User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 7:55:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe there is a landlord/tenant relationship but I doubt the law would force anyone to pay her utilities for her.
No, but if she was allowed to move in with utilities included, cutting them off because of a disagreement could be problematic for the landlord.  

Just out of curiosity, does the law assume if you have no rental agreement and you don't have any utilities under your name, that someone else is obligated to pay them for you? (as in I'm moving out, if you want electricity, you need to establish new service in your name)

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 8:07:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe there is a landlord/tenant relationship but I doubt the law would force anyone to pay her utilities for her.
No, but if she was allowed to move in with utilities included, cutting them off because of a disagreement could be problematic for the landlord.  

Just out of curiosity, does the law assume if you have no rental agreement and you don't have any utilities under your name, that someone else is obligated to pay them for you? (as in I'm moving out, if you want electricity, you need to establish new service in your name)

I don't think that is what I wrote.  I imagine the answer is situationally dependant

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top