Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 3:39:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, just got home a little bit ago. Had a pretty good time today. There were only 5 of us there, but that just meant more ammo for us.

TheCommissioner and his son
ColdSteel223
My wife and I

We got the target hanger (which is made from 6X6's) into the ground by digging post holes nearly four feet deep. ColdSteel223 brought a huge bag of double cheeseburgers from McDonald's, thinking that there would be an army there to feed. After eating what we could stuff down, we broke out the firearms. I don't know about everyone else, but I got a slight sunburn. Not as bad as last year though.

Thanks to everyone in attendance.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 5:26:40 PM EDT
[#2]
I had a blast as well. I also have a slight sunburn  but I shall live. Today was much better for me than last Saturday. I was recovering from getting all 4 wisdom teeth cut out. Guns, Fun, & Fellowship beat that out everytime.

Although just about anything would beat wisdom teeth surgery recovery.

Thanks to The Commissioner for having us out & thanks to M4 for sharing his really cool toys.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 1:00:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Glad you guys had a good time.  If I wasnt stuck at work doing 16 hour days, I'd have been there.  Maybe next time.  
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 6:15:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Something always seems to come up at the last minute
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 11:02:24 PM EDT
[#5]
When I get home from the sandbox... it's on like Donkey Kong. Wish I could have been there.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 7:04:36 AM EDT
[#6]
This makes two I've missed now.    I was planning to come, but got sent out of town all week on business at the last minute.  I got back Friday night and could have made it, but decided that I needed to catch up on the yard work and some wife time instead.  At least I did get some trigger time (and a mild sunburn) on Sunday.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 12:52:08 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
This makes two I've missed now.  

Yeah, but at least this one was just a preliminary to get ready for the big one later. Technically, you've only missed one big shoot.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 7:04:23 AM EDT
[#8]
I took my son out camping Friday night I was sick to begin with, and by 10am Saturday morning I  was having trouble breathing.  I guess, I have a severe case of walking pneumonia, I have to get chest x-rays tonight.  I thought I could get over it on my own, but with a new born, and a dog I just haven't got much good sleep.  Sorry, I didn't show.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 12:47:50 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I took my son out camping Friday night I was sick to begin with, and by 10am Saturday morning I  was having trouble breathing.  I guess, I have a severe case of walking pneumonia, I have to get chest x-rays tonight.  I thought I could get over it on my own, but with a new born, and a dog I just haven't got much good sleep.  Sorry, I didn't show.

Hope you come out of it soon.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 8:02:08 PM EDT
[#10]
I think I coughed up some of my left lower lung today.
I'm feeling better but I should have done something about it sooner, you all know the drill.
Thanks M4M
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 6:11:19 PM EDT
[#11]
We have a shooting range!  Target board frame and shooting bench are complete.

A big Commissioner "thank you" goes out to:

**M4Madness for manning the post hole digger and generously giving us trigger time on his NFA toys,

**Mrs. M4Madness for supervising our construction work,

**ColdSteel223 for bringing in cheeseburgers and teaching us some helpful pistol shooting tips.

My son and I installed the new shooting bench today.  I built a bench for right hand shooters since everyone in the family is right handed.  The design is just a 180 degree flip away for a lefty if I build another.

Unemployment may be expensive (more money going out than coming in) but it's sure is nice to be able to take advantage of beautiful weather!  
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top