013 10:26:56 AM EDT
[#43]
Hey JC, if I get there early enough, mind if I do a little 100y shooting?  http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_118/619213__OFFICIAL_ARFCOM_AR_NON_MOA__SHTF__CHALLENGE__.html&page=1

It'd only take 5 mins.  ;)
Link Posted: 10/19/2013 3:26:32 PM EDT
[#44]
JC
The wife unit and I have been so looking forward to this . Now I / we cannot make it . I have to go to Marion , ILL and taker a Class for work .
It comes down to fun or money . As always money wins
Link Posted: 10/19/2013 4:46:54 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Hey JC, if I get there early enough, mind if I do a little 100y shooting?  http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_118/619213__OFFICIAL_ARFCOM_AR_NON_MOA__SHTF__CHALLENGE__.html&page=1

View Quote

Unfortunately, not.  People will be here arely setting up the targets at rge berm and getting everything ready, so there won't be an opportunity for other shooting before the contest begins.  Sorry.  I'm also interested in doing the MOA challenge and would be willing to do it another day.

Link Posted: 10/19/2013 4:47:45 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
JC
The wife unit and I have been so looking forward to this . Now I / we cannot make it . I have to go to Marion , ILL and taker a Class for work .
It comes down to fun or money . As always money wins
View Quote

Sorry to hear that, but I understand.  Maybe next time.  Thanks for letting me know.
Link Posted: 10/19/2013 8:27:55 PM EDT
[#47]
I told boss lady that in case of "emergency" I can work Friday night but absolutely cannot work Saturday so should be available to still come out. Don't know how much I will shoot since I am a few months out of practice since taking up archery :) if nothing else I could be designated scorekeeper/cameraman/foodprep so you can enjoy the company if I don't shoot. Still gonna be there though, wouldn't miss it for the world
Link Posted: 10/19/2013 10:21:17 PM EDT
[#48]
I'm in still, I'll have my own ammo for .22lr and 12 gauge (low brass #4 as requested) as well as anything I bring with me to shoot.

I may be bringing some meat candy as well.  I found a bacon wrapped smokie recipe I want to try out.  Let's give those statins a workout!
Link Posted: 10/19/2013 10:22:07 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Unfortunately, not.  People will be here arely setting up the targets at rge berm and getting everything ready, so there won't be an opportunity for other shooting before the contest begins.  Sorry.  I'm also interested in doing the MOA challenge and would be willing to do it another day.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No worries.  Gives me an excuse to come visit again before the ice storms.  
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 4:03:56 AM EDT
[#50]
Are we limited to a certain shot size for the terrordactyl?
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top